Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20110407 --- Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind (佛國淨土永不毀)

向下 
發表人內容
如意
版主
版主
如意

文章總數 : 712
來自 : 嘉義
威望 : 253
注冊日期 : 2009-04-17

20110407 --- Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind (佛國淨土永不毀) Empty
發表主題: 20110407 --- Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind (佛國淨土永不毀)   20110407 --- Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind (佛國淨土永不毀) Empty周五 4月 29, 2011 12:45 am

Date: April 7th, 2011 (Thursday)
Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind

In November last year, the northern state of Perlis in Malaysia was hit by massive floods. On March 28 this year, Perlis was again hit by floods after several days of continuous heavy rains. Tzu Chi volunteers there immediately mobilized to bring drinking water and bread to those affected. Then, after nearly a week when the floodwater began to recede, they went door to door to bring supplies to people.

In fact, before Perlis was hit by floods, our volunteers in Malaysia were soliciting donations for the disaster survivors in Japan after they were devastated by an earthquake and a tsunami on March 11. But, when flooding began in Perlis on March 29, they immediately started to prepare food and supplies to bring to those affected by floods.

This is the way of living bodhisattvas—Be it other countries or their own country, wherever disasters strike, they will mobilize to help right away. Indonesia is also the same. In the mountainous area of West Java, prolonged heavy rains have caused severe flooding in Ciamis regency. With roads and bridges being damaged, entering the disaster area was not easy. Fortunately, the military in Ciamis guided our volunteers to the disaster area. After surveying the disaster situation, we were able to provide aid to over 500 families.

Before this disaster struck, our volunteers in Indonesia were also fundraising for Japan. And, while they were raising funds for Japan, they also promoted the need to repent and adopt a vegetarian diet.

We also saw a touching report on Da Ai News—This city of Padang in Indonesia was severely devastated by an earthquake in 2009. At the time, Tzu Chi volunteers quickly mobilized to bring emergency aid as well as mid-and long-term care and support to the quake survivors, including rebuilding a school for them.

The mayor of Padang even came to Taiwan to visit Tzu Chi that year. Deeply moved by what he heart and saw, he vowed to inspire the people in Padang to become Tzu Chi’s donating members. He truly did that when he returned. For our fundraising efforts for Japan this time, he also went with Tzu Chi volunteers to collect donations from people.

“The people, students, and teachers in Padang can best understand what it feels like to be helped when disasters strike. We were very moved. That’s why we’re able to put ourselves in the shoes of the disaster survivors in Japan. We know what they’re going through now.”

All this is possible because of the path Tzu Chi volunteers had paved and the love they had given to the locals in the past. Indeed, the Buddha tells us that life is impermanent and the land is fragile. As living bodhisattvas, we should help one another, because relieving suffering is the mission of bodhisattvas. Seeing the state of the world and so many major disasters everywhere, we must know that all this is the Buddha speaking the Dharma to us. This is how to Buddha is always present to guide us.

In fact, the Dharma will remain true forever. Every teaching the Buddha expounded over 2,000 years ago is a principle that holds true forever. So, we must believe in it.

In the Lotus Sutra, the Buddha said that because people’s minds are filled with impurities, they see the Pure Land being ravaged by fire. But the Pure Land will never be destroyed. Even if the mundane world enters into as era of degenerate Dharma or era of decay and the Earth becomes damaged, the Buddha’s Pure Land will never be destroyed. What this means is that the Buddha’s inner spiritual state is without beginning or end and is formless. Without the notion of form, there’ll be no destruction. This is now still and clear the Buddha’s mind is.

So, as we work to relieve suffering in this world filled with defilements, our minds must not be tainted. The Pure Land that the Buddha speaks of is present in every one of our minds. So long as we can eliminate our greed, anger, ignorance, arrogance, and doubt, we will be able to rediscover the Pure Land that is within our minds. It will never be destroyed and will always remain pure and clean.

Every day, we see and hear reports on the nuclear disaster in Japan and how the radiation dust has drifted to other countries and how people and land could be affected, making everyone very worried and concerned. At a time like this, we must believe that the Pure Land in our minds will never be destroyed and we can dwell in peace as long as we settle our minds down. There is no need to panic.

All we have to do is to remain vigilant and sincerely pious and awaken to the lessons that disasters bring us. All in all, we must constantly take in the Buddha’s teachings to purify our hearts and minds. The Pure Lane in our in our minds will never be destroyed.

In the Lotus Sutra, the Buddha also says: ”I am always here to expound the Dharma.” The endless void is like the Buddha’s mouth and the vast land is like the Buddha’s tongue. I’m sure everyone can understand. For everyone, everything, and all matter we come across in all time and space, be it a flowing river or a gentle breeze, it is the Buddha speaking Dharma to us.

Every morning, when I bow to the Buddha, I hear the sound of water flowing from the Buddha statue on my desk. The sound of flowing water brings me a sense of utter clarity and tranquility and it feels like the Buddha is speaking the Dharma to me. So, be it water flowing or wind blowing, the Dharma is everywhere to be found.

When we hear water running, we’ll be reminded of life. Doesn’t our life continually slip away with the passing of time just like the running water that keeps flowing by with no return? And as each day passes, our lift diminishes. Like a fish in a shrinking pond, what joy is there in this? So, every day when I bow to the Buddha, I tell myself that I must be more diligent as my time is ticking away second by second just like the water that keeps flowing by. So l must work harder to learn and practice the Buddha’s teachings without letting any second pass by emptily. That’s why I truly feel that the Dharma is everywhere. In every inch of the land and every space in the universe, there is Dharma to be found.

As I often share with everyone, when major disasters occur, we must wake up to the lessons they bring us. The Buddha has awakened to all truths in the universe. In everything, there are truths to be learned and everything reveals Dharma to us. As long as we awaken to truths, we’ll be able to see everything with the Buddha’s heart.

So, we must give rise to a heart that is as calm and peaceful as the Buddha’s. Then, no matter what happens, we’ll be able to act accordingly with our minds dwelling in peace. Such a state of mind is a Pure Land of peace and tranquility.

(Source: Da Ai TV 人間菩提)
回頂端 向下
如意
版主
版主
如意

文章總數 : 712
來自 : 嘉義
威望 : 253
注冊日期 : 2009-04-17

20110407 --- Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind (佛國淨土永不毀) Empty
發表主題: 回復: 20110407 --- Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind (佛國淨土永不毀)   20110407 --- Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind (佛國淨土永不毀) Empty周五 4月 29, 2011 12:45 am

Date: April 7th, 2011 (Thursday)
Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan 證嚴上人開示
Subject: Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind 佛國淨土永不毀

馬來西亞玻璃市州,半年前,才發生過了空前的大水災,但是在今年的,三月二十八日那一天,又是下著豪大雨,成災了。玻璃市的慈濟人,馬上動員,即刻去送水、送麵包,到第四、五天,水開始慢慢地退了,慈濟人就開始勘災了。
In November last year, the northern state of Perlis in Malaysia was hit by massive floods. On March 28 this year, Perlis was again hit by floods after several days of continuous heavy rains. Tzu Chi volunteers there immediately mobilized to bring drinking water and bread to those affected. Then, after nearly a week when the floodwater began to recede, they went door to door to bring supplies to people.

其實在玻璃市發生災情之前,因為日本三月十一日的強震,馬來西亞也是很快地啟動,大家都是在為日本勸募。在這當中,二十八日開始下大雨,他們馬上轉過來,為自己的國家,自己的同胞,開始發放。
In fact, before Perlis was hit by floods, our volunteers in Malaysia were soliciting donations for the disaster survivors in Japan after they were devastated by an earthquake and a tsunami on March 11. But, when flooding began in Perlis on March 29, they immediately started to prepare food and supplies to bring to those affected by floods.

所以菩薩不分他分國度,也是不分自己的僑居地,哪裡有災難,即時就可以動員起來。印尼也一樣,在西爪哇的山區裡,已經久來山土都是鬆動了,一有了水災就土石流,好嚴重,路斷了,橋斷了,要勘災不簡單!好在當地軍區的司令部,陪伴著去勘災,所以能順利完成勘災,幫助到了五百多戶。
This is the way of living bodhisattvas—Be it other countries or their own country, wherever disasters strike, they will mobilize to help right away. Indonesia is also the same. In the mountainous area of West Java, prolonged heavy rains have caused severe flooding in Ciamis regency. With roads and bridges being damaged, entering the disaster area was not easy. Fortunately, the military in Ciamis guided our volunteers to the disaster area. After surveying the disaster situation, we were able to provide aid to over 500 families.

同樣他們在這之前,他們也是在為日本勸募,所以一邊在勸募的時候,他們也在宣導懺悔、齋戒。
Before this disaster struck, our volunteers in Indonesia were also fundraising for Japan. And, while they were raising funds for Japan, they also promoted the need to repent and adopt a vegetarian diet.

有一則新聞也令人感動,也是曾經有過災難,也是大地震,慈濟人也是即時救急救災,中期安頓,長期建設;同時也幫助他們蓋了學校。
We also saw a touching report on Da Ai News—This city of Padang in Indonesia was severely devastated by an earthquake in 2009. At the time, Tzu Chi volunteers quickly mobilized to bring emergency aid as well as mid-and long-term care and support to the quake survivors, including rebuilding a school for them.

巴東市市長,他也來過臺灣,所以他也發心立願,他要在巴東市弘揚慈濟。回去真的有做,這一次為日本在勸募的時候,他也是跟著慈濟人,一起捧著愛心箱去勸募。
The mayor of Padang even came to Taiwan to visit Tzu Chi that year. Deeply moved by what he heart and saw, he vowed to inspire the people in Padang to become Tzu Chi’s donating members. He truly did that when he returned. For our fundraising efforts for Japan this time, he also went with Tzu Chi volunteers to collect donations from people.

巴東市市長 法烏茲 巴哈爾:「我們巴東市的居民學生和老師,最能體會災難發生時,接受幫助的感動心情,所以我們也能夠體會,日本災民接受援助的心情,就像當初的我們。」
“The people, students, and teachers in Padang can best understand what it feels like to be helped when disasters strike. We were very moved. That’s why we’re able to put ourselves in the shoes of the disaster survivors in Japan. We know what they’re going through now.”

這都是慈濟曾經有鋪過路,有這樣的愛的付出,所以佛陀對我們說,人生無常,國土危脆,需要菩薩互相地付出。所以,菩薩所緣,緣苦眾生,我們看到了這樣的國界,我們看到那樣無常的大災難,不也都是佛陀在向著我們說法嗎?這就是宇宙覺者常住說法。
All this is possible because of the path Tzu Chi volunteers had paved and the love they had given to the locals in the past. Indeed, the Buddha tells us that life is impermanent and the land is fragile. As living bodhisattvas, we should help one another, because relieving suffering is the mission of bodhisattvas. Seeing the state of the world and so many major disasters everywhere, we must know that all this is the Buddha speaking the Dharma to us. This is how to Buddha is always present to guide us.

其實,佛法就是那樣的永恆,二千多年前,佛陀所說的法,任何一個時空,任何一個境界,都是永恆的真理,我們要相信。
In fact, the Dharma will remain true forever. Every teaching the Buddha expounded over 2,000 years ago is a principle that holds true forever. So, we must believe in it.

所以《法華經》裡面,佛陀說,儘管眾生界很污濁,但是,我淨土不毀,淨土不會毀掉,儘管這個娑婆世界,到了末法,或者是壞劫,大地被傷害了,但是佛陀的淨土,永遠不毀,表達的就是,佛的心靈境界,就是那樣的無始、無終、無色,無色就不會有破壞,就是那樣的靜寂清澄。
In the Lotus Sutra, the Buddha said that because people’s minds are filled with impurities, they see the Pure Land being ravaged by fire. But the Pure Land will never be destroyed. Even if the mundane world enters into as era of degenerate Dharma or era of decay and the Earth becomes damaged, the Buddha’s Pure Land will never be destroyed. What this means is that the Buddha’s inner spiritual state is without beginning or end and is formless. Without the notion of form, there’ll be no destruction. This is now still and clear the Buddha’s mind is.

這都是要菩薩們,在這樣苦難惡濁的世界裡,心不要被染著,因為佛陀所說的,我淨土,是你我都有這一片的淨土,只要我們把貪、瞋、癡、傲慢、懷疑,都把它去除掉,我們就回歸到,你、我本具有的這一片淨土,不會被毀掉的,永遠都是清淨的。
So, as we work to relieve suffering in this world filled with defilements, our minds must not be tainted. The Pure Land that the Buddha speaks of is present in every one of our minds. So long as we can eliminate our greed, anger, ignorance, arrogance, and doubt, we will be able to rediscover the Pure Land that is within our minds. It will never be destroyed and will always remain pure and clean.

所以我們每天都在聽啊聽啊,日本的輻射塵,它會影響到空中,會影響到大地,輻射會對人又怎麼樣,聽得大家都是很惶恐,可是我們現在就要提出了,我淨土不毀,我此土安穩,只要我們人人,心安穩下來,不必惶恐。
Every day, we see and hear reports on the nuclear disaster in Japan and how the radiation dust has drifted to other countries and how people and land could be affected, making everyone very worried and concerned. At a time like this, we must believe that the Pure Land in our minds will never be destroyed and we can dwell in peace as long as we settle our minds down. There is no need to panic.

真的,我們都是要戒慎虔誠就對了,警世的覺悟,提升起來就對了,總而言之,我們常常要把佛陀的法,接受在心裡,淨化自己的心,這一片淨土是永恆的。
All we have to do is to remain vigilant and sincerely pious and awaken to the lessons that disasters bring us. All in all, we must constantly take in the Buddha’s teachings to purify our hearts and minds. The Pure Lane in our in our minds will never be destroyed.

所以《法華經》裡面,佛陀也常這麼說「我常住此說法,虛空為口,大地為舌」,這種的比喻,應該我們能了解--我們所面對的每一個人、事、物,不管時空,時間有多長,或者是空間在哪裡,水流或者是風動,無不都是佛陀在說法的時候。
In the Lotus Sutra, the Buddha also says: ”I am always here to expound the Dharma.” The endless void is like the Buddha’s mouth and the vast land is like the Buddha’s tongue. I’m sure everyone can understand. For everyone, everything, and all matter we come across in all time and space, be it a flowing river or a gentle breeze, it is the Buddha speaking Dharma to us.

我每天早晨禮佛的時候,我的桌子上有一個,大地之母朔像,有水的聲音,那水流的聲音,就如在靜寂清澄的境界,就如在佛陀的說法。所以,不管是水流、風動,無不都是佛說法的音聲。
Every morning, when I bow to the Buddha, I hear the sound of water flowing from the Buddha statue on my desk. The sound of flowing water brings me a sense of utter clarity and tranquility and it feels like the Buddha is speaking the Dharma to me. So, be it water flowing or wind blowing, the Dharma is everywhere to be found.

因為你聽到水聲,就知道人生不就是,如這樣的水流嗎?因為水不斷地滴,我的時間分秒,也跟著水流的滴,滴過去;點點滴滴,不都是「是日已過,命亦隨減,如 少水魚,斯有何樂」?我就會在禮佛的時候想著,我要精進,真的我的生命,隨著這樣的水流的,滴滴的聲音,消逝過去了,佛陀的法,我應該把握、精進,不要讓 它空空地溜過去。所以我會感覺到,大地無不都是佛法,寸寸土地,所以盡虛空、遍法界,無不都是佛要說法的。
When we hear water running, we’ll be reminded of life. Doesn’t our life continually slip away with the passing of time just like the running water that keeps flowing by with no return? And as each day passes, our lift diminishes. Like a fish in a shrinking pond, what joy is there in this? So, every day when I bow to the Buddha, I tell myself that I must be more diligent as my time is ticking away second by second just like the water that keeps flowing by. So l must work harder to learn and practice the Buddha’s teachings without letting any second pass by emptily. That’s why I truly feel that the Dharma is everywhere. In every inch of the land and every space in the universe, there is Dharma to be found.

所以我會常常跟大家說:「驚世的災難,我們要有警世的覺悟!」佛陀的覺悟是宇宙之間,萬事物,無不都是道理,無不都是法;只要我們覺悟了之後,沒有境界不是佛心。
As I often share with everyone, when major disasters occur, we must wake up to the lessons they bring us. The Buddha has awakened to all truths in the universe. In everything, there are truths to be learned and everything reveals Dharma to us. As long as we awaken to truths, we’ll be able to see everything with the Buddha’s heart.

所以我們要與佛陀,同等的安然自在,不管什麼樣的境界,我們都可以應景而行動,不動到自己的心,那就是一片安穩淨土。
So, we must give rise to a heart that is as calm and peaceful as the Buddha’s. Then, no matter what happens, we’ll be able to act accordingly with our minds dwelling in peace. Such a state of mind is a Pure Land of peace and tranquility.

(Source: Da Ai TV 人間菩提)
回頂端 向下

20110407 --- Finding the Pure Land in Our Mind (佛國淨土永不毀)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: