Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230618肩挑大任續慧命Shouldering the Responsibility of Passing On Tzu Chi’s Wisdom-Life

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230618肩挑大任續慧命Shouldering the Responsibility of Passing On Tzu Chi’s Wisdom-Life  Empty
發表主題: 20230618肩挑大任續慧命Shouldering the Responsibility of Passing On Tzu Chi’s Wisdom-Life    20230618肩挑大任續慧命Shouldering the Responsibility of Passing On Tzu Chi’s Wisdom-Life  Empty周三 6月 28, 2023 1:42 pm

20230618肩挑大任續慧命Shouldering the Responsibility of Passing On Tzu Chi’s Wisdom-Life  

For the Turkey earthquake disaster, Tzu Ching alumni in Taoyuan were thinking of a way for Tzu Chings to fundraise like other Tzu Chi volunteers. Since college students don’t have an income, what can we do? We decided to make cookies and sell them. On the day of the event, many Tzu Ching alumni brought their children with them. We hope that, as we start by bringing our children to Tzu Chi’s events, our children will be givers, too.  

Many Tzu Chings have grown, gotten married, and are raising a family. They now have to support their family while spending time with their children and educating them. It’s important to teach by example. Our home is the place to teach our children; while growing up, home is truly the big school in children’s life. They only go to school a few hours a day, but they are home for the rest of the day. They’ll hear what their parents are talking about.

Plus, for children, home is like a mini society. What kind of attitude did the parents pass down? At home, children are watching and listening, so, family is a big classroom for children’s life. It the parents had set examples, then, at school, the child will mindfully take in the guidance of his teachers. If the parents did not set a good example for learning, even when the child is at school, he’s learning knowledge but not attitude. These aren’t the same.

We nurture children and hope that they will head into the world and serve the world. Let us educate children about the attitude of life, not just book knowledge. The attitude of life is something parents need to teach children since they were little. Then, along with teachers teaching them different school subjects, the children will have a correct direction in life.

From 10, 20, or 30 years ago, we have had students enrolling in our kindergarten or elementary school, and then in our high school and university. Many people in the audience are our alumni; some started in kindergarten, and some started in elementary school. I hope that those who are in their 20s to 40s will remember their school days.

Don’t forget those memories of how your parents taught you; they might be in our Teachers’ Association, or your parents might have taken you to visit the Abode. We have such affinity in the past, so now, I have hopes for each of you; you and me are talking face-to-face. You are to make great aspiration now to pass on Tzu Chi’s wisdom-life.

You should know that Tzu Chi’s impact on the world goes beyond Taiwan. Though Tzu Chi was established in Taiwan, its spirit and its power of love have spread around the world. Everyone ought to be proud of Tzu Chi. I hope that everyone can be proud of being with Tzu Chi. Don’t forget this. I’m grateful to you volunteers. Don’t let me down and make me say that “young people’s minds change easily.”

Nowadays, many young people come to the Abode, and they would say this to me, “Master, your child has returned, and our minds have not changed.” Every time I hear this, I feel that they know my heart. I hope this large group of young people will not change their minds, and moreover, can serve as pillars for society and their family. Everyone shoulders the responsibility of caring for society and setting a role model in their family.

In coming to this world, we are to train ourselves to deal with suffering. Life is full of suffering and hard work. If you encounter something that doesn’t go your way, you are to have this concept: life is full of suffering. If you can get through it, you are a bodhisattva. Bodhisattvas come to the world for the sake of living beings in suffering. When we encounter setbacks, we are to feel fortune that we’ve encountered a cultivation ground for bodhisattvas. So, we are to cultivate ourselves mindfully.

We are to adjust our mindset all the time. As long as we are determined, no suffering can stop us. Let me tell you, this is what I think: No suffering can stop me because I know that life is full of suffering. This is part of life. Don’t get obstructed by the thought of “this is hard “. We must overcome challenges one by one. After we overcome a difficulty, we’ll feel that, in this life, we’re useful. We are not useless because we are defeated by challenges. 

When we are defeated, we can’t be of use. We want to be someone who is useful. For every challenge that we overcome, we’ll be very happy and feel at ease. I often say that I’m at peace and at ease every day. This is what we need to learn.

Volunteers, theses are simple principles. The way of cultivation is very easy. So, remember this: don’t get caught up in suffering and hardship. When we encounter challenges, we are to say “this is my cultivation ground” and work on them. If we can do this all the time, it shows our endurance. We have the endurance, the ability, and the strength to overcome challenges. What happened yesterday is gone.

Today, we are to work for the future. So, we need to tell ourselves often that we are to take up responsibilities. Don’t be afraid of the heavy load. Being able to shoulder responsibilities is to truly live a useful life. Everyone, you are still young. In the future, you will need to be able to shoulder tasks, and there will be many. Have faith that you can do this. I give everyone my blessings.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: