Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110505《法譬如水》千經萬論在於啟發慈悲

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29098
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110505《法譬如水》千經萬論在於啟發慈悲 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110505《法譬如水》千經萬論在於啟發慈悲   靜思晨語--20110505《法譬如水》千經萬論在於啟發慈悲 Empty周四 五月 05, 2011 5:34 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110505《法譬如水》千經萬論在於啟發慈悲   靜思晨語--20110505《法譬如水》千經萬論在於啟發慈悲 Empty周四 五月 05, 2011 6:12 am

【證嚴上人開示】
六波羅蜜為:
布施、持戒、忍辱
精進、禪定、智慧
又名六度

我們前面已經說過,菩提心不離開六度。
六度前面說布施,布施就是我們學佛的第一個腳步,千經萬論,佛陀不是對我們說過,要啟發慈悲心嗎?所以生在人間,人人都要求福,我們能讓大家幸福,我們就快樂,這叫做「與樂」。
難免在人間有很多苦難,我們能發心,以同體大悲,別人的苦難就是我們的苦難,我們能即刻發心去幫助他們。像這樣就是大悲心。人生若能互相幫助,這個世間就幸福。
所以布施就是造福人群的第一步,說是造福人群,其實是為自己積功德。前面不是說過了,要以很長很久的時間,來累積一切的功德,才能消除無量無數的煩惱,這就是我們在凡夫地,如何能接近聖人的境域,就是要多造福。
本來好比一個天平一樣,這邊如果重一點,那邊就要趕快減輕。福如果比較多,惡就會減少一些。
總而言之,禍福都是我們要認清,如何做才能去除災禍,如何做能增加福業。所以佛陀的教法,我們聽了必定要好好受持,這叫做持戒。
我們生在這個境界實在是要很感恩!不然我們很容易被引誘,所以我們現在要有忍的力量。
持戒若沒有這分耐力、忍力,其實持戒也難。所以佛陀教我們要守住規戒,能忍得外面種種的欲念誘引,這個忍力如果不夠,真的是在人間有時就是自己喪心敗德,這就是缺乏忍的功夫。或是對於我們的修行來說,若缺少忍的功夫,也會損害慧命。
所以一個忍字,能夠成就我們的慧命。在人間若有這個忍字,就退一步海闊天空,這個忍字無論在家或是修行,都是非常重要。所以在六度,六種修行的方法中,忍字很重要。
忍辱是講忍耐
忍人之不能忍
心才會清淨
才有恆心毅力
行修行之路

看,佛陀修行的過程,三大阿僧祇劫,應該也能說是無央數劫。修行的過程當中,哪一個時候不需要忍呢?
佛陀曾經到過地獄,佛陀到地獄去也是在修行。尚未成佛之前,他就發心到地獄。看到一位老人拖著一輛被火燒紅的鐵車,他不忍心,趕緊上前去,要代替這位老人拖火車。獄卒看到了就去拉開他,就說:「這個老人是受罪,在人間很殘酷奸兇、無惡不作,所以墮入地獄來,罪有應得。所以現在他就要來拖這輛火車,火燒紅的車。這是他的業,他不拖業不盡。」
這位修行者他說:「他有業,我不忍心,我心疼、我不捨,我願意代替他受罪。」
旁邊有一些同時在受罪,也有同時在監罪執刑的鬼神,聽到他說了這句:「我甘願替他拖,甘願替他受罪。雖然他是罪有應得,不過,我甘願。」當時周圍拖車的,無論是年輕或年老,那些車子的火都熄滅了。那些鬼神、惡鬼在監督執刑,也無形中起了那分不忍之心。
所以一時之間,火車地獄暫停下來,火熄滅了,那個地方的刑罰也停下來了。這是在佛陀發心修行,過程中其中一段。
所以釋迦牟尼佛,他發願發心就是在這個六道中來來回回,娑婆世界就是佛陀的化土,他所教育的地方。這也是要用忍,用「忍」的力量來教化。
的確,這個忍字不是那麼容易修,人人都會避苦就福,大家要追求的都是幸福,誰願意去最苦難的地方?唯有菩薩,唯有諸佛!所以諸佛菩薩,就是在苦難的人間來來回回,所用的就是這個忍字,所以忍力為最強。
我們可知道世間,也有很多的人間菩薩。我們大家都認識在草屯有一位老菩薩(洪)玉哖,她一輩子的人生,也是這樣以忍的毅力度過的。
她說年輕時家庭貧困,先生做木工。每天沒有米可煮時,她就要煮稀飯。因為煮了早餐就要節省午餐。先生如果出門以前要吃飯時,看到飯鍋裡是稀飯,先生就會罵人:「你難道不知道,我要花很多力氣,為什麼又煮稀飯呢?」她不忍心讓先生知道,我早上如果不煮稀飯,中午就沒飯吃。不忍心,所以她就忍著讓他罵。
這樣的日子就是這樣過,每個孩子都是營養不良,很難養育。但是她發願:「無論怎麼辛苦,我都要讓孩子人人都有書讀;我要栽培我的孩子,人人將來都受最好的教育,能在社會上和人平起平坐。」她認為:假如沒有讀書,真的是沒有希望,要像他們的父親就要這樣做粗工,讓一個家庭這麼辛苦。所以她立了這樣的願。
後來先生很年輕就往生了。一個人要養那些孩子,突然間家裏少了一個人賺錢,所以她自己母兼父職,辛苦地操勞做工撫養孩子,栽培孩子唸書。
我們可以想像,在那時候的社會生活,能想像,先生生前就沒米下鍋了,何況先生不在了!她這些孩子是怎麼帶的?生活是怎麼活下來的?我們能想像當時她的苦。果然讓孩子讀書了,咬緊牙根就是栽培孩子。
孩子也很爭氣,到了開始讀大學,也會半工半讀,成就了,每一個孩子都成就了,其中有一位是醫師,也是很孝順,現在她應該能當「先生媽」,醫師的媽媽。她應該能享福了,尤其是孩子也當過院長。
但是她從來不曾想要享福,到孩子有成就時,她知道有慈濟了,開始加入慈濟當委員、收會款,很辛苦。尤其是我在呼籲環保。
她覺得,對啊!我們過去年輕時,只為了一個家庭在操勞,盼望孩子將來能成功,盼望子子孫孫以後能幸福,都沒有想到這個地球的資源。我們如果用完了,我們的子孫以後要生活就困難了。所以不要只是顧自己的子孫,要顧後代的子子孫孫。所以開始做環保了,以她的雙手到處去垃圾回收。
尤其是九二一,有二一她覺得學校倒了那麼多。師父說孩子的教育就是社會的希望。她自己當時很貧窮時,她就知道教育才有希望。我的每個孩子,就是因為人人,我很辛苦讓他們受教育,現在我的孩子才能每個都這麼有成就,這麼有希望。
所以,真的,所有的孩子,每個都要趕快讓他受教育。師父要蓋這些學校,看到師父這麼辛苦,所以她又多了一樣去種菜。有的人會問她,不認識她的人就說:「阿嬤!你兒子在做什麼?怎麼會讓你出來,天未亮就在賣菜,天亮了又撿垃圾?」
她就跟他說,她說:「我這是在撿福!」
年輕人聽不懂,她就開始花時間跟他說:「我兒子和媳婦都很孝順,我做這個是為社會做的。第一、我是為了要保護地球,所以我要做資源回收。我們大家的子子孫孫我們也要疼惜,要讓子孫有福,大地的資源你要保護好,這樣以後孩子才有福可享,才有物資可生活。我賣菜就是為了九二一,九二一,你看,學校倒了那麼多,教育就是希望。師父要蓋學校,這需要大家的力量。所以我才那麼早出來賣菜;所以我才每天做環保。」
年輕人被她這麼說,自己慚愧了,甚至也會發心:「阿嬤!我會幫你做,附近的店家我會替妳去收,我收成一堆再給你。」
你看,這就是要有耐力,有這種耐力就是從忍。忍寒、忍熱,還有忍風、忍雨,還要忍,節省睡眠的時間,節省休息的時間。這樣來付出,這要耐勞耐苦,這叫做忍耐。
所以年紀這麼大了,還是忍力負重,要有忍的耐力去負擔很重。這是人人覺得世間我們都有責任,所以我們需要。
當然她的兒子也曾這樣跟我說,他說:「好,開始的時候,我很受不了,大家都誤會我不孝順母親。我跟我媽媽說,我媽媽就這麼說:『兒子!你如果孝順,就是要順,順才是真正的孝順。這是媽媽我的心願,媽媽要做,你讓我歡喜,你就是孝順了。』」
他說:「我也不敢忤逆她,不過,媽媽這麼多年來,十幾年了,我們街上的人都已經知道了,如果看到我,都會跟我說:『謝醫師,你真有福!你媽媽的身體那麼好,還能為慈濟做這麼多。實在大家都叫她老菩薩,你是菩薩子。』」
他說:「我現在,不只是對媽媽這樣做不會有煩惱心,反而覺得很光榮。會到處去跟人炫耀我媽媽是慈濟委員,我媽媽早上天未亮就去摘菜,我媽媽都去垃圾回收。」
他說:「我連我的車場,停車的地方,我也趕快撥出來,讓媽媽做為資源回收的點。我如果有時間也會跟著媽媽去做。」
你看,母子能這樣互相體諒、互相瞭解,實在是很了不起。所以說來,我們學佛,利益人群,就是需要有這分耐力、忍力。
各位,忍辱波羅蜜。真的,在好的環境,要去做這種資源回收實在是不簡單。所以每一天,環保志工他們的故事,在在都能啟發我的內心。每一回碰到什麼艱難時,看看,草根菩提,真的,一切的煩惱都能解除。
所以我們大家要時時顧好我們的這念心,練好這股耐力、毅力,才能在這條康莊的大道,繼續走下去。請大家要多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110505《法譬如水》千經萬論在於啟發慈悲   靜思晨語--20110505《法譬如水》千經萬論在於啟發慈悲 Empty周四 五月 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: All Teachings Focus on Awakening compassion (千經萬論在於啟發慈悲)

The Six Paramitas: Giving, Precepts, Patience, Diligence, Samadhi, Wisdom. There are also called the Six Perfections.

As I said earlier, Bodhicitta is inseparable from the Six Perfections. We have already spoken about giving. Giving is the first step in learning Buddhism. In all the sutras and treatises wasn’t the Buddha telling us to develop compassion in our hearts?

Those born in this world are all seeking blessings. If we can bring others happiness, we will be happy. This is what is meant by “giving joy.” In this world, suffering is inevitable. We can resolve to have Universal Great Compassion and feel others’ suffering as our own. Then we can make the instant decision to help them. This is Great Compassion.

If we all help one another, this world will be blessed. Therefore, charitable giving is the first step in benefiting others. We say we are benefiting others, but we are actually accumulating merits for ourselves. Didn’t I say that it takes a very long time to accumulate all the merits and virtues we need to eliminate countless and innumerable afflictions?

So to move from the stage of ordinary people to the level of the sages, we need to create more blessings. This is like a balance. If one side is a little bit heavier the other side will be lighter. If we accrue more blessings, there will be less evil.

All in all, we need to clearly recognize disasters and blessings figure out how to eliminate disasters and increase our blessed karma. Thus, after we hear the Buddha’s teachings we must accept and uphold them. This is called upholding precepts.

We should be very grateful that we are born into such an environment. Otherwise we will be easily tempted. So we need to have the strength of patience. Without perseverance and patience, upholding precepts will be difficult. The Buddha taught us to abide by precepts so we can withstand all kinds of desires and temptations. If we do not have enough patience, we may lose our judgment and ruin our character. This is what happens when we lack willpower. If we lack patience in our spiritual practice, we will damage our Wisdom-life. So we can attain Wisdom-life with patience.

If patience is in our vocabulary, we can take a step back and the world opens up.
So patience is important whether we are lay practitioners or monastic practitioners. So in the Six Perfections, the six methods of practice, patience is very important.

Patience is exercising tolerance. We need to withstand things others cannot so our minds can be pure. Then we will have perseverance and endurance to practice this path.

Look at Buddha’s process of spiritual practice. It took Him three Asankhya Kalpas, which is akin to countless eons. During the course of His spiritual practice, every moment required patience? The Buddha went to Hell in one of His past lives. He continued His spiritual practice there. Even before He attained Buddha-hood, He already resolved to go to Hell. He saw an elderly person pulling a metal cart turned red-hot by the flames. The Buddha found it unbearable, so He quickly went up to the old man to take his place.

When the guard saw, he pulled Him away and said, “This old man is being punished. When he was alive, he was very cruel and nasty. There was no evil he wouldn’t do, that is why he fell into Hell. He deserves this punishment. So now he has to pull this burning cart. His karma led him here. Only by doing this can he exhaust his karma.”

The Buddha as a practitioner replied, “This is his karma, but I cannot bear to see it. I am willing to suffer in his place.” Others beings punished nearby, as well as those administering the punishments heard Him say, “I am willing to pull it for him. I am willing to suffer in his place. Even though he deserves this punishment, I am willing to do this.” At that moment, others who were pulling carts, whether young or old, all saw the fire on their carts extinguished. In that moment, a sense of mercy arose in the spirits meting out the punishment. So in that moment, the entire Hell of Fiery Carts ceased. The fires were extinguished. The punishments also halted. This is just one story in the process of the Buddha’s spiritual practice.

So Sakyamuni Buddha vowed and resolved to travel between the Six Realms. The Saha World was His land of transformation the place where He taught. It required patience. Patience is needed to teach and transform. Truly, practicing is not easy. We all try to avoid suffering and seek blessings. We all pursue happiness. Who is willing to go to a place of deep suffering? Only the Bodhisattvas and the Buddhas. All Buddhas and Bodhisattvas keep returning to this world of suffering. This is only possible with patience. So patience is most powerful.

We should know that in this world, there are many living Bodhisattvas around us. Many of us know Yu-nian, an elderly Bodhisattva from Caotun. She lived her life with mush patience and perseverance.

As a young woman, her family was poor. Her husband was a carpenter. When there was little rice left, she cooked rice porridge because if she steamed rice, she would have no lunch. Before her husband left for work, if he saw that there was porridge in the pot, he would yell at her, “Don’t you know that I need to expend a lot of strength? Why did you cook porridge again?” She did not have the heart to tell him, “If I do not cook porridge in the morning, I’d have nothing left for lunch.” She could not bear to, so she let him yell at her.

This was how she lived through those days. Her children were all malnourished. It was difficult to raise them. But she vowed, “No matter how hard it is, I will ensure that they get an education. I will nurture my children and give them the best education possible so they can be equal to others in society. Without education, there’ll be no hope for them. They will be manual laborers like their father, and lead hard lived.” That is why she made such a vow.

Then her husband died at a young ago, so she raised the children by herself. Suddenly there was one less source of income, so she took on both parental roles and worked hard to support her family, raise the children and provide their education.

We can only imagine what their life was like. Even when her husband was still alive, there was little rice. After her husband died, how did she manage to raise these children? How did she make a living? We can only imagine the hardship she endured.

She managed to put her kids through school. She gritted her teeth and raised them. Her children also worked hard. After they enrolled on college, they worked part-time to help pay tuition. In the end, every child became successful. One of them became a physician. He was very filial. As the mother of a doctor, she should be able to live comfortably, especially since her son was once a hospital superintendent. But she never thought about living comfortably.

After her children attained success, she learned about Tzu Chi. She joined Tzu Chi, became a Commissioner and collected donations. It was hard work. When I was promoting environmental protection, she felt, “Yes, when I was young I just worried about my family, and hoped for my children’s success and happiness. I never considered that if we deplete the Earth’s resources, life will be difficult for future generations. We cannot just look after our own offspring, we need to look after all generations to come. So she joined our recycling efforts and went everywhere to collect garbage herself.

After the 9/21 earthquake in 1999, she felt, "So many schools collapsed. Master Chang Ten said hope society lies in children's education." when she was poor, she realized that her children's only hope was education. My children have achieved success because I worked hard for them to be educated. Indeed, we must work fast so all children can quickly resume their education. I see the Master working so hard to rebuild these schools. Thus she also started to plant vegetables.

People who did not know her asked, “Grandma, what does your son do? How could he let you come out before down to sell vegetables and then collect garbage?” She told them, “I am collecting blessings. If the young people could not understand, she spent time explaining it to them, “My son and daughter-in-law are very filial. I am doing this for society. First I’m collecting recyclables to protect the planet. We need to care for our future generations so they will be blessed. We should really protect our resources, so future generations can enjoy blessings and have material goods.”

“Second, I sell vegetables to fundraise for the 9/21 Project. Many schools were destroyed, and education is the hope of the future. Master Cheng Yen wants to build schools. She needs all our help, so that is why I sell vegetables every morning and join the recycling efforts every day.” The young people who listened to her speech felt ashamed, and even made a resolution, “Grandma, I will help you. Let me go to the nearby stores to collect recyclable and then give them to you.

You see, this takes perseverance. This type of perseverance comes from patience. She had to endure the cold, heat, wind, rain, and lack of sleep. She rested less so she could give more. She endured suffering and hard work. This is called exercising patience. Though she was very old, she had the endurance to take on a tremendous burden. When we all feel a sense of responsibility, we will contribute our efforts.

One time, her son told me, “In the beginning, I could not stand it. People mistakenly thought I was not filial to my mother, and when I told my mother that, she said, “‘Son, if you want to be filial then comply with my wishes. Compliance is true filial piety. This is my heart’s wish. This is what I want to do. If you let me be happy, then you are being filial.”’ He said, “I did not dare to go against her. But now that she has been doing this for over 10 years, everyone in the neighborhood knows the story. When they see me, they tell me, Dr. Xie, you are so blessed. Your mother is in such good health and she can still do so much for Tzu Chi. You know, everyone calls her a Bodhisattvas, so you are the son of a Bodhisattvas.”

He said, “Now, not only am I not bothered by her doing this, I actually feel very honored. I brag to everyone that my mother is a Tzu Chi Commissioner and she gets up before dawn to pick vegetables and then collects garbage for recycling.” He said, “I even vacated my parking spot so she use the space to collect and sort recycling. When I have time, I join my mother.”

Look at how this mother and son can be forgiving and understanding. That is indeed very amazing. We learn Buddhism to benefit the people. This requires perseverance and patience. Patience is one of the Paramitas. Living in such a comfortable environment and still going out to collect garbage for recycling is truly remarkable.

Every day, hearing the stories of these recycling volunteers is truly inspiring. Whenever I encounter difficulties, I watch the program on our recycling volunteers and all my afflictions are eliminated. Therefore, we all need to constantly take good care of our minds.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110505《法譬如水》千經萬論在於啟發慈悲
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: