Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110517《法譬如水》把心安住

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110517《法譬如水》把心安住 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110517《法譬如水》把心安住   靜思晨語--20110517《法譬如水》把心安住 Empty周二 五月 17, 2011 10:41 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110517《法譬如水》把心安住   靜思晨語--20110517《法譬如水》把心安住 Empty周二 五月 17, 2011 1:34 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
每天我們都是忙忙碌碌,面對外面的境界,心隨著境轉,很容易迷失了自己的本性,也容易迷失自己的本意。所以我們每一天,雖然忙忙碌碌面對外面的境界,我們自己的內心,還是要時時提醒向內自省,這是最重要的。所以我們前面已經說過了,我們人人迷失了,要如何回歸呢?除了前面說過的四心,六度。
四無量心:
大慈無悔
大悲無怨
大喜無憂
大捨無求
六度:
布施、持戒、忍辱
精進、禪定、智慧

四心,是四無量心,六度是六波羅蜜,我們都已經很了解。現在接下來就是,三十七助道法,前面也已經說過了四念處,四念處,這是我們最切身的事,日常生活中,哪一個時刻不會接觸到呢?
身,觀身不淨,大家如果能稍微用點心,在我們身上,好好思考看看,這個身體是不是很不淨呢?我到心蓮病房感觸很多,開頭要進去在入口時,看到一位先生坐在佛堂前面,看到我到的時候,他也很虔誠,很俐落地爬起來。看起來他穿的是醫院的衣服,因為他穿那套衣服,所以我知道他是患者。但是看他的態度,好像很自在也很輕安。
我問他:「怎麼了?你怎麼坐在這裡?」他就用手比一下:「我在裡面住院。」
在裡面住院就是心蓮病房,他看起來不像住心蓮的人,雖然人很瘦,但是在他的臉上是那麼自在,帶著微笑很安然。好像在那裡等待著,一件很神聖的事來臨,那種輕安。
跟他打了招呼,我就往裡面走,開始進到裡面,就是很沈重的心了。看到病人在那裡掙扎,醫師也很用心,到底我們跟他說話,他有沒有聽到?儘管知道,他內心有很多話想說,但是他無法表達。
醫生、護士用盡心力。然後又看到布帘遮住了,把它掀開時,一個孩子很小坐在地上,一碗麵放在地上,好像還不會用筷子,用湯匙一直在舀麵,看起來很可愛。
我走近了就說:「怎麼這麼可愛的孩子呢?」在病床上看起來是一位老先生,就趕緊起身,當然很吃力,肚子已經有腹水了,還是一樣很用心、很出力,就起來坐著。我說:「怎麼樣,你有沒有舒服一點?」他說:「還不錯。」
我看他肚子大大的,我就往他的肚子摸一下,硬硬的。我就問他:「這個孩子,是不是你的孫子?」
他很不好意思地跟我說:「不是啦!他是我的孩子。」
「怎麼差那麼多?」
他說:「我是父老子幼,我年紀很大才娶,所以孩子很小。」
看到一個女人坐在他的對面,很年輕。我心理知道,這個女人的反應不是很好,可見這個家庭,這個人要是有個萬一,這個家庭不知道要如何生活?所以我心裡就想,我回來之後要趕快跟他們說,這床的患者,可能將來我們要多關心。因為這位先生,肚子已經很硬了,身體好像柴枝的顏色,所以我為這個家庭擔心。
還有另一位比較年輕,看起來四十多歲而已,看起來身體壯壯的,為什麼他會生病?為什麼住在心蓮病房呢?可想而知,看起來病情沈重。
在那裡和他們說話時,就聽到另外對面的一床,在那裡哀叫。我想到底是什麼樣的人?掀開布帘,有我們的志工在那裡,一直拍撫著她,安慰她,說:「他沒有跑太遠,馬上就回來。」我想是什麼人呢?
護士就說,她說:「這位阿嬤很有意思,阿公如果離開一下,她就很難過,怕阿公不再回來她身邊。」就是一個很黏人的阿嬤,真的是很老了,怎麼感情還黏得那麼緊?知道她可能是一個很會撒嬌,很黏的阿嬤。
看到她這樣感觸很深,病痛就已經痛苦了,心中的情,佔有的欲念還是很深。阿公一定要常常坐在她的身邊,牽著她的手。看,這種人生如此纏綿,你看,最後的一天不知道要怎麼走?實在無法體會。
還有另外一位,看起來很年輕的少婦,哭得很大聲,他們跟她說:「師父來看你了。」哭得很大聲,臉都蒙住了。問她怎麼了?她說:「很感動。」為什麼哭成這樣?無法回答。就有人跟我說:「很害怕、很害怕。」我內心就想,難免會怕。看起來知道,她是一個很愛美的人,就是病中,也看到她化了妝。看起來是很愛美的人,落得現在年紀輕輕就住在心蓮病房裡。
我聽到院長跟我說:「她的癌細胞,已經跑到骨頭裡了。能夠想像癌細胞在骨頭裡侵蝕,全身都攤瘓了。這麼年輕的生命,她哪裡能接受呢?看到每一床、每一床,都讓人看了心痛。如果能人人觀想不淨觀,相信我要進入心蓮病房前的那位先生,那位先生應該也是癌症的患者。雖然他很瘦,但是你看他的臉,很輕安自在的感覺。
所以人生還是一樣,總有一天,在我們身邊最愛的人,是我們很親的人,周圍的總有一天,不是他先離開我們,便是我們有一天要離開他,這種生死是這麼自然的法則。不過,我們就是看不開自然的法則!
凡夫煩惱不斷覆心
若能用慧觀的力量
把心安住於四念處
將可調伏世間貪憂
四念處:
觀身不淨
觀受是苦
觀心無常
觀法無我

所以我們觀身不淨、觀受是苦、觀心無常、觀法無我。世間到底有什麼東西是永住的?沒有。
所以說來,我們要好好利用這個身體,利用這四種觀法,這就是智慧為體。
我們要知道,我們如果能觀身不淨、觀受是苦、觀心無常、觀法無我。在這四項下功夫,這就是智慧。智慧為體,以此智慧的力量,我們才能把我們的心安住在道法上。
因為三十七道品,這三十七項要幫助我們,在這條康莊大道上行走,所以我們三十七道的第一項,四念處,我們要照顧好。這就是在啟發我們的智慧,在我們的身、心感受,和天地萬物的境界,讓我們下功夫。所以這四種觀法,就是智慧為體,要以智慧為主。
人人都有與佛平等的智慧,只要我們好好啟發出來,接下來就是「四正勤」。
四正勤:
已生惡令速斷
未生惡令不生
未生善令速生
已生善令增長
一心精進勤奮
修此四道法
名之為四正勤

各位都知道四正勤,我們必須知勤,「勤」就是精進。
但是修行有兩項事要選擇一樣,就是善與惡。有句話說:諸惡莫做,眾善奉行。所以在這兩項,我們要好好下功夫,所我們要用四正勤。「正」就是沒有偏邪,我們好好選擇。
第一就是「已生惡令斷」。因為諸惡莫做,我們如果有一點惡念生起,我們要及時斷掉,已生惡令斷。
「未生惡不生」。把心照顧好,如果有一點惡念生起,我們要及時斷掉。萬一外面的境界來誘惑我們,一念的惡心生起來,我們要趕緊提高警覺,要趕緊斷除,不要讓它他生起。所以已生惡令斷,趕緊斷;未生惡令不生,所以叫做「諸惡莫做」。不要以為只有一點點而已,做了可能沒關係。要知道一點一點,滴久了就成一缸。
尤其是因果不昧,所以我們的心念,真的要照顧好,哪怕是一點點,都不要讓它起心動念,何況是去做?所以很多都是由心生。
諸惡莫做
就是惡念生起時
無論大小趕緊斷滅
若未生惡則令不生
時刻將心念持於正道中

第二要「眾善奉行」,不要以為善只是一點點而已,做這些對我會有好處嗎?對人有什麼利益嗎?只是一點點善而已。其實,善也是要從一點點開始,我們要把握當下,無論認為是大善或是小善,當下我們就要做了,所以不要去分別善的大小。
我們要常常保持在我們心中,常常有那分愛。所以我們要「已生善令增長」,我們如果已經有善念,就要讓他不斷不斷地增長,不要分別什麼樣的善我才做,什麼樣的善我不做。
眾善奉行
就是培養愛心
讓善心念念相續
念念在法、念念在道

其實,我們應該要把握當下,現在需要我做什麼,我就去做什麼,我們應該要有這種,常常提起這分愛心,凡事都不要挑善是什麼種類?哪怕是開口動舌。所以已生善,我們要讓它不斷不斷增長起來,不要善念間斷。
如果「未生善」就「令速生」,要趕快,這念善我們過去不曾有過,現在已經看到了、聽到了、遇到了等等,我們要趕緊把握,所以我們除了對自己,啟發愛心善念。我們還要趕緊把這念愛心、善念,再普及別人,有機會一起進來。我們如果能這樣,善事就不斷不斷,將大家的力量凝聚起來,這個社會就祥和了。要不然若是人人為惡,人間的五濁三災就不斷增長。
各位,希望我們人人天天都要用心,從我們的身心下功夫,對外面的境界,我們要提高警覺;對需要我們幫助的,我們要把握當下。所以說「眾善奉行,諸惡莫做」這就是佛陀的教育。
所以前面的四心、六法,我們不能忘記。後面的三十七種來輔助我們如何走路的方法,我們也要多用心!

月亮 在 周二 五月 24, 2011 2:00 pm 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110517《法譬如水》把心安住   靜思晨語--20110517《法譬如水》把心安住 Empty周四 五月 19, 2011 9:58 am

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Settle the Mind (把心安住)

We are so busy every day that our minds are constantly influenced by external conditions. So we easily lose touch with our intrinsic nature and our original convictions. Therefore although we busily deal with external situations every day, we must always remind ourselves to self-reflect. This is most important.

As I said previously we are all lost. How can we return to our true nature? Aside from the Four Immeasurable & Six Parameters, which we have discussed and understood, let us now focus on the 37 Practices to Enlightenment. I have already discussed the Fourfold Mindfulness, which deals with what is most personal to us. In our daily living, we deal with these every moment of our lives. First, contemplate the body as impure.
If we can all be a little more mindful in observing and contemplating our body, we will find that our body is not very clean. The Heart Lotus Palliative Care Ward always evokes many feelings in me.

As I was about to walk in, I saw a man sitting in the small Buddha Hall. When he saw me, he was very respectful and quickly got to his feet. Because he was wearing a hospital gown, I realized he was a patient. But his demeanor seemed very peaceful I asked him, “What’s the matter? Why are you sitting here?”
He pointed to the ward, “I am a patient there”

He indicated the Heart Lotus Palliative Care Ward. However, he did not look like a (terminal) patient. Though he was very skinny, he looked at ease. His smile was peaceful, as if he was waiting for something very holy and sacred to happen. He seemed very serene. After I greeted him, I entered the ward. Once I was inside, my heart grew heavy. I saw patients struggling in pain while the doctors paid close attention to them. When we talk to them, can they really hear us? Even though they must have a lot on their minds, they have no way to express it. I also saw doctors and nurses doing their best.

Next I saw a bed with curtains drawn around it. When I pushed them aside, I saw a child on the floor with a bowl of noodles. He did not know how to use chopsticks yet, so he tried to scoop up the noodles with a spoon. He was very adorable I walk closer and said, “What an adorable child.” The old man resting in the bed quickly propped himself up. There was fluid in his abdomen, so it was very strenuous for him. Still, he tried really hard and used all his strength to sit up. I said, “How are you? Are you feeling better?” He said, “Not bad.” I noticed that his stomach was quite distended. I reached out to feel it. It was quite hard. Then I asked, “Is this your grandson?” He was embarrassed as he told me, “No, he is my son.” “Why is there a huge age gap?” He explained, “I married and started a family late. So my son is very young.”

Then I saw a very young woman sitting across from him. I could tell that her mind was a little slow. Clearly if something happened to this man, this family would be in trouble. So I thought that I should ask our staff to follow up with and pay close attention to this family. The patient’s belly was already very hard and his complexion was abnormally brown. So I was very worried for this family.

There was also a younger patient in his early 40s. He looked physically fit, so how did he get sick? Why was he in the palliative ward? It was clear that he must have a serious condition. While I was talking with him, I heard someone from across the room wail in pain. I went over to see what was wrong. When I moved the curtains aside, I saw a Tzu Chi volunteer stroking and comforting a patient by saying, “He didn’t go too far. He will return soon.” I wondered, “Who is she talking about?”

The nurse said, “This grandma is quite interesting. She gets very upset when her husband leaves her sight. She is afraid he will not come back.” She was a very clingy woman. She was quite old, so why did she still cling so tightly to her husband? I could tell that she was probably a very affectionate and dependent woman. Her image left a deep impression on me. Although she was in much pain due to her illness, her affections and desire to possess were still very strong. The old man had to sit by her side and constantly hold her hand. With such strong attachments, I do not know how she will deal with their final parting. It is really unfathomable.

There was another patient, a young woman, who was sobbing very loudly. Her family told her, “Master Cheng Yen is here to see you.” As she cried loudly, she covered her face. I asked her, “What is the matter?” She said, “I am very moved.” “Why are you crying so hard?” She could not reply. Someone beside her told me, “She is terrified.” I thought, “That is inevitable.” I could tell that she was a woman who cared a lot about her looks. Even though she was ill, she still put on makeup. So she cared a lot about being beautiful. Though she was young, she was already in the Heart Lotus Palliative Care Ward. Our hospital superintendent told me that her cancer cells had already spread into her bones and were probably eating away at them. She was completely paralyzed. She was still so young, how could she possibly accept this?

The patients in each of the hospital beds broke my heart. Let us all contemplate how the body is impure. I believe that the man I saw before I entered the palliative care ward was probably also a cancer patient. Though his body was emaciated, he looked peaceful and at ease. We need to have the same attitude in life. One day, we will inevitably part with our loved ones. Either they will leave us first or we will leave them. Life and death are natural laws. But we are unable to accept this Law of Nature.

Afflictions continually cover ordinary minds. If we use the power of wisdom in our contemplation and settle our minds in the Fourfold Mindfulness, we can tame all worldly greed and worries. The Fourfold Mindfulness includes: contemplating the body as impure, contemplating feelings as suffering, contemplating the mind as impermanent, and contemplating that there is no self.

So we contemplate the body as impure, contemplate feelings as suffering, contemplate the mind as impermanent, and contemplate that there is no self. Will anything in this world exist forever? No. So we must truly make good use of this body and focus on these four methods of contemplation. This is wisdom. We should strive to contemplate that the body is impure, that felling lead to suffering, that the mind is impermanent and that there is no self. When we put effort in these four practices, we will develop wisdom.

When wisdom is the body of our practice, with the power of this wisdom we can focus our minds on the Dharma and the path. The 37 Practices for Enlightenment are 37 methods that help us walk this broad path to enlightenment.

We must pay attention to the first subgroup, the Fourfold Mindfulness. This awakens our wisdom by training our minds to deal with our feelings and sensations of all phenomena in the world, as perceived by our body and mind. These four types of contemplation are based in wisdom. We should focus on wisdom. We all have wisdom equal to the Buddha’s, we just need to awaken and bring it forth. Next are the Four Right Efforts.

The four Right Efforts: Eliminate any evil that has already arisen. Prevent evil from arising. Encourage good to quickly arise. Nurture any good that has already arisen. Single-mindedly, diligently, and vigorously practice these four methods for enlightenment. They are called the Four Right Efforts.

We are all familiar with the four Right Efforts. We need to make an effort and be diligent. In spiritual practice, we must be able to choose between good and evil. It is said, “Refrain from all evil” and “do all that is good.” We must work hard on these two practices. We must hard on these two practices. To do so, we need to apply the Four Right Efforts. Right means not deviant or evil. We must choose carefully.

First, “remove any evil that has already arisen.” Since we should refrain from all evils, if a hint of evil arises in our minds, we must immediately extinguish it. Thus we remove any evil that has already arisen.

Next, “prevent evil from arising.” Let us take good care of our minds. If a hint of evil arises in our minds, we must immediately extinguish it. If we are tempted by external conditions and an evil thought begins to arise, we must quickly become aware of it. Then immediately eliminate it to prevent it from arisen. So remove any evil that has already arisen and prevent evil from arising. This is called “refraining from all evil.”

Do not think that an insignificant evil deed will not matter. Every little bit adds up, like how small drops of water accumulate to fill a tub. Do not ignore the Law of Cause & Effect. We must really take good care of our minds. We must not allow even the slightest bad thought to arise, let alone act it. Indeed, many wrongs originate from the mind.

Refrain from all evil. As an evil thought arises, whether it is major or minor, quickly eliminate it. If we can prevent evil from arising, we can prevent evil from arising, we can constantly keep our minds on the Right path.

Second, we must “do all that is good.” Do not think, “It is an insignificant good deed, will I even get anything out of it? Will it benefit anyone in any way? It is so insignificant.” Actually, we can start by doing small good deeds. We must seize the present and do what is benevolent, whether it is a large or small action. We must not judge the size of the deed. We must take care to always maintain a kind, loving heart. So “nurture any good that has already arisen. If we already have a good thought, we must nurture it and let it flourish. Do not discriminate and choose to do only certain kinds of good deeds.

Do all that is good. Nurture the love in your mind. Have good thoughts continuously, so that every thought you have is in accord with the Dharma and the path.

We really need to seize the present to do whatever is needed to do whatever is needed. We should always have this loving heart and not be picky about the type of good deed we want to do, even if it is just saying something. So we must continually nurture any good that has already arisen so that it grows. Maintain kind thoughts unceasingly. We must also “encourage good to quickly arise.” If we never had a kind thought, once we see, hear or encounter one, we must quickly hold on to it. Aside from awakening the kindness and goodness in our minds, we must quickly share them with others so they have the opportunity to join us. If we can do this, we can pool everyone’s strength to continually do good deeds. Then this society will become peaceful. Otherwise, if everyone continues with evil deeds, the Five Turbidities and Three Calamities in this world will grow in severity.

Fellow practitioners, I hope we will all be mindful every day and train our bodies and minds. We must be more aware of our surroundings and promptly help those who need our help. Therefore, do all that is good, refrain from all that is evil. This is what the Buddha taught. We must not forget the aforementioned Four immeaurables and Six Perfections as we apply the 37 methods which will help us on this path. And we must also always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水).
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110517《法譬如水》把心安住
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: