Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20230630轉濁為淨菩薩行Paving a Path of Goodness Generation After Generation

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20230630轉濁為淨菩薩行Paving a Path of Goodness Generation After Generation Empty
發表主題: 20230630轉濁為淨菩薩行Paving a Path of Goodness Generation After Generation   20230630轉濁為淨菩薩行Paving a Path of Goodness Generation After Generation Empty周六 7月 15, 2023 3:05 am

The Buddha said that we live in the evil world of Five turbidities. Turbidities stop us from seeing things clearly, and ignorance disturbs how our five sense organs perceive the five objects of sense. Many people draw distinctions between what they like and what they don’t like. If we don’t understand life’s truths, when we see something, we liked, we’ll give rise to greed and let our hearts and minds deviate. Having let their hearts and minds deviate, many have gone astray in life.

The Buddha came this world to guide all to walk the right path in life. Take traffic lights at intersections for example. We should slow down at a yellow light and stop at a red light. When the light changes to green, we can then proceed. This is how principles can bring our thoughts under control. Thanks to traffic regulations, traffic can be kept under control and our safety can be ensured.

Like traffic police, those who expound the Dharma tell us what we can and cannot do. In all, principles can bring about order in this world. Sometimes, when I’m expounded true principles, there comes noise from an airplane. To continue my talk, I need to exert more strength to speak louder. This is not easy for me.

In the same way, I hope we can all vow to serve steadfastly despite all difficulties. For that, we need to practice forbearance. We also need to practice benevolence, loving-kindness, and compassion so we can benefit others even if they’re not related to us. In the past, we didn’t know each other. Thanks to others’ sharing, you came across my teachings and Tzu Chi’s values through texts or videos. This is possible due to good affinities.

We’re blessed that we’ve made vows to walk the Bodhisattva Path and inspire more people to join us so we can work together to relieve suffering. This is our shared aspiration.

We all know Mr. Faisal Hu. He has shared with all that despite being a Tzu Chi volunteer, he is a devote Muslim. I’ve also assured him of his religious faith. To guide people to cultivate goodness and give with love is what a true religion is about. Different religions have different names, but they all share the same true principles. Buddhism teaches us that by cultivating ourselves, we can go to heaven. Islam also teaches people that only by doing good and giving with love can they go to heaven.

Aren’t these principles the same? Buddhism guides us to practice the Ten Wholesome Ways and abide by the Ten Precepts. By following these precepts, we’re practicing goodness and walking the right path in life. And, by practicing the Ten Wholesome Ways, we can walk the broad path to heaven. 

I also hope you can take a step further by vowing to walk the Bodhisattva path. For that, we should give unconditionally without expecting to go to heaven, and we should even be willing to go to hell to save beings there. May everyone vow to serve like Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva and Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva.

With that, we can serve steadfastly despite all the hardship. In the future, natural disasters will occur more and more frequently. Weather patterns have become erratic as the Earth is being damaged. With our desire ever growing, we humans will want to get more. But the Earth won’t grow larger as we seek to get more resources. Where do resources come from? The Earth. Yet, the speed of afforestation can’t catch up with that of deforestation. With little time left, what can we do?

I need to explain to you all that there’s little time left, so we all have the responsibility to share true principles and set a good example by inspiring all to walk the Bodhisattva path in spite of difficulties. We should call on all to pave the path. Instead of enjoying the smoothness of the path, we should pave it to make it longer and smoother. It’s our responsibility as Tzu Chi members to pave the path for humanity and the world.

When I expounded the Ksitgarbha Bodhisattva Sutra, I said I’d vowed to close the gates to hell and pave a broad Bodhisattva path around the world. I’ll uphold this vow forever and ever. I ‘ve been living it this life and will continue to do so in my next life. What is to be done between my passing and my return to this world? I hope you can keep paving the path by inspiring all to join our rank. With all of us inspiring others and paving the path continuously, our procession will be long life after life.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: