Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110526《法譬如水》利益人群當清淨

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110526《法譬如水》利益人群當清淨 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110526《法譬如水》利益人群當清淨   靜思晨語--20110526《法譬如水》利益人群當清淨 Empty周四 五月 26, 2011 11:34 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110526《法譬如水》利益人群當清淨   靜思晨語--20110526《法譬如水》利益人群當清淨 Empty周四 五月 26, 2011 3:21 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
時間無常,人命同樣也是無常,時間可以成就一切,但是人命也可以成就道業。
八正道:
正見、正思惟、正語
正業、正命、正精進
正念、正定

我們若是能好好把握時間,分秒都在「正精進」中,無論是正見、正思惟、正語、正業、正命、正精進、正念、正定,我們都在一個正字中來使用時間,我們的生命就可以成就道業。
今天說的「正命」,命就是在呼吸間,是不是光有呼吸就有生命呢?當然人活著和呼吸分秒都不能有差錯,一個呼吸出和入是在幾秒中,我們如果能協調、順暢,我們的生命就算是健康。不過,健康的生命,到底要如何去利用它?就是因為有健康的生命,若是沒有健康的思想,生命和時間愈長,我們的業就愈重。假使如果生命和時間能夠長,我們能有正確的利用,當然這就是成就道業。
從事正當清淨
不違因果
利益人群的職業
稱之「正命」

不過,我們人往往就是會,疏忽掉生命的使用方向。看到我們社會在做的事業、從事的職業,看起來很多人為了生活不顧一切,很多都是損害生靈,生命應該如何活?若能在這個大地上和平共存,看大地上有很多生命,看起來就很精彩。
我們有時候看到影片,在介紹地理、看動物。你們去看,有很多山、水、樹木,很美的境界。你看到鹿在那邊走、看到牛在那裡吃草,看到小動物在土地上、草地上,那怕只是一隻蟲在葉子上面爬。你們看,這個世間增添了多少美的境界。看我們在這裡坐著,我在說話,鳥在叫。看,增添多少生氣!多麼美的內容呢?所以人,若能和一切生命物和平共處,那就是淨土了。
就像八功德水,還有七寶行樹,還有各種鳥在叫,你想,這就叫做淨土。人間也能這樣,很多生靈共處一起,多好啊!所以佛經裡面,有一段這樣的故事:
就是波耶王在他的國家,以他的德來領導這個國家,使整個國家的人民,生活得非常安詳,全國都是持齋素食,沒有殺生的。所以全國真的是生命共同體,所以他不治而安。不用治理,全國非常平安,人與人之間互愛、人與動物之間疼愛,十分和氣,所以士、農、工、商非常祥和的社會。
其他有一個國家,另外一個國王,覺得波耶王所領導的國家,怎麼那麼豐富?風調雨順、物豐民安。這個國家怎麼這麼美呢?就對他的大臣說:「我很羡慕這種國家,我若能取得這個國家不知道多好!」有的大臣就附和那位國王,有的向國王諫正不可,應該要和平共處。
國王聽了之後,還是覺得那個國家,實在是令人很嚮往,所以他決定要取得這個國家。
這個消息透露出去,那些響應國王的大臣開始準備。波耶王這個國家波羅奈國,人民一開始聽到就怕了,就傳給國王,國王聽到這個消息,他覺得為什麼要這樣爭奪呢?擾亂人了民心,讓國民人人惶恐!只要有戰爭,老百姓必定有傷害,何況勞軍動眾,這都是有損傷。
所以他自己就這樣想:「何必呢?何必與人爭?何必與國爭?無論是那個國家、這個國家,同樣是生命共存的地方,何必起爭端?一個人一張嘴一個口,無法同時吃幾樣東西。一個身體也無法同時穿很多衣服,還有什麼好爭的?」所以他決定離開那個國家,他覺得自己如果離開,大家自然不會為了國王,要守住這個國家而和對方敵對。
所以他留下一封信,向他的大臣說:「一定要保持全國人民平安,不可動兵、不可動兵器。就是要以人民平安為重。」離開了他就跑到深山中,想要好好過一生平靜的日子,與天地共處。
但是過了一段平靜的日子,有一天一位老人,非常年老了,從山中經過。看到他全身好像很疲倦,很累的樣子,好像很餓,也好像很貧窮。波耶王就主動去問這位老人:「你是從哪裡來?你看起來很累,來,在這裡休息一下。」
這位老人家就說:「是!我很累。請問從這個地方要到波羅奈城有多遠?你知道嗎?」「知道啊!這個地方再過去,起碼要十幾天的路程。」
這位老人就說:「現在國王怎麼樣?平安嗎?健康嗎?」這位國王說:「他人很好,很健康、很平安。」
「我安心了。」
國王就問:「你怎麼這麼關心國王呢?」
他說:「是啊!國王是好人,他不忍心人民受苦難,有求必應,我這回就是要去求國王。」國王就問:「你要去求國王什麼事呢?」老人說:「我已經很累了,一生很貧窮。我有孩子,我的孩子也要跟著我過這麼貧窮的生活。我很期待我的貧窮到我這個時代就結束,讓我的子孫能夠富有。這是我的心願,所以我要去求國王,讓我能夠脫離貧困。」
國王聽了覺得這位老人有這樣的願望,要讓他的子孫脫離貧困,所以他覺得這就是他要再利用生命的時候了。當他做國王的時候,有財物可以幫助人民,現在已經棄國了,已經把國家捨去,現在只有這個身體,這一生就只是在這裡活下去,無法利益人群,覺得這就是機會。所以他就跟老人說:「來!老人,我跟你說,我就是!我就是那位國王。」他就將外國要侵佔他的國家,他為了國家、人民、大家的平安,所以離開,把這個因緣說給他聽。
然後他就跟這位老人說:「但是我現在這個身體還有價值,你把我的頭拿去,送到國王面前,他絕對會賞你。因為現在那位國王一直在找我,我還在時他不能安心。你把我的頭送到國王面前,他會安心,他會送你很多東西。」
這位老人說:「不行,絕對不行,我一定要保護國王你,你有這分德行,對待人民這麼隆高濃厚的德,我不能違背天命來殺害國王。」
國王就說:「這是我的心願,你若不敢下手,我自己來。但是你要記得。」他一說完,拿起刀就把自己的頭割斷了。
老人十分悲痛,但是國王這分心意,這位老人,真的將國王的頭包起來,非常地恭敬走到城裡,向城裡的人說:「我要送給國王一樣,過去國王的禮物。」
到底過去的國王在哪裡呢?大家聽到這個訊息,趕快把這位老人,送到現在這位國王面前。是什麼呢?就說是國王的首級。就是頭!打開來看,叫過去的大臣來認是不是?過去的大臣一認出來,呼天叩地,滿朝文武官員看到國王的頭,大家有的人哭到死去活來。
這位新的國王覺得:「這位國王這麼得人心,我錯了。」又聽到城外,這個消息已經傳到城外,所有的人民也已經全都聚集到皇宮來了,這種舉國悲痛,可以證明這位國王深入民心,所以這位新王他覺得後悔了,做了一件逆天命。
所以趕快把首級,趕快叫老人帶路到國王的地方,趕快叫人,把他的身體和頭接起來,用金、銀、蠟,讓他的身體恢復完整,整理好身體,把身體請回皇宮,在那裡,又讓他好像坐在帝位一般,三十二年。等到這位國王的太子,已經成熟了、長大了,那個時候能夠掌領國政,就讓那位太子登基。
這段經文佛陀這麼說:「你們可知道過去生中,我利用生命,在人間來來回回修行,利用生命利益人群,以生命來教導眾生,這就是過去修行過程中的一世。」
所以人生,一段一段人生生命的過程,我們到底要如何活?要如何活得真正有意義?活得真正有生命的價值?我們從佛的經典中,我們可以處處看到生命的價值觀。
正命者能成道業
發揮生命的價值
反之則造惡業

所以生命、生活的價值若是看得透,沒有什麼,就是在呼吸間而已。各位,利用生命,在時間中能夠成就道業,我們的生命若不是正命,思惟、思想、造業若是偏差了,再長的時間同樣也是造業。所以大家要利用生命存在的時候,要趕緊把握時間,利用好我們的生命。所以大家要多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110526《法譬如水》利益人群當清淨   靜思晨語--20110526《法譬如水》利益人群當清淨 Empty周六 五月 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Benefit Humanity Through Acts of Purity (利益人群當清淨)

Time never stands still. Human life is also impermanent. Anything can be accomplished with time. We can also accomplish our spiritual cultivation. If we can make good use of time, we can practice Right Diligence at every moment. Whether with Right View, Right Thought, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Diligence, Right Mindfulness or Right Concentration, we make “right” use of time and we can become accomplished in spiritual practice.

Today’s topic is Right Livelihood. Life exists between breathes is life just about being able to breathe? Of course, to stay alive, we must breathe properly. Inhalation and exhalation occur in seconds. If nothing goes wrong and this process is smooth, it means we are healthy. However, how are we going to make use of this healthy life? If we have a healthy life with an unhealthy mentality, the longer we live, the more karma we accumulate. If our life lasts a long time and we use it correctly, then we can be successful in our spiritual cultivation.

Be upright and pure in you work and do not disregard the law of cause and effect. Engage in an occupation that benefits humanity. This is called Right Livelihood.

However, as human, we often neglect to think about how we use our lives. Look at the different businesses in our society. From the different occupations we can see that many people, in order to make a living, engage in work that harms other living creatures.

How should we live in this world? We should harmoniously coexist with all beings. Look at how wonderful and delightful it is to see many different species living on the land. Sometimes, we may see nature footage showing various parts of the world and their animals. The mountains, rivers and trees of those places are beautiful. See the deer trotting around, the cows grazing in the pastures, and tiny animals on the land and in the grass. Even a bug crawling in a leaf can add so much beautiful to our world. As we sit here, I am speaking and the birds are chirping. Their sounds create much vitality and truly enrich the world.

So if mankind can peacefully coexist with all living creatures, the world will be a Pure Land, with the Waters of Eight Merits & Virtues, Trees of the Seven Gems and sounds from all kinds of birds. This is how Pure Lands described. Our world can be like this, a wonderful place where everything coexists.

There is story in the Sutras about King Payas, who reigned over his kingdom with virtue. His people enjoyed very peaceful lives. They were all vegetarians, no one killed any animals, so in this kingdom, all living creatures coexisted in harmony. Thus he reigned peacefully and effortlessly. Without needing management the country was peaceful and safe. Humans loved one another and cherished the animals. It was very harmonious. People from all walks of life worked well together.

There was a king from another kingdom who saw how King Payas was able to lead his country to enjoy such abundance. With good weather, abundance and peace, the country was so beautiful. So this other king told his ministers, “I really envy this kingdom. It would be great if it would be mine. Some of the ministers supported the king. Others cautioned him against it and suggested that they coexist peacefully. After hearing their opinions, the king still yearned to own that country, so he decided to conquer it.

With that, the ministers who agreed with him began to prepare for an invasion. In the kingdom of Varanasi ruled by king Payas, the citizens were terrified when they heard this. When the king heard the news, he felt, “Why fight like this? It disturbs the people and puts them in a state of fear. When there is war, the citizens will most certainly suffer. When troops are mobilized to fight, there will inevitably be loss of life.” So he thought to himself, “Why do this? Why fight with other people? Why fight with other countries? No matter which kingdom we are part of, we all coexist on the same piece of land. Why be embroiled in conflict? Each person has one mouth and can only take one bite of food at a time. Each person has one body and can only wear one set of clothes at a time. So what is there to fight over?” so he decided to leave his country.

He felt that if he left, people would not have to fight to defend the kingdom on his behalf. So he left a letter instructing his ministers to ensure the citizens’ safety. They were not to mobile the army or any weapons. The citizens’ safety was their priority. With that, he went deep into the mountains to lead a peaceful and quite life, and be one with nature. After peaceful period of time, one day, a very old man passed through this part of the mountain. The king saw that the man looked very tired and hungry, and appeared to be poor. So King Payas asked him, “Where are you from? You look very tired. Come, rest here for a while.” The old man replied, “Yes, I’m very tired. Do you know how far it is from here to the City of Varanasi?” “Yes, the journey will take over ten days.”

The old man asked, “How is the king doing? Is he safe and healthy?” The king replied, “He is safe and well, and also in good health.” The old man said. “I feel at ease now.” The kind asked, “Why are you so concerned about the king?” The old man said, “The king is a good man, He could never bear to see people suffer and always helped fulfill their needs. I have a request for him.” The king asked, “What will you ask for?” he said, “I am very tired. My whole life, I have been poor. I have a child who lives in hardship with me. I pray that poverty will end with my generation, so my descendants can in prosperity. This is my heart’s wish. So I want to ask the king to lift us out poverty.” When the king heard that this old man hoped for his descendants to transcend poverty, he felt that it was time for him to put his life to good use again. When he was king, he had the wealth to help his people. Once he gave up his throne, all he had left was his body. If he were to continue living such a life, he could not benefit people in any way. He felt this was his opportunity.

He said to the old man, “Come, let me tell you, I am the king you are looking for. He told the old man about how the other king. Planned to invade his kingdom and how he left for his people’ sake. After he explained this, he told the old man, “But now. This body of mine still has some value. Take my head to the new king. He will surely reward you handsomely because he has been searching for me. His mind cannot be at ease knowing that l am alive. If you bring him my head, he will finally reset easy and give you a great reward. The old man said, “No, absolutely not! I am must protect you, my kind. You treat your people with such virtue. I can’t go against heaven’s will and kill a king.”

The king insisted, “This is my wish. If you dare not do this, I will do it myself. But remember what I told you. After he said this, the king took out his sword and beheaded himself. The old man mourned, but since it was the king’s last wish. He wrapped the head and brought it reverently into the city. He told to people of the city, “I have a gift for the king from the old king.” The people had been wondering where the old king was, so when they heard this, they quickly brought the old man to the new king. “What is the gift?” “It is King Payas’s head. 1827

The new king called King Payas’s ministers to identify the head. The ministers wailed in grief when they recognized him. Both civilians and military officials wept profusely and were ravaged by grief. When the new king saw how beloved King Payas was, he though, “I made a mistake.” Once the news spread outside of the city, all the citizens gathered at the palace. This nationwide display of sorrow proved how the people deeply loved King Payas. The new king was filled with regret and realized he had acted against the will of heaven.

So he quickly asked the old man to take them to where the king lived and quickly instructed people to sew the king’s head back onto his body. Then they embalmed the body using gold, silver, and wax and put it in order. They brought the body back to the palace and placed it on the throne. It remained there for 32 years. Until King Payas’s son came of age and took over the throne to rule the country.

In the Sutra, the Buddha said, “Do you know that in my previous lives, I used my life in this world to practice, to benefit people, to teach and guide sentient beings?” This was one of my lives in that process.” So how do we want to live each of our lives throughout our lifetimes of practice? How can we live meaningfully? How can we bring value to our lives? In the Buddhist sutras, we see many teachings about the true value of life.

People with Right Livelihood can accomplish their spiritual cultivation, and fully realize the value of their lives. Otherwise, they will create bad karma.

If we can see through the value of life, we see there is nothing to it, it simply exists between breaths. Everyone, if make use of our lives, we can advance in our practice over time. But if we do not have Right Livelihood and stray in our thoughts &actions, then no matter how long we live, we are just creating karma. So everyone, while we are still alive we must seize the moment and make good use of our lives. So please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水).
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110526《法譬如水》利益人群當清淨
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: