Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20240221 守護山海啟良知Inspiring More People to Protect Our Oceans

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20240221 守護山海啟良知Inspiring More People to Protect Our Oceans Empty
發表主題: 20240221 守護山海啟良知Inspiring More People to Protect Our Oceans   20240221 守護山海啟良知Inspiring More People to Protect Our Oceans Empty周日 3月 17, 2024 4:02 am

The reason for the rapid rise in global temperatures in 2023 has been found. In the past, global temperatures rose more slowly as the ocean, encompassing over 70% of Earth's surface, absorbed the warming that had occurred. Yet, the ocean has now reached its limits in absorbing heat. Even the ocean is becoming ill.

The year 2023 has been reported as the hottest since the Industrial Revolution, with a temperature rise of 1.48 degrees Celsius. It's very close to the threshold of 1.5 degrees Celsius. So, we're very worried. Yet, the ocean is where we can still make efforts to turn the tide.

Indeed, human survival hinges on the Earth. So, it's crucial for us to protect our mountains and oceans. Yet, sadly, the world population is too high, and many only know how to enjoy life without the awareness of preserving our world. This is indeed regrettable.

As human beings, we're often regarded as the most intelligent creatures. So, we should protect the Earth and all other living beings. Human beings should protect them all. Unfortunately, instead of doing so, many of us seek to satisfy our desires and do whatever we want, such as sightseeing or mountain climbing.

To improve our lives, we've cut down primeval forest. To create more space, trees that can protect the Earth have been felled. Plants that help conserve soil and water have been continuously harmed by us humans. As the population grows, desires are emerging in hearts of more and more people.

So, I'm very worried. Yet, worrying is of no use. We should quickly find a way to inspire others.

Within four and a half months, 175,051 people visited our exhibition at the NTSEC. After the exhibition, upon the invitation of Director-general Chen, we moved the environmental protection parts of the exhibition to the NMMST, while the parts on disaster prevention were moved to our Sanchong Complex.

For the exhibition in Sanchong, I'm very grateful to our carpentry team, plumbing team, and our senior female volunteers, who even helped paste large posters. There was also a multimedia team. By working in unity and complementing one another, the exhibition in Sanchong started as scheduled.

We moved the poster display boards from the NTSEC in Shilin to the MNNST in Keelung. As the boards are all very large, about two to three meters in size, Brother Zhan Cong-guo, Lin Qing-he, and others had made on-site surveys in advance. On the second basement floor of the NMMST, the carpentry team arranged in order the display boards brought from the NTSEC. Also, we had to remove all the nails on the boards, or the posters wouldn't look good when put up.

On December 11, when the museum was closed, our volunteer teams of carpenters and electricians came to install and wire up everything. Those from Banqiao and Sanchong also came.

The exhibitions have truly touched me deeply. Setting up exhibitions in large spaces required much effort and consideration from our Tzu Chi volunteers. They even had to climb to high places. I'm relieved that they're all safe and well. They've cleaned the exhibition venues thoroughly, showing that they highly value cleanliness. When they clean, they always do so meticulously, attending even to the corners people may not notice.

This effort involved many volunteers, driven not by profit or wages or for anything in return, but by a desire to broaden horizons and inspire all to see the beauty of the oceans and protect them. Our exhibitions are aimed at benefiting humanity and inspiring goodness in all.

Every visitor to our exhibitions will be inspired to protect the oceans and stop polluting them. I have faith that this is the goal of our volunteers. Have the more than 100,000 visitors awakened to this cause? Have they created value by realizing the importance of protecting the oceans?

We don't know that as we didn't conduct a survey. In all, I'm very grateful to our volunteers for giving with love, responding to a call that serves society. We seize every opportunity to inspire others and purify hearts and minds. Thank you all for giving with love.

Our environmental protection exhibition at the NMMST is taking place. For that, I'm very grateful. Lately, I've been reminding all Tzu Chi members to contemplate on the value we've created in life. Living in this world, are we polluting the Earth or purifying it? Are we inspiring others or harming them?

We should reflect on ourselves. I have faith that this exhibition can purify people's hearts and minds. We've seen Taiwan's beautify seas and the collective effort to keep their cleanliness. Please organize more events that benefit humanity. This is a good thing to do. I'm grateful to our volunteers, Tzu Cheng members and Tzu Chi commissioners for your mindful efforts. Our young volunteers, please inspire more to join us in the mission to purify hearts and minds.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: