Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110509《法譬如水》六度萬行

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110509《法譬如水》六度萬行 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110509《法譬如水》六度萬行   靜思晨語--20110509《法譬如水》六度萬行 Empty周一 五月 09, 2011 1:26 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110509《法譬如水》六度萬行   靜思晨語--20110509《法譬如水》六度萬行 Empty周一 五月 09, 2011 3:08 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
記得過去的祖師在修禪,也有很多學者參禪。
有一回,一位學僧在那裡打坐,祖師從他面前走過,詢問他:「你在做什麼?」學僧回答:「我在打坐。」
「打坐要做什麼?」
「想要成佛。」
過了幾天後,這位學僧看到這位祖師在那個地方,拿了一塊磚頭在那邊磨,這位學僧覺得奇怪,禪師為什麼在這裡磨磚呢?就去問他:「禪師,您為什麼在這邊磨磚?」
這位禪師就向他微微一笑,說:「我需要一面鏡子。」
學僧就說:「您磨磚怎麼可能成鏡呢?」
這位禪師又是一笑,就說:「我磨磚如果不能成鏡,你坐禪能成佛嗎?」
就這樣,這位學僧恍然開悟。
諸位,這叫做對機。我跟你們說同樣的公案,到底諸位是否對機呢?是不是開悟了呢?這要看個人的根機。若是我,我會覺得:「是啊!光是打坐就想成佛,哪有這麼簡單?」
佛陀教導我們「六度萬行」,要成佛必定要經過六度萬行,這些功夫我們必定要做到。布施、持戒、忍辱、精進、禪定、智慧,這六樣就是我們修行的工具。
六度萬行
是菩薩所修的一切行門
廣言稱之為萬行
總攝分為六度
可以從生死苦惱的此岸
得度到涅槃安樂的彼岸

一位修行者,必定要先開闊心胸,要先對大地眾生的生命,要和我們有同等的尊重,所以人傷我痛、人苦我悲。若能視為生命的共同體,自然我們要捨出給眾生,那就不困難了。
所以布施,要先將自己的內心開闊,這叫做「心包太虛,量周沙界」。
布施,當然我們也要守護我們的規矩,眾生多數因為欲愛,所以步步踏入陷阱。我們如果要在菩提大道上,一路平安走下去,最重要的是,不要走入欲愛的陷阱,所以我們內心,必定要時時持戒。
要持戒,一定要有忍耐的功夫,能忍下欲愛的誘引,能忍下人我是非的挑撥,一定要有這種功夫。這個「戒」才能夠真的永遠守持。
忍,更需要精進,不是停在那裡忍就好了,還是要再精進。
接下來就是禪定,學佛,不是只執著在有形象的禪,其實禪無處不在。禪,古代的禪師也這麼說,擔材運水無不是禪、吃飯喝茶無不是禪,舉手投足無不是禪。
禪的意思就是要我們正念,要時時將我們的心,固定在正確的方向,那分正念才是最重要的。所以我們必定要時時將我們的心照顧好,不要讓它動,不要讓它亂。我們光是這樣坐著,身體大家都坐得很直,但是心是否在菩提大直道上呢?這就是我們要時時照顧好。
時時刻刻
持守正念
一心不動
即是禪定

可還記得,在2001年5月18日那一天,黃昏時在湖口工業區,有一家化學工廠忽然爆炸,新竹的慈誠、委員,馬上就準備去關懷。有一位范居士,范豐田居士,他剛好站在路邊打個電話,一輛車沒有開燈,只有近燈,沒有看道路邊的范居士,那輛車開過來就撞上他,非常嚴重。這個訊息傳回來,我很擔心,聽起來好像非常不樂觀。
當然,在那個區域的慈誠、委員,都非常緊張,之間他大概昏迷了一天。
到了他眼睛張開時,身上都插滿了管子,看,好像模糊地看到我們的慈濟人,尤其是看到平時在一起,若是助念三個人一定都在一起的,另外兩位慈誠隊,他看到們站在很多慈濟人的中間,那時候他自己心裡以為,這些人是來為我助念的。不過無法表達,因為嘴裡插管,所以大家也以為他還沒有清醒。
因為眼睛很腫,他就對站在他身邊的人,稍微動一下手。(旁人)感覺到了,「醒了!醒了!」他的手就做個手勢,好像我要寫字。「你要紙是嗎?」眼睛眨了一下。紙筆拿到他的手邊上來,他拿起筆來畫,大家去猜,「時辰未到,請勿安排助念。」如此樂觀。
再來,等到他慢慢清醒過來時,他的兒子跟他說:「開車撞到他的潘先生很自責。」趕緊來看他的時候,爸爸還在昏迷中。這位潘先生一直對他的兒子說:「很對不起,我實在是很對不起你們一家人,對不起你爸爸!把他撞得這麼嚴重,我很自責。」
他的兒子看到這位先生那麼自責、那麼緊張,他就跟這位潘先生說:「你放心,無論我爸爸會如何,爸爸的個性我知道,他絕對不會怪你,他也不會要你賠償,這是我爸爸的個性,我知道。」爸爸清醒的時候,兒子這樣對爸爸說。爸爸就說:「這就是讓我最歡喜的,兒子沒有讓我漏氣。」
事情過了之後,這位潘先生還是常常來看他,還是一樣自責。范居士等到拔了管會說話時,他就跟他說,他說:「我和你無冤無仇,你也不會故意開車來撞我。我和你沒有仇,我也不會閒閒沒事站在那裡讓你撞。人生都說一個緣,就是有這個緣,所以你那麼恰巧撞到我,這都是一個緣。我現在眼睛有一眼沒有光線,醫師說要幫我開刀,萬一這隻眼睛救不回來,我也不會怪你,也不會要你賠償。這是第一件要你知道的。」
「第二件事情要跟你說的,你要聽,所以你不要責備你自己,這都是一個緣,所以你不必自責。」
你看,在這之間,就是一個十分開朗的人。甚至事後他還說,他說:「我在昏迷中,意識還有點清楚,我一直提醒自己,提醒:我不能死,我不能糊里糊塗就離開師父。我不能糊里糊塗離開慈濟。我的念頭就是不斷提醒自己。這一念堅持。
他開刀是眼睛和骨折一起開,出來住在加護病房四、五天,就轉到普通病房了。我在六月中行腳,到了新竹,我就詢問委員和慈誠:「現在范居士怎麼了?」他們跟我說:「范居士坐在哪裡。」我真的不敢相信,後來我看到他在人群中。看他坐在那裡,我趕緊起身,走過人群到他的身邊,原來他坐著輪椅,腳還是用木板固定,腳伸得直直的,但是西裝筆挺。
我說:「你看起來不像受過傷的人。」
他說:「師父,讓您安心,我還是一個慈誠隊。」
但是後來我才知道,為了要讓我安心,他忍痛,光是要穿那套西裝,要換那件西裝褲,就非常的折騰他,花兩個多小時的時間,就是希望他能整整齊齊,以慈誠端莊的形態來讓師父看,就是為了讓師父安心。
除了他自己來以外,又帶來住在同病房的一位病友,來捐一百萬。因為那位先生在這段時間,看到慈濟人進進出出,又聽到他們在說的話,完全不是在和病人說話,完全是慈濟菩薩的對話,所以他受了很大的感動。這位患者他就發心說:「我光是看了就很感動,所以我也要參加慈濟。」
除了這一位先生之外,另外撞到他的那位先生,他沒有要求賠償,但是他(肇事者)心裡過不去,也開出幾十萬,他也一樣拿來給師父。
這就是慈濟人,在這種生死關頭,他的心一點都沒有亂,這就是菩薩精進在禪定中。他的心很定,篤定這輩子應該要走的路,他要做什麼事,以什麼樣的風度待人。你看,這個心,都沒有被這麼大的災難搖動他的心,這就叫做禪定。
篤定心念行正道
再大的災難也不動搖
就是精進在禪定中

修行希望我們能夠人人,我們的心對外面的境界,無論什麼境界來了,都能保持我們這念心,這才是真功夫。各位,學佛就是要學得這念心有這番功夫。
所以我們不要只是坐著等成佛,就像那位禪師拿磚要來磨成鏡一樣。最重要的,我們要應用佛陀教我們的方法,這就是工具,法就如工具,「法如筏喻者」,所以它能度我們到彼岸。
知我說法 如筏喻者
法尚應捨 何況非法
《金剛經》正信希有分第六

同樣的意思,所以請大家,法是讓我們用的,不是讓我們執著的。我們若是到了彼岸,還不想棄船,我們還是無法上彼岸。
所以平時常常和大家說:我們付出無所求。前腳走,後腳放。但是要守住我們的本分,不要為我已經做了什麼,所以我很了不起。其實沒有這些事,做過了就沒有了。
以舟筏來比喻法
我們用以度過生死之河
到了彼岸
終究必須捨舟登岸
因此不應過於執著

你看,范居士,雖然有差不多將近一年多的時間,復健很辛苦,不過,他超越痛而能快樂。痛快、痛快這種心態,但是復健之後,可以走出來了,已經又走出來了,所以這也就是,我們修學佛法的榜樣,這就是禪。
生活中不離開禪,待人接物中不離開禪,所以請大家要時時守住這念心,心定即是禪,多用心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110509《法譬如水》六度萬行   靜思晨語--20110509《法譬如水》六度萬行 Empty周二 五月 10, 2011 9:38 am

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Actualize the Six Perfections in Myriad Actions (六度萬行)

In the past, many of the Zen Patriarchs and many students practiced meditation.
Once, as a student monk sat in meditation, his teacher walked by and asked, “What are you doing?”
“I am meditating”
“Why are you meditating?”
“To attain Buddha-hood”
Several days later, this student monk saw the venerable teacher grinding a brick.
He found that odd. Why was a Zen Master grinding a brick? So he asked, “Master, why are you grinding this brick?”
The Zen Master smiled at him and said, “Because I need a mirror.”
The student monk said, “How can you make a mirror out of a brick?”
The Zen master smiled again and said, “If I cannot make a mirror by polishing a brick, How can you attain Buddha-hood through sitting meditation?”
After that moment, the student monk had a sudden awakening.

Everyone, this is resonance. I have shared this koan, this story with you; does it resonate? Are you enlightened? That depends on your aptitude. As for me, I hear it and realize, “Ineed we cannot attain Buddha-hood just by meditating. How could it be so easy?” To attain Buddha-hood, the Buddha taught us to practice “the Six Perfections in myriad actions.” We must be able to master the practices of giving, upholding precepts, patience, diligence, Samadhi and wisdom. These six are tools for our practice. Bodhisattvas practice by actualizing the Six Perfections in their myriad actions.

As a whole, they are called myriad actions. But they can be categorized under Six Perfections. They will take us from the shore of life, death and suffering to the shore of Nirvana, peace and joy.

As practitioners, we must first open our hearts and minds to give the land and all living beings the same respect we have for ourselves. So we feel their pain and mourn their sufferings. If we see all living beings as one, then we will naturally give to them without any difficulties.

So before we give, we must first open our hearts and minds. This is “a mind that encompasses the universe.” As we give, we must also follow our rules. Sentient beings are often lured toward traps by desires and cravings. To safely travel this path to enlightenment, it is very important that we avoid the traps if desires and cravings.

So we must always observe the precepts. To uphold precepts we must have endurance and patience. We must withstand the temptations of desire and the aggravations that lead to conflict. We must have this level of mastery to forever uphold the precepts. Besides patience we also need diligence. Simply tolerating adversity is not enough. We must practice diligently.

The next Paramita is Samadhi. As we learn Buddhism, we shouldn’t be attached to the form of meditation. In truth, we can practice meditation everywhere. As the ancient Zen Masters told us, carrying firewood and water can be a meditation. Eating and drinking can be a meditation. Any action that we engage in can be a meditation. The meaning of meditation is maintaining Right Mindfulness so that our minds are constantly and firmly fixed in the right direction. Right Mindfulness is most important. So we must always take good care of our minds. Do not let your mind wander off or become confused. We may all be sitting here in the correct posture, but are our minds on the path to enlightenment? This is what we must tend to at every moment.

At every moment, uphold and maintain Right Mindfulness. When the mind is still and unmoving, that is Samadhi.

I still remember an incident on May 18, 2001. That evening, a chemical plant in the Hukou Industrial Park suddenly exploded. Commissioners and Faith Corps members immediately mobilized to provide care. Among them was Mr. Fan Feng-tian. As he stood by the roadside to make a phone call, a car with its headlights off drove toward him. The driver did not see Mr. Fan on the side of the road and ran into him. Mr. Fan was severely injured.

When I heard this news, I was very worried. The prognosis was not good. Of course, the Faith Corps members and Commissioners from his area were very nervous. He was in a coma for about a day. When he finally opened his eyes, he saw many tubes attached to his body and vaguely saw Tzu Chi people gathered around him. In particular, he saw two Faith Corps members who with him, made up a threesome that would recite the Buddha’s name for the dying. When he saw those two amongst all the others, he thought they were there to recite for him.

But he could not speak because there was a tube in his mouth. Moreover, his eyes were very swollen, so everyone assumed he was still unconscious. So with his hands, he tried to gesture to the person standing near him. The person noticed and cried out, ”He’s awake! He’s awake! ” He moved his hands as if to say that he wanted to write something. “Do you want paper?” He blinked his eyes once. So they put paper and pen in his hand. He started to draw and everyone tried to guess. He was saying, “It’s not my time yet, please don’t recite for me.”

He was so optimistic! After he slowly regained full consciousness, his son told him that the man who hit him Mr. Pan, felt very guilty. When Mr. Pen came to visit him, he was still unconscious. So, Mr. Pan kept telling the son, “I’m very sorry. I feel guilty towards your whole family, especially your father. I injured him so badly. I really blame myself.” When his son saw how much Mr. Pan blamed himself and how anxious he was, he told him, “Don’t worry. No matter what happens to my father, I know he would never blame you. He won’t even ask you for compensation. That is how my father is, I know him.” When he become conscious, his son conveyed what he had said to Mr. Pan. He replied, “I am very happy to hear that My son did not disappoint me.”

After the incident, Mr. Pan still continued to visit him regularly and still continued to blame himself. Once his tubes were removed and he could speak, he told Mr. Pan, “There was no hatred or animosity between us. I know you didn’t hit me on purpose. I have no animosity toward you. I was not standing there waiting for you to hit me. In life, we often talk about karmic affinities. This was our affinity, so you accidentally hit me with your car. All this is due to affinities. Right now, one of my eyes cannot see, so the doctor will operate on it. Even if I cannot regain my eyesight, I still won’t blame you and I won’t ask for compensation. This is the first thing I must let you know. The second thing I want to say is and you must listen, do not blame yourself anymore. All this is due to karma affinity. So do not blame yourself.”

Thought this time, Mr. Fan remained very positive. Afterwards he told us, “When I was on a coma, my mind remained somewhat conscious. I keep reminding myself that I must not die. I can’t just randomly die like this and leave Master Cheng Yen and Tzu Chi. I kept constantly reminding myself of this.” He held firm to those thoughts.

Later, he had surgery to repair his eye & fractures. He stayed in the ICU for four or five days before he was transferred to an ordinary ward. When I arrived in Xinzhu in mid-June, I asked the local Commissioners and Faith Corps Members, “How is Mr. Fan doing?”
They replied, “He is sitting over there.”
I could not believe it. When I saw him sitting there, I immediately stood up and passed through the crowd towards him. He was sitting in a wheelchair. His legs were set in place by wooden splints and struck out straight, but he wore suit, the Faith Corps uniform. I said, “You do not look like you have been injured.”
He replied, “Master, please do not worry. I am still a Faith Corps member.”

However, l later discovered that in order to set my mind at ease, he endured much pain to put on the suit. Putting on the pants was tormenting. It took him two hours. All he wanted was for me to see him dressed neatly as a Faith Corps member. He did all this to set my mind at ease.

In addition to coming himself he also brought the patient in the bed next to his, who came to donate NT$1,000,000. His fellow patient wanted to do this because he saw Tzu Chi volunteers visiting all the time and also heard their conversation. They weren’t talking to him, just having Bodhisattvas dialogues amongst themselves. He was truly touched by this, so he told Mr. Fan, “I was touched by just seeing your interactions, so I want to join Tzu Chi.”

Apart from this fellow patient, he also brought Mr. Pan, the driver who hit him. He did not ask Mr. Pan for compensation, but Mr. Pan just could not forgive himself, so he donated several hundred-thousand NTD and personally handed the check to me. This is a Tzu Chi Volunteer.

His mind was never confused, even at the brink of death. He is an example of a
Bodhisattva who diligently practiced Samadhi. He was so calm. He clearly and firmly knew his path, what he wanted to do and how he wanted to treat others. So despite such a considerable tragedy, his mind did not waver in the least. This is called Samadhi.

With determination to walk the Right Path, we will not waver even in the face of great disaster. This is being diligent in practicing Samadhi.

In our spiritual practice, I hope that no no matter what circumstances we face, we can maintain this mindset. This is the level of true mastery.

Everyone, we learn Buddhism to train our mind to this level of mastery. So we cannot just sit and wait for enlightenment. That would be like that Zen Master grinding a brick to make a mirror. The important thing is to apply the methods the Buddha taught us. Those are our tools. Dharma is like a tool, like a raft that ferries us to the other shore.

The Dharma I speak is like a raft. If even Dharma must be relinquished, how much more so non-Dharma! -Diamond Sutra, Chapter 6, Right Belief id Rare.

This conveys what I mean. I hope we all remember that Dharma is to be used. We should not become attached. Once we have reached the other shore, if we do not leave the raft behind, we cannot set foot on the shore. So, I tell you all that we must give unconditionally. We let go of the last step as we take the next one. We should always do our duty. Let us not rest on and become proud of our accomplishments. So not think about them. After you are done, let them go.

We compare Dharma to a raft. We use it to cross the river of life and death. When we reach the other shore, we must ultimately leave it to climb ashore. Therefore we should not be to attached to it.

Look at Mr. Fan, it has been over a year since his accident. Physical therapy is painstaking. But he transcends the pain and can be happy. His mind does not dwell on the pain. He can leave it behind and move on after he completes his physical therapy. So he is a role model for us as we learn and practice Buddhism.

This is meditation. Our life can be a meditation; how we deal with everything can be a meditation. So please, let us always maintain this mindset; a calm mind is meditation. Please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110509《法譬如水》六度萬行
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: