Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20240310願力堅固入人群Take on the Medical Profession with a Sense of Mission

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20240310願力堅固入人群Take on the Medical Profession with a Sense of Mission Empty
發表主題: 20240310願力堅固入人群Take on the Medical Profession with a Sense of Mission   20240310願力堅固入人群Take on the Medical Profession with a Sense of Mission Empty周日 3月 17, 2024 6:07 am

I started my job last September. I don’t know if this is a common feeling for all, that working at Tzu Chi, you feel moved yet you don’t quite understand why. After hearing, the lectures for the whole day today, I sensed that I could understand more why I had felt moved.

Listening to the superintendents, VP Lin, and everyone else who were talking about Tzu Chi’s difficult beginnings, Tzu Chi’s four missions and eight footprints, as well as Tzu Chi’s spirit and values, Master’s visions, and her wishes for us, I think it’s going to take me my whole life to understand this, and it’s a worthy thing to do that.

So, I wish to be more efficient and use my time more wisely as to have more time to work on myself and cultivate my field of blessings. All of you are doctors here. All of you have a mission, and you have love in your heart. With this love, you’ll aspire big. It is Great Love.

All of you are willing to come to Hualien and serve; in the past, Hualien was rather underdeveloped. Tzu Chi established schools as well as a hospital here, which help foster the power of love in Hualien. There were also those who returned from abroad; and they truly wanted to help, so, with their wisdom, they would give us many pointers.

In Hualien, there is this power of love that comes from all of us together. Seeing all of you sitting here, having finished your education, you are now embarking on your mission. Others would call it a career, but I call it a mission. What you have is not a career but a mission.

A career is having a job, and fulfilling your duty at your job, that’s a career. What’s a mission? At Tzu Chi, we talk about having a mission. You have aspired and vowed as you chose to be a doctor. Being a doctor, you must have made certain of this decision. That, within your life, you have held on tightly to live a life of a doctor.

Hence, you had studied very hard. Your goal was to be a doctor, and your mission was to be a doctor. Having the mission of being a doctor, you are to stay with this mission and serve on the path. Safeguard this mission well, and truly, with your life, you can make this path of being a doctor so much wider and wider.

This path is a path to save people’s life, safeguard people’s life, and their health. It is to work mindfully on your patients so they can recover from illness, stand on their own, and be of good health once again. It is to see them utilize their life in the world and serve the society. This is the circle of life.

For the public and society, you safeguard people’s health. We can hope that, with a healthy body, they can go among people and serve others. With a world like this, there will truly be hope. We often talk about truth, kindness, and beauty of life. To live life with sincerity is really the hope of humanity.

In our hospitals, our doctors harbor kindness. This is the spirit of charity. Every day, doctors can save people. Every day, they can alleviate the pain and suffering of patients’ body and mind. When patients see doctors, they’ll feel like they are in good hands.

All doctors need to do is approach patients with kindness and compassion, patients wil feel more at ease.

People often say that it’s the patient’s blessing if they can encounter a good doctor. The love from doctors creates a kind of energy. This energy is called blessing. The blessings from doctors can ease patients’ worries. When patients get close to doctors, they can sense righteous energy from doctors because doctors have a righteous mind.  

What they think about is giving love and alleviate patients’ suffering. This is a kind of energy, and this energy is blessings. When patients get close to a doctor, he’ll certain that he’s in good hands. He’ll be certain that the pain will leave his body and he will feel relieved both in body and mind. This is the purpose for patients seeing a doctor.

So, when they have pain and illnesses, they will see a doctor, and doctors will bring comfort to patients’ heart and mind. For doctors, they are to treat patients’ illnesses as well as care for their heart and mind. The most important thing is caring for patients’ heart and mind.

We have a very good hospital that not only treats patients but gives us a direction of kindness and love. If doctors only know knowledge but so not understand their mission. Doctors ought to have a sense of mission. That’s how they can truly safeguard people’s life and health with love and uphold the mission of medicine.

So, I truly hope that, in Hualien, we provide a comprehensive education.

I’ve worked here for almost 30 years; my hair is now gray. It used to be black. My kids went to Da Ai kindergarten, to Tzu Chi’s elementary, middle, and high school; I now got a kid who’s starting college. So, I simply put, I want to help you feel like you don’t waste a day being here. How so? You’ll discover that Tzu Chi is a fantastic platform to do good deeds.

Perhaps today, you’re a winner in life. Perhaps your job will give you a wonderful life. If you can exert a bit of your ability to influence others and do things to benefit others, you yourself will actually benefit from that. You can see if I’m right about this.
On the other hand, many people feel like this is not a big city; there are some inconveniences, and you want to go elsewhere. Actually, it really isn’t so far away. The truly farthest place is your heart. As long as your heart wants to be somewhere, that place will be a place that is nearby.

Our medical personnel are to settle down here and set a goal to solidify our hospital and education. We are to nurture talents here and make them shine. We can make our hospital and education shine. We can do this if we’re determined.

I’ve come to Hualien and have established Tzu Chi for nearly 60 years. I’ve been here for my whole life and established Tzu Chi’s four missions here. Our charity mission is now carrying out work around the world and contributing stability to the world. This is having blessings.

I’m grateful to everyone for aspiring to contribute to Tzu Chi. I’m grateful to our hospital. Under the guidance of our superintendent, our hospital made it on to the list of the world’s best hospitals. Every department, as long as we’re determined and with a right direction, will be successful and be of value in this world.

I’m grateful to our superintendent, department heads, and assistant superintends. Everyone is truly mindful in providing both medical care and education in Hualien. You are truly mindful in giving of your power of love. I’m very happy and touched.

In this life, I’m quite comforted to see that, you all share a common goal and the same direction and aspire to care for patients. This is called the strength of our vow.  
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: