Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20240207 造福立德益人間Having a Peaceful Mind and a Virtuous Heart

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20240207 造福立德益人間Having a Peaceful Mind and a Virtuous Heart Empty
發表主題: 20240207 造福立德益人間Having a Peaceful Mind and a Virtuous Heart   20240207 造福立德益人間Having a Peaceful Mind and a Virtuous Heart Empty周日 3月 17, 2024 3:17 am

Volunteers, every day, I care about world affairs. I'm very worried about what's happening in the world now because of climate change, the imbalance of nature, plus the chaos in people's hearts, which have caused much unrest in the world.

This is why I often say that when I open my eyes every day in the morning, I'm always grateful. I'm grateful for being safe and well the day before, and thatI was able to be at ease and I slept well. Waking up early in the morning, I opened my eyes, and listened to the sound outside. It was very quiet. It was like I was able to hear a sound that's imperceptible.

There was a sound in the midst of quietness, but it was imperceptible. If we could quiet our mind, we could hear the sound of nature. There is a series of rhythm. Quietly listening to this, it feels so wonderful. Being able to feel this way, I'm extremely grateful. Only a person with blessings can enjoy such tranquility and beings safe and well.

How can we detect such an imperceptible sound? We need to get rid of all distracting thoughts
and harbor only gratitude. For the things that happened regarding people, matters, or things, if we are content and grateful with what had happened yesterday, today we will feel very calm and peaceful, and we'll welcome the future of today with a heart of calmness and harmony.

This makes our life the most blessed life. The Buddha came to the world to teach us two methods of cultivation. One is to let go of afflictions. Second is to use every second of our future to create blessings for the world.

At all times, we are to harbor the thought of creating blessings for the world, not just praying for blessings. In fact, praying for blessings won't give us blessings. The way to gain blessings is to create blessings and have love. We are to nurture love in our heart always. In our daily life, let us keep a broad heart and embrace all with love.

In our daily life, let us not fuss over things nor have disputes with others. To do this, we are to be understanding. Even if people criticize us, talk behind us, or try to hurt our reputation, let us not be bothered by it. What we can do is to examine our actions, and see whether we have focused too much on our own gains and losses. Have I disrespected someone? Was I greedy or did I go after my desires and led to another's loss? Did I only care about my own gains?

I've examined my deeds this way; fortunately, before today, of my past, my deeds were all to benefit the world. I'm neither indebted to someone nor have I caused someone any loss, hence, I'm at ease with all. So, as there are many people who are suffering in the world, I need to be more mindful in having more people to engage in acts of creating blessings. This way, everyone will be safe and our world will be safe.

In the past, people held their chanting beads and chanted, Amitofo, Amitofo, as they wanted to be born in the Land of Bliss, so they prayed to Amitabha Buddha. We must know that it is not possible with few wholesome roots and blessings. You pray, but you must serve as well.

By creating blessings, people in the world are alleviated from their suffering due to your act, hence, this is creating blessings in the world. We give them necessities so they can live their life; and the virtues from this act will come to us. We hold virtues in our hearts from the virtuous deeds we've done. With a heart that wants to create blessings in the world, people will want to give. With this thought, one gives, and the virtues from his deed will return to him.

When we give material aid to those in need, they are saved. This act creates virtues which go to the givers, because the givers wanted nothing from their deeds of giving. When one wants nothing, his heart is at ease; he will have a peaceful mind. Those with a peaceful mind are the most blessed because they have no afflictions.

To live every day with no afflictions, they have gratitude and are free, and they are happy. Such happiness stems from creating blessings. Why does the time pass by so fast? Every day, I wonder, why does the time pass by so fast? Despite that time flies, my heart is full of insights, and I feel that the world is filled with good people.

Look at all these living bodhisattvas! They are all of one heart, they give without asking for anything in return, and they are full of Dharma joy. They are full of the joy of practicing the Dharma! Isn't this what blessing is about? This is exactly what blessing is! When we create blessings for the world every day, we have blessings every day!
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: