Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230623長養慈悲菩薩行Paving the Bodhisattva Path to Relieve Suffering in the World

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230623長養慈悲菩薩行Paving the Bodhisattva Path to Relieve Suffering in the World Empty
發表主題: 20230623長養慈悲菩薩行Paving the Bodhisattva Path to Relieve Suffering in the World   20230623長養慈悲菩薩行Paving the Bodhisattva Path to Relieve Suffering in the World Empty周六 7月 15, 2023 2:54 am

We’ve lost everything to the cyclone. Having drinking water is most important. Water is available but expensive. We, the poor, can’t afford it. We, the poor, can’t afford it.

Refugees have fled because of conflict, persecution, discrimination, violence often mix with other motivations particular the climate change. We are in a very polarized world where international tensions play out all the way into humanitarian issues and it is really, really worried.

Our situation is difficult. When we first arrived at this refugee camp, my oldest child was only four years old. Now, that child is 15, and has no future.

See how many people are suffering in the world and how many kinds of suffering there are. While some are suffering from climate change, some have been affected by manmade disasters. With their imbalanced minds clouded by ignorance, those with power have brought about disasters upon their commands. Those affected are suffering unspeakably as if in hell.

Their anguish and fear are caused by manmade disasters. Natural disasters such as storms, floods, and earthquakes are also devastating. See how many disasters have occurred around the world. This is why the Buddha said that the world is filled with much suffering. In whichever country a disaster occurs, our Tzu Chi volunteers seek ways to bring aid there. In practicing the Bodhisattva Way, they can’t bear to see people suffer.

So, whenever a disaster occurs, they come together and practice the Bodhisattva way diligently to relieve people’s suffering.

The buildings we’ve constructed are very sturdy. I’m happy that this school has been completed. Now, it’s been handed over to the Ministry of education.

If our home are destroyed by a storm, we can also take shelter in this activity center Tzu Chi helped build. 
Whenever I save a handful of rice, I wish everyone can be well and happy, cultivate compassion, and bring love to others.

We see how our volunteers in Myanmar have helped with reconstruction for disaster survivors. The spirit of saving a handful of rice has been practiced there for over ten years. Despite being poor, the locals eat 80% full and save the rest to help others in need. When one of five handfuls of rice is saved and the other four handfuls of rice are shared by five people, the five people can still eat 80% full. The locals have been following this practice for over ten years. 

They’ve also paved a path. Originally, the path was hard to walk upon and they even had to pull one another out of the mud. Now, the muddy path has been turned into a broad path. They made concrete slabs manually and used the slabs to pave a broad path. They told me that they’d like to carry me in an oxcart to se their bountiful harvest. They cleaned the oxcart thoroughly and placed a red seat cushion on it, making it very dignified.  They also prepared a stool for me to step onto the cart.

They placed the red seat cushion and invited me to travel the path and see their bountiful harvest. And, for fear that I might fall, they even added railings on both sides of the cart. See how mindful they are. They also took me to their village, where I saw women doing handiwork during the slack season. They help with farming in the growing season and do handiwork in the slack season.

We prepared sewing machines for them and taught them to sew. In the beginning, they practiced sewing using torn cloths or fabric scraps. After the, they learned other sewing techniques step by step. Having mastered all the skills, they can make clothing now. They’re truly mindful. Thanks to our volunteers’ tireless dedication, the locals kept learning and growing. Our volunteers there are truly mindful and diligent.

We’ve also been bringing aid to a meditation center in Myanmar. Many underprivileged people live there together. Some of them are elderly or disabled with no one to rely on. Our volunteers from Malaysia had helped and cared for them with love. Seeing how those ill, poor, or dying all live in that harsh environment, we build temporary houses for them so they can live more decently.

I told our volunteers from Malaysia: “We should care for those seriously ill, so even if they only have one day to live, they can see the light of heaven.” One of the residents who moved to the temporary house was very content, and coincidentally, that was the last day of his life. Even though we built a temporary house for them, our ultimate goal is to build an apartment for them. Yet, affinities have been lacking. 

Although we can’t bring more id there now, a resident saw the light of heaven on the last day of his life. There are too many wondrous affinities to share. We’ve been doing all we can to help the needy. With firm conviction, we’ve been giving of ourselves tirelessly. So, we should keep paving the path. I truly hope that we can all seize every opportunity to sow blessings for the world and pave a path for our wisdom-life. Let us vow to do so life after life.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: