Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110504《法譬如水》無量功德智慧生

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110504《法譬如水》無量功德智慧生  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110504《法譬如水》無量功德智慧生    靜思晨語--20110504《法譬如水》無量功德智慧生  Empty周三 五月 04, 2011 3:52 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110504《法譬如水》無量功德智慧生    靜思晨語--20110504《法譬如水》無量功德智慧生  Empty周三 五月 04, 2011 4:10 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
我們昨天已經說到六波羅蜜。眾生在六道中,真的是苦不堪言。有的人說生在天堂很幸福,但是福盡一樣要再墮落,也同樣不是「常」,還是無常,壽命再長總是有結束的時候,所以天並不真是永恆的。
人間就不必說了,人壽百歲是古來稀,一百歲實在是很少,何況還有很多無常。所以說來人間六道,尤其是修羅道。修羅是遍布五道,無論是天,天也有天的修羅,在享福,他們還是有很多的不滿足,還有久了以後所累積的習氣。所以有很多,都是動不動就發脾氣,瞋恨心,同樣還是有。這種雖然在天道,還是墮落的機會多。
何況是人間,互相爭鬥,彼此瞋恨、明爭暗鬥,這是人間的修羅,愈是富有、地位愈高、名聲愈大,這種修羅的習性發作時,實在是擾亂社會。所以說在人天也一樣很苦,也一樣很危險,這種習氣一起,福盡惡墮。平時因為瞋恨心,開口動舌所造累積的業,惡業很多。所以他的福如果盡了,惡報現前,他就墮落三惡道,餓鬼、地獄、畜生,苦不堪言。
有的人會說:「畜生看得到。餓鬼在哪裡?地獄又是什麼樣樣子?」
其實人間,就已經遍滿了很多餓鬼道。放眼天下,看到貧窮的國家,尚未開發、很原始的地方;或是在文明國家,相爭戰鬥的地方。你去看多才人受到人禍災難,變成到處都是餓殍,沒得吃的人很多。所以如果要看餓鬼道,人間有很多地方。
又如盧安達,我們再回想,真的是不堪回首,再去想想當時他們的形態,還有從來都沒開發過的地方,還是很原始的生活,他們全身裸體。冬天時會冷,他們保護身體的溫暖,就是用一樣動物的油,就把油拿來塗在身上,再把沙鋪在身上。用動物油為底,以沙為面,整個身體都是油與沙,這樣來禦寒。
你看,他是在人生道,或是在畜生道?他是在人間還是在餓鬼呢?看到他們這樣的生活,若以我們的境界來看他們,三惡道就是聚集在那個地方。
尤其是我們在衣索比亞,也有去一個地方,本來我們要去幫助,但是那個地方很原始,除了剛才說過的那種裸體以外,還有饑荒就是乾旱,他們吃人,不只吃動物,他們還會吃人。人與人之間,一有了仇恨,他就殺,甚至吃,這和地獄也差不了多少。人與人之間瞋恨的對立,互相殘殺、互相吞食,這不就是人間的三惡道嗎?
生在那裡的人,是他們自己選擇要去的嗎?不是。他門生在那個地方,是由不得自己去的。各位,由不得自己,是什麼東西讓我們由不得自己呢?業!這個業的種子,過去生中無量無數惡的累積,多惡少善,多數都是惡的沒有善。我們前面也說過了。
何況我們在平時,惡多善少,或是善多惡少,同樣都是一顆一顆的種子。惡的如果累積較多,業的力量就較大,就隨著業的力量而去,由不得自己。
人之所為
無一不是業從心生
無一不是業由身做
種惡因 結惡業 得惡報
種善因 結善業 得善報
隨業而來 隨業而去
半點不由人

所以說來,我們學佛要常常保持這念心,佛陀要啟發我們的道心,這念道心不只是朝向著人天道,不只是懼怕三惡道,不只是這樣。其實連人、天我們也要懼怕。因為享受容易墮落,做人很無常,所以我們才要真正啟發菩提心,我們的覺性。
菩提就是覺,就是清淨的本性要啟發出來,所以我們要行六波羅蜜。很多都是累積來的,有了這個因緣,我們要好好啟發這念道心。
當然六波羅蜜就是六種工具,讓我們能度過煩惱的波浪。
我們眾生平時煩惱好像大河或是像海浪,煩惱一起遮天蔽地,實在是讓我們迷失一切。所以我們應該要運用工具,才能度過這種煩惱的風浪。人人心中若是不調和,自己的內心如果沒有調好,其實心地的煩惱發作起來,真的會遮天蔽地,很危險。所以以六波羅蜜這個工具,來讓我們度過。
六波羅蜜是菩薩
自度度他、自利利他
自覺覺他的修行法
波羅蜜是梵語
譯為到彼岸
若修六波羅蜜行
必能從生死的此岸
度過煩惱的中流
走到究竟涅槃的彼岸

六度,昨天說過布施。布施再來就是持戒。大家都知道,戒就是止惡,止惡防非。我們有什麼惡念時,一來到我們面前的境界,我們的內心要發作時,我們內心要趕緊警覺,能馬上止息。或是已經來不及了,犯了錯了,我們就能及時懺悔。
持戒就是止惡防非
惡的境界現前
能有所警覺
犯錯能即時懺悔

佛經中也有這樣一段經文:
也就是在無數劫前,有一位梵志,也就是外道修行者,當時還沒有佛法,不過,有一個外道的修行團體。這位梵志,他們平時的修行,也有戒律,守戒也是很嚴格,就是很清淨的一個修行者。
有一天他外出,從白天一直走到天黑,整天的時間都沒有喝水,因為無水可喝。天黑了,到了一個村莊的地方,大家都已經夜深人靜了,但是他看到有一口池子,這口池子有水。他突然間覺得我現在最需要的就是水,趕緊掬水來喝。
喝下去後,忽然間他想到:「這口池子有主人,我沒有先詢問過,我就喝了,我犯戒了。要怎麼辦呢?」到底主人在哪裡?不知道。所以後來他去向國王自首,請國王治他的罪。
國王覺得很好笑:「為什麼只是喝個水哪有什麼罪呢?你沒罪!」
但是這位修行者他就說:「有,我的心有罪,我的良知過不去。國王,你一定要治我的罪。」國王覺得真的是不可思議,到底要怎麼治呢?之間國王也很煩,就說:「好了好了,我現在很忙。」就叫太子:「來,你陪這位修行者去花園等一下,等我忙完了我再來。」
結果太子就把他帶到花園的涼亭邊,在那裡跟他說:「不然你在這裡等!」太子也離開了。
國王很忙,到了第六天時,突然間國王想到了:「那位梵志,那位修行者,後來怎麼回去的呢?」國王趕緊叫人去看。這位修行者在那裡六天,他等不到人,沒吃、沒喝,所以這六天的時間已經脫水,人已經整個消瘦乾枯了,但還是活著。
「你為什麼還在這裡?」
就說:「因為國王你叫太子帶我來這裡,我就要守規矩,我就是在這裡等。」國王看了很不忍心,這位修行人怎麼會這樣?
國王就說:「這樣已經處罰你了,你心理的罪惡感已經可以打開了。」趕快要他的夫人,準備比較有營養的東西給他吃。
這位夫人,國王的夫人看到這位修行人,覺得很好笑,真的是不以為然,怎麼只是喝個水而已,就來這裡五、六天呢?所以微微一笑,不以為然。故事到這裡結束。
佛陀說:「你們知道嗎?,無心的過失,那個國王就是我釋迦牟尼佛。六年的苦行,一日一麻,六年的飢餓。那位太子把他帶到那裡,後來沒有理他,這位太子就是現在的羅睺羅,他在母胎懷胎六年才出生。那位王后夫人,一個輕視的一笑,就是現在的耶輸陀羅。耶輸陀羅只是起了一個輕慢,恥笑他,只是微微一笑這樣而已,她懷胎六年,受到國人,迦毗羅衛國的人議論紛紛:『怎麼會有人懷胎六年?是不是太子離開皇宮之後不守婦道。』所以令她受了六年的委屈。」
佛陀說:「我們的心就是要顧好,因緣果報,有時有意犯錯,當然有意就是罪,無意就是過,罪過,有意無意都是一樣的一顆種子,還是一樣要受報。
所以我們大家平時待人接物、起心動念,真的要時時自我警惕。所以持戒也要多用心,才能使我們的身心清淨。
持戒是修行學佛的根本
時時攝念在心
妄念易消、善念易生
心自然平靜祥和
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110504《法譬如水》無量功德智慧生    靜思晨語--20110504《法譬如水》無量功德智慧生  Empty周三 五月 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Birth of lnfinite Merits and Wisdom (無量功德智慧生)

Yesterday we began talking about the Six Paramitas. Sentient beings truly suffer in the Six Realms. Some will say that life in heaven is blessed. But after blessings are exhausted one will fall. Living in Heaven is not permanent, it is still impermanent. Even the longest lifespan still has an end. So life in Heaven is not really eternal, let alone life in the Human Realm.

It is rare for people to live to be 100. Very few people live that long. Moreover, the conditions are always changing. In the Six Realms the Asura Realm can be found within the other five realms. There are Asuras in Heaven. Though they enjoy blessings, they are still very discontent. Over time their bad habits become deeply-ingrained. So many of them easily lose their tempers and become angry and hateful.

Even though they are in Heaven, they are still like that, so they have many opportunities to fall. How much more so in the Human Real! People fight each other, are caught up in anger and hatred, and undermine others openly & covertly. They are Asuras in the Human Realm.

The wealthier a person is, the higher his status and the greater his fame, the greater the disturbance to society he causes when his Asura habits manifest.
Life can be miserable and dangerous in Heavenly & Human Realms, too. When bad habits arise and blessings are exhausted, we fall into the evil realms. Because of anger and hatred, with every word we speak, bad karma is created and accumulated.

Then, once our blessings are exhausted, evil retributions will manifest and we will fall into the Three Evil Realms of Hungry Ghost, Animal and Hell. The suffering will be unspeakable.

Some people will say, “We can see animals, but where are the hungry ghosts?
What does Hell look like?” In truth, this world is already filled with hungry ghosts. If we look around the world, we will see them in impoverished countries that are still undeveloped and unsophisticated, or in civilized countries torn by war and strife. Many people experience manmade disasters. So hunger and starvation can be seen everywhere. Many people have no food to eat.

So if we want to see the Hungry Ghost Realm, we can see it in many places, like Rwanda. Thinking back to Rwanda memories arise that are truly unbearable to recall. I remember the way they looked in those undeveloped places; people still led primitive lives. They were completely naked so they got cold during the winter. To keep their body warm, they covered themselves in animal oil and then placed a layer of sand over it. The animal oil was base for the sand on the surface. So their bodies were covered in oil and sand. This was how they stayed warm.

Are they living in the Human Realm or Animal Realm ? Are they part of the Human Realm or the Hungry Ghost Realm? Looking at the way they live from the perspective of our environment, we see all the Three Evil Realms there.

In Ethiopia there was also a place that we planned to help. But that place was very primitive. Apart from being nude like those I just mentioned, they were also suffering famine and drought. Not only did they eat animals they even ate humans. When hostility and hatred arose they readily killed people, and even ate them. This was not too different from Hell. People there saw each other as enemies. They maimed, killed and ate one another. Don’t we see the Three Evil Realms in this world?

Did those who were born there choose to be there? No. Their birthplace was not something they could control. Fellow practitioners, what things cause us to not have control? Karma. We accumulated these karmic seeds with countless evil deeds in our past lives. We might have done more evil than good, or mostly evil and no good. We have spoken about this earlier. In our everyday lives, whether we commit more evil deeds or more good deeds, each deed becomes a karmic seed. If we accumulate more evil, the power of bad karma will be greater. We will follow those karmic forces and have no control.

Everything we do is karma which arises from our minds and is created through our actions. Sow evil seeds, create bad karma, reap bad retributions. Sow good seeds, create good karma, reap good retributions. We come and go according to our karma. None of it is within our control.

Therefore, as we learn Buddhism, we must maintain this mindset. The Buddha wanted to inspire us to practice. Our aspiration must go beyond seeking Heavenly & Human Realms, beyond fearing the Three Evil Realms. It is not just this. In fact, we should also fear Heaven & Human Realms. Pleasures easily cause degeneration, and human life is very impermanent. Therefore, we must truly develop Bodhicitta, which is our enlightened nature.

Bodhi means enlightenment. It is about developing our pure, intrinsic nature. So we must practice the Six Paramitas. We accumulate these practices over time. With this karmic affinity, we must diligently develop this will to practice. The Six Paramitas are six kinds of tools that help us weather the turbulent waves of afflictions. Sentient beings afflictions are like a great river or like ocean waves. When they arise, they obscure everything and cause us to become lost. So we need to use tools to weather the turbulent waves caused by afflictions.

If our minds are not well-balanced and adjusted then when afflictions arise, afflictions will truly blot out everything. This is very dangerous. So the Six Paramitas are tools that allow us to cross (this sea of afflictions).

The Six Paramitas are practices Bodhisattvas use to transform, benefit, and enlighten themselves and others. Paramita is a Sanskrit word. It means going to the other shore. If we practice the Six Paramitas, we can cross from this shore of life and death, through the currents of affliction, to the other shore of Ultimate Nirvana.

Yesterday we spoke about giving the first of the Six Paramitas. After that comes precepts. We all know that precepts stop evil and guard against wrongs. Whenever conditions appear and engage us, and unwholesome thoughts are about to arise, deep down in our minds we must promptly become alert and immediately stop them. If it is too late and we have committed the wrong, we can instantly repent.

Upholding precepts is to stop evil and to guard against wrongs. When evil conditions manifest, be highly alert and aware. Thus, when we commit wrongs, we can instantly repent.

The sutra tells the following story. Innumerable Kalpas ago there was a Brahman practitioner, that is, a non-Buddhist practitioner. At that time, there was no Buddha-dharma. But there was a community practicing another path. The practice of these Brahmans also included precepts and regulations. This practitioner adhered strictly to the precepts, so he was very pure.

He went out one day and walked from the day until night without drinking water because there was no water to drink. When it became dark, he arrived at a village. It was late at night and the village was quiet. But he saw a pond with water in it. Immediately a thought arose, “What I really need now is water.” He quickly cupped some water and drank. After he drank, another thought quickly arose, “This pond must be owned by someone. I did not ask anyone for permission, I just drank it. I have violated a precept. What should I do?”

He did not know who the owner was, so he turned himself in to the king and asked the king to punish him for his crime. The king found it quite amusing, “There was no crime. You just drank some water. You are not guilty.” But this practitioner said, “In my mind, I know I am guilty. My conscience gives me no peace heart. Your Majesty, please punish me for my crime.” The king found this inconceivable. “How am I supposed to punish you? The king became bothered and said, “All right, all right. I am very busy now.” So he told the crown prince, “Please accompany this practitioner to the garden, I will go there after I finish my tasks.”

The prince brought him to the gazebo in the garden and then told him, “Why don’t you wait here?” With that the prince left. The king was very busy. Six days passed and the king suddenly wondered, “What happened to that Brahman? The king immediately asked someone to check. This practitioner had waited there for six days. No one came, so he did not eat or drink. At this point, he was very dehydrated and his body was very dry and emaciated. But he was still alive. The king saw him and asked, “Why are you still here?”

He replied, “You asked the crown prince to bring me here, so I must follow the rules and wait here.” The king found this unbearable. Why did practitioner act this way? The king then said, “This counts as the punishment. You do not need to feel guilty anymore.” Then he promptly asked his queen to prepare a nutritious meal for the Brahman. When the queen saw this practitioner, she found him ridiculous and took exception to his actions. Why did he wait for nearly six days, just because he drank some water? So she gave him a slight and patronizing smile.

At this point of the story, the Buddha said, “Do you know? The kind who made that unintentional mistake was I, Sakramuni Buddha. As a result, I ate one sesame seed a day in my six years of ascetic practices. I starved for six years. The prince who brought him there and then ignored him is now my son, Rahula. This is why he had to spend 6 years in the womb. That queen with the patronizing smile is now Yasodhara, (Rahula’s mother). Yasodhara was merely arrogant and mocking. But just because of that smile, her pregnancy lasted for six years. That engendered a lot of gossip in the kingdom of Kapilavastu. “How can a woman be pregnant for six years? Was it because she was unfaithful after the prince left the palace?” So for six years, she endured their ridicule.

The Buddha said, “We must take good care of our heart and remember karmic retributions.” If we commit wrongdoings purposefully, that is transgression. When we do so unwittingly, that is a mistake. A wrongdoing, be it intentional or unintentional, will be a karmic seed. We will eventually face karmic retributions. So in our daily interactions, let us always be vigilant of our thoughts. Let us be mindful in upholding precepts so we can be pure in body and mind.

Upholding precepts is the foundation of spiritual cultivation and learning Buddhism. Constantly be mindful so that delusional thoughts can be easily eliminated and good thoughts can easily arise. Then naturally our minds will be calm and peaceful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110504《法譬如水》無量功德智慧生
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: