Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20240223虔誠感恩善綿延Witnessing All-Embracing Love in the Philippines

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20240223虔誠感恩善綿延Witnessing All-Embracing Love in the Philippines Empty
發表主題: 20240223虔誠感恩善綿延Witnessing All-Embracing Love in the Philippines   20240223虔誠感恩善綿延Witnessing All-Embracing Love in the Philippines Empty周日 3月 17, 2024 4:08 am

Brother William Belo is a prominent entrepreneur in the Philippines, owning the largest construction supplies company. He has been giving us great support for years. And Brother Reynaldo Go, who runs a confectionery business, makes a large donation every year without asking for anything in return.

Grandmaster, I love you. I’m six years old. I’m here with my grandma, mom, and younger sister.

Grandmaster, I love you. My name is Wang Xin-tong. I’m four years old. May you enjoy good health.

Seeing your determination and sincerity, I’m very happy. With our deep affinities, I’ve seen many of you here today. As Tzu Chi’s value bring us spiritual joy, we’re wholeheartedly dedicated to its work. It takes many to do good. When many people work with one heart, great strength can be formed.

With that, we can bring aid to many places. Wherever a disaster occurs, we can reach out to provide timely aid. I remember that 11 years ago, in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan, we carried out many admirable and valuable missions, thus creating a chapter in history.

Serving wholeheartedly with love, Tzu Chi volunteers from different countries flew to the Philippines. With many islands in the Philippines, volunteers also arrived by boat. This is like how Bodhisattvas descended from the heavens or emerged from the earth, as described in the Lotus Sutra.

Tzu Chi volunteers used their wisdom to help those affected. This is how they cultivated both blessings and wisdom there.

In the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan, Brother Jimmy Lim and his wife had his heavy machinery delivered to Tacloban to help with the cleaning work. Back then, our relief supplies were in Cebu. He also used his ships to send the supplies to Tacloban and Ormoc.

I remember how when Tacloban was called a “ghost town” for being devastated, I felt deeply for those affected and insisted that we help all of them stand on their own feet. To help them resume their businesses, it was crucial to quickly restore the environment.

So, we launched a cash-for work program, inviting those affected to clean up their communities. After the debris was cleaned up, people could resume their business.

This is how we helped them after Typhoon Haiyan, a history of how Tzu Chi relieved suffering in the Philippines. Who are living bodhisattvas? Those with enlightened love. We should awaken and support one another for prosperity. We should work together for a better life.

When a disaster occurs, we should reach out to help. Only then can there be peace in society and the disaster areas be quickly restored so those affected can return to their jobs and lead peaceful, stable lives.

Your life speaks volumes of a life of compassion. As a Catholic priest and Jesuit educator, I resonate with your unwavering belief in compassion and love that is at the soul of a meaningful life. And by your life and by Tzu Chi’s great work, you have shown us that truly no one lives for himself or herself alone, we live as a responsible people for one another.

I hope we can give one another more support while serving as living bodhisattvas. Sometimes, I see how there are many in need in the Philippines. I hope that those of use with more means can bring aid to more people.

Such efforts are sowing blessings. Please seize every opportunity to sow blessings. I often say that despite being givers, we should express our gratitude to those we help. Their hardships offer us the opportunity to relieve their suffering, and for this chance, we should bow to them and thank them.

When Tzu Chi volunteers give out relief aid, they bow even lower than the recipients. I often tell our volunteers that their prosperity and ability to give are the results of their past good deeds, which now enables them to help those in need. Through giving, they relieve others’ suffering.

I consider myself very blessed, for whenever I aim to initiate an international relief effort, many come together with love and support to carry it out without hindrance.

Love knows no religious boundaries. When people of different religions unite for a common cause, Great Love is practiced. We must all love others with a pious and sincere heart. With many people suffering around the world, Christ, God, and Allah also hope that their followers can work diligently with love to relieve suffering.

The Buddha himself could not bear to see people suffer. So, we must mobilize to help those in need. Only when we work together can we form a great strength. I’m truly grateful to everyone who gives. To the wealthy, your generosity considerably lightens our collective burden. To the less fortunate, your sincere contribution, no matter low small, is deeply appreciated.

Our honorary board members and volunteers, I hope you can often visit the Abode in Hualien, which is our home where we nurture our wisdom-life as one family.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: