Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110525《法譬如水》認清生命價值

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110525《法譬如水》認清生命價值 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110525《法譬如水》認清生命價值   靜思晨語--20110525《法譬如水》認清生命價值 Empty周三 五月 25, 2011 4:12 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
我們每一天都有一天的開始,人生每一天的開始,我們應該要珍惜。健康就是我們的人生。
所以佛陀告訴我們,生命在呼吸間。生命,我們的氣、呼吸可以很順暢,出去、進來,可以這樣順暢,這就表示今天生命健康。所以我常說:「每一天眼睛睜開、醒了,動動我的手、動動我的腳。除了呼吸順暢之外,手腳自如,感恩啊!」
今天還能有健康的身體,開始今天這一天的人生,所以我們必定要認清楚,我們人生的生命價值。
佛陀對我們的教育是循循善誘。眾生的煩惱偏多,八萬四千無量無數煩惱,這麼多的煩惱等於是污穢。這麼多的污垢髒穢要用什麼才能清除?水,水才能清除一切污垢。眾生的煩惱這麼多,用什麼才能消除?法,唯有法才能對治眾生的煩惱。
所以有這麼多法來讓我們對治,我們也要真正的誠心、信心來接受法,就像病人接受治療。
眾生多為煩惱所苦
唯以法水洗心
方能滌除重重垢穢
回歸清淨本性

我們昨天說過,三十七助道品裡面的八正道,昨天說到:
八正道:
正見、正思惟、正語
正業、正命、正精進
正念、正定
昨天說到正業。業就是造作,我們一切的造作,無不是心地的種子,也就是八識田中的一粒種子,所以《地藏經》裡面也這麼說:「開口動舌、舉步動足無不是業。」
南閻浮提眾生
舉止動念
無不是業
無不是罪
《地藏經》如來讚歎品第六

常常都跟大家說,我們要很用心,照顧我們的起心動念,照顧我們的舉步動足。一生的人生多長?時間有多長不重要,在我們的日常生活,我們的身心所做的,是福、福業呢?或是惡的惡業?這都是在我們一生的時間中,所累積的就是業。所以業,我們要很敬畏,我們要怕,怕我們不小心造了罪業,所以我們每天要很用心。
有福的人,他付出的力量大。就如昨天說過的,在印尼的這群企業家,他們能夠上達總統,能夠下通人民,他們以這股力量付出,讓整個國家,都能因為這群愛心人、有力量的人、有心的人,所以推動的力量就大。所以業力的力量很大。
我們若是正確,這股業力一推,造福人群就很多、很大,這股業若是偏差,多數的人造作,合起來的力量也一樣很大,就使國家、社會、家庭、人生都混亂、破壞,所以業要「正業」。大家要很用心。
一切行為舉止
皆是清淨無邪
自利利他
謂之「正業」
具足「正業」
則身業清淨

再來就是「正命」,正命就是我們的生命。種種都讓人很羨慕,一直要向名利地位去追逐,所以他就會做出很多,有時就是錯誤的人生,這種生命在世間愈長,對他來說惡業愈造愈多。偏差的人生、邪命,就使人往偏差的方向愈走愈深,這就是陷入陷阱的邪命。
但是我們信仰了佛法,我們要改邪歸正,無論是為了生活,或做什麼事情,我們都要選擇正確,有的人詐欺、騙取等等,這就不對了。為了生活努力是很好,但是要靠正當的職業、正當的事業來營生、來經營我們的生活,應該是這樣。假如只是為了生活而方向偏差,就會很錯誤。
所以正命就是為了我們的生活而謀生,我們要很正確,不要犯錯。
依正法活命
從事正當的職業
用正確的方法
求取生活所需
謂之「正命

世間生命長的很長、短的很短,長長短短。有的人說還太早,其實我們應該要知道「莫道君行早,更有早行人。」
為了生命,有的人一生病,就是害怕惶恐,不敢面對現實,有了生命病痛就會去問神。有的時候乩童就會指點他:「你幾月不能開刀。哪個方向的地方不能去。你應該要吃什麼藥。或是吃爐丹、吃符水等等。延誤了很好的治療時機,哪怕是已經很有常識的人,還是一樣對生命無法認清,用迷信的方式、用逃避的心態,以致延誤了生命也很多。
人云:「命長不如命好。」什麼命是最好的?方向正確的生命,就是最好的命。我們萬般帶不去,唯有業隨身,難得這一生能會遇佛法,這就是最好命的人。會遇了佛法能身體力行,行在菩薩道中,這就是最好命的人。
將這一生的生命價值,不只是一個人享用,生命的價值就是要普遍,讓人人能享用到,對人群、對社會、對國家有貢獻,才是真正的好命人。長壽固然好,若是長得人生無意義,長也沒有用。
命長不如命好
此生能會遇佛法
精進於菩薩道中
立願為眾生付出
開闊生命的價值
才是真正的好命人

我們看到名利、地位很高的人去了(往生),我們去看他,他的身後到底帶去什麼東西?什麼都沒有帶去。這是不是證實了萬般帶不去?
我們看到有很多可愛的人生,能運用他的生命,能為人群付出,結果他的離開,能讓多少人留下他的形象?有的人說我要剛好在人生形象最好的時候結束,這樣永遠讓人留下很美的形象。多美啊!就像杏芬、慈迎。
我一提起慈迎,相信大家在你的腦海中,已經浮現一位很活潑、很亮麗、很漂亮的一位菩薩,在七年的時間,她的人生真的是很亮麗。凡事都要有因緣,有些人的因緣,在歡樂中接受到因緣,有些人是在生命的考驗中接受因緣。其實慈迎她是在生命的苦難中,體會到生命的真理,從屋頂跌下來,所以讓她的骨盆、骨頭受了很重的傷。三個月的時間養病,我們真的能想像,那一段時間多辛苦啊!
在台灣已經投入慈濟,名稱叫做委員的姊姊,她就是委員、慈濟的菩薩,聽到妹妹受傷從台灣專程到美國去。她送給妹妹的是師父的錄音帶,在那裡一方面陪伴妹妹,一方面就是陪她聽錄音帶,這個時候她有時間。在她健健康康時,姊姊也曾跟她說:「來做慈濟很好。」她都說:「那是妳們有時間,妳們有時間、妳們有錢、妳們有什麼才做得到。」但是這段時間她才知道,知道生命可以發揮利用時,是多麼有價值。人生是這麼的無常,只是這樣一摔,就給她這種痛、這種苦的拖磨。
所以她在錄音帶中,聽到師父這樣說:「你們大家有家庭、有事業,師父什麼都沒有,只有一條命。」這句話她體會到了,有事業、有家業、有能力可以付出,但是師父什麼都沒有,師父只有命一條而已。我只能盡形壽把這條命奉獻出去。所以她聽到這樣體會到了,很快地她接受了。
本來醫生要她休息六個月,她在三個月後就回到臺灣,坐上慈濟列車回來見到師父,開始夫妻甚至一家人,兒子、女兒都進來,在慈濟的菩薩道中。說起來她的故事應該很長,我已經要他們,把她這段人生的過程,好好地整理起來,讓她列入慈濟千年不朽的大藏經裡面。
現在她的一生已經落下句點,但是她還有她的福,這七年的時間造了很多的福。可知道她從臺灣到了美國,從美國投入慈濟之後,跨出了十五個國家。十五個不同的國家、不同的膚色、不同的民族、不同的宗教,在這十五個國家她去付出,她很歡喜,結了很多的好緣,而且是福緣。
所以我相信福的種子,在她的心地、八識田中,已經非常成熟。相信她再來的人生,會是福慧雙俱的人生,就是隨心如意的人生。一定是一位未來最年輕的菩薩。現在再來的菩薩道會很長,從開始來人間,她就能度她的父母,就能開始對人群有益。你們想,這個人生換個更好的人生,我們應該替她歡喜、要為她祝福。
所以雖然年紀是五十,其實她的慧命成長,是七年的時間。在這個地方生長了很美、很茂盛的慧命,生命的價值應該是這樣。
所以我們為生命的生活,要怎麼創造一個很好的命。所以好命就要看我們自己怎麼做。我常說生命很長,長得窄窄的、薄薄的,這樣的生命沒有用,多造業。生命要讓它寬闊,不只是寬闊,我們要讓它有厚度,基礎要打穩。我們還要深入,真的,生命的價值觀我們要深入,所以大家要時時多用心。
難得我們的人生,生命來到人間,不要因為生命,迷失了我們的本性。所以「命」,既然來到人間,要好好利用。大家要多用心!
回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110525《法譬如水》認清生命價值   靜思晨語--20110525《法譬如水》認清生命價值 Empty周四 五月 26, 2011 7:28 am

回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110525《法譬如水》認清生命價值   靜思晨語--20110525《法譬如水》認清生命價值 Empty周六 五月 28, 2011 5:39 am

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Appreciate the Value of Life (認清生命價值)

Every day is a new beginning. At the start of each day, we must cherish our health. As the Buddha told us “Life exists between breaths.” When we breathe, if we can inhale and exhale smoothly, it means that we are still alive and well. I often say, “Everyday when I wake up and open my eyes, I move my hands and I move my feet. Aside from breathing smoothly, if my limbs can move about easily, I am grateful for still having a healthy body as I begin my life today.”

Thus we must clearly recognize the value of our lives. The Buddha guides and educates us with patience and skill. Sentient beings have many afflictions, countless, innumerable afflictions. The afflictions we have are just like filth. How can we wash away all this filth? With water. Only water can eliminate all defilements. Sentient beings have so many afflictions. How can afflictions be eliminated? With Dharma. Only Dharma can treat afflictions. It gives us many methods to counteract our afflictions. We must honestly accept Dharma with sincerity and faith, just like a patient accepting treatment.

Generally, sentient beings suffer from afflictions. Only by cleansing the mind with Dharma-water can we eliminate the accumulated filth and return to our pure, intrinsic nature.

Yesterday I spoke of the Eightfold Noble Path in the 37 Practices of Enlightenment
I have covered Right Views, Right Thought, Right Speech and Right Action. Every single act creates karma. Everything we do sows seeds in our minds, or more specifically, in our Eighth Consciousness. In the Earth Treasury Sutra, it is written that each time we open our mouths or move our limbs we create karma. So I constantly remind you to be mindful and look after your every thought and action. How long we live is not important. What is important is the type of karma we create with our bodies and minds in our daily living is it good or bad karma? Throughout our live, we continuously create and accumulate karma.

Therefore, karma must be held in awe. We must be afraid of accidentally creating bad karma. So we must be very mindful each day. People with great blessings can make great contributions. For example, yesterday I mentioned the group of entrepreneurs in Indonesia. They could influence the president as well as the people. They used that power to help their entire country. This group of kind-hearted individuals had tremendous strength and will, so their endorsement and actions had a great impact. If our direction is correct, our actions can bring tremendous benefits to the people. But if the direction is wrong, the power of many people working together will likewise be tremendous. It will bring chaos to ourselves, our families, our society and country. So we should be mindful and practice Right Action.

If all our conduct is pure, without evil, we can benefit ourselves as well as others. This is called Right Action. When Right Action is perfected, we will create pure karma with the body.

Next is Right Livelihood. Livelihood is how we make a living. Many create karma because of their livelihood. Some people see others’ success in business, fame, wealth, or status and become envious, so they continuously seek these things. In the process, they will commit many wrongs. Such people create more negative karma the longer they live. When people engage in deviant ways for their livelihood, they will go further astray, falling into the traps of evil ways. Since we have taken refuge in the Buddha-Dharma we must turn wrong to right. Whether we do something to make a living or for any other reason, we must always choose ways that are upright. Some people earn a living through fraud, etc. That is wrong.

It is good to work hard to provide for ourselves, yet we must do so by engaging in proper occupations or decent businesses. This is what we should do. If we depart from our values just to earn a living we are making a grave mistake. Right Livelihood means that we must sustain our living through upright means, and not through improper acts.

Rely on upright methods to make a living. When one engages in a proper career and uses the right means to obtain what one needs to live, that is called Right Livelihood.

Some people live very long lives, while others live very short ones. Sometimes we say that people died too young. However, we should know that “there is always someone younger who has died” When some people get sick, they are fearful, anxious and afraid to face reality. Some people seek answers from deities when they are ill, and sometimes the medium will say, “Do not have surgery in certain months. Do not travel in certain directions. You should take certain medicine, which is often incense ash or a water-soaked glyph, etc. Listening to them can delay timely treatment.

Even those who are quite knowledgeable likewise do not have a correct understanding of life. They turn to superstitious practices to escape the reality of their illness. For many, proper treatment is delayed as a result. People say a good life is better than a long life. What kind of life is the best? A life that is headed in the right direction, that is the best kind of life. When we die, karma is the only thing we take with us. We are fortunate because we have encountered Buddha-Dharma in this life. We are also most fortunate to practice Dharma and walk the Bodhisattva-path. By practicing the teachings of the Buddha, we can dedicate our lives to benefitting others as well as ourselves. The value of our lives is something that should be shared and enjoyed widely. We are most fortunate if we can contribute to our society, country and to humanity. Some people seek longevity, but a long and meaningless life is of no use.

A good life is better than a long life. In this life we have encountered Buddha-Dharma and can diligently walk the Bodhisattva-path. If we vow to contribute to sentient beings and widely share the value of our lives, then we are indeed the most fortunate people.

When people with great fame, wealth and status pass away, what can they take with them? Nothing, Doesn’t this prove that we cannot take anything with us? We have met many admirable people who devoted their lives to benefiting others. When they pass on, they leave lasting impressions in many people’s minds. Some say, “I want to pass away right when I am at my best. Then I can leave behind the impression.” That is beautiful.

Our Commissioner, Tzu Ying, is one such person. I am sure that when I mention her name, the image of an energetic, brilliant and beautiful Bodhisattva arises in your minds. The last seven years of her life were very bright and beautiful. Everything happens due to causes and conditions. Some people encounter Tzu Chi while things are going well for them. But for others, it is during a time of adversity.

Tzu Ying was one who realized the truth of life in suffering. She fell from her roof and broke her pelvic bone and other bones. Because of her severe injuries, she was incapacitated for three months. We can easily picture how painful those months must have been. At that time, her older sister in Taiwan had already joined Tzu Chi and was a Commissioner, a Tzu Chi Bodhisattvas. When her older sister heard about her injury, she flew to the US to take care her and gave her cassette tapes of my teachings. As she took care of her, they would listen to the tapes together. During that period she had free time. Previously, before she was injured, she told her sister, “Participating in Tzu Chi is good, but you can do it because you have the time & money to do whatever you want.”

But during that period of time, she realized how valuable life can be if it is fully utilized. Life is impermanent. A simple fall caused her so much pain and suffering. When she was listening to the tapes, she heard me say, “All of you have families and careers, I have nothing, just this life.” At that moment, she realized that since she had a family and a business, she had the ability to give. She also heard me say, “I have nothing, just this life. I can only dedicate this physical body to benefit others while it is still alive.

She realized and quickly accepted what I said. The doctor wanted her to rest for six months. But after just three months, she returned to Taiwan to see me. Since then, her husband and children have joined. Since then, her husband and children have joined her on the Tzu Chi Bodhisattva-path. The story of her life will take too long to tell. So l had asked our volunteers to compile her life story and include it in the permanent Tzu Chi Archive.

Although she has passed away, she left with a lot of blessings. In those seven years she created many blessings. When she returned to the US after her first visit, she joined the local Tzu Chi chapter, and took part in international relief missions in 15 different countries to help people of different skin colors, different ethnicities and different religions. She happily did what she could in those countries and created many blessed and good affinities. I believe that those blessed seeds were sown in her Store-Consciousness and have already matured. I am sure that her next life will be filled with blessings and wisdom. Her life will be smooth and successful.

She will definitely become one of the youngest Bodhisattvas in the future. She will have more time to walk the path. When she returns, she will transform her parents and benefit others. Just think, didn’t she exchange this life for a better one? So we should be happy for her and give her our beat wishes. Although she passed away at 50, her Wisdom-life grew a great deal in those 7 years. Her Wisdom-life grew and flourished beautifully in Tzu Chi. This is the way we can bring out the value of life.

We should ponder how to make our life a truly good one. Whether or not we can lead a good life depends on what we do. I have often said that a long, narrow life with no depth is useless and just creates karma. We should add breadth to our lives. Moreover, we should also it depth. Aside from laying a firm foundation, we must live a life with depth. Indeed, we must have a deep sense of life’s value. To do so, we must always be mindful. Being born as a human is a rare opportunity. Do not go astray and lose your intrinsic nature for the sake of making a living. Since we are blessed with this human life, we must make the most of it. Alright everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水).
回頂端 向下
在線

靜思晨語--20110525《法譬如水》認清生命價值
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: