Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110603《法譬如水》行中道付出無所求

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29098
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110603《法譬如水》行中道付出無所求 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110603《法譬如水》行中道付出無所求   靜思晨語--20110603《法譬如水》行中道付出無所求 Empty周五 6月 03, 2011 3:43 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110603《法譬如水》行中道付出無所求   靜思晨語--20110603《法譬如水》行中道付出無所求 Empty周五 6月 03, 2011 5:19 am

【證嚴上人開示】
我們昨天說過了,凡夫有偏見,他把人間的一切,當作是常樂我淨,有常、有樂、有我、有淨。所以「執有」,世間就分出很多名相,難免就是你爭我奪、爭鬥不休,這就是凡夫。
修行的人在二乘,聲聞、緣覺,都是獨善其身,他看得透,知道人間名利欲念一切皆空,所以什麼都沒有,既然什麼都沒有,何必做?既然什麼都沒有,還有什麼想要得的呢?所以他就一切都是空的。這是「二乘偏空」。
無論是「執有」或是「執空」,對我們求學佛法的人都沒有利益,因為我們學佛就是為了要成佛,所以發心立願,學佛必定要經過這條菩薩道,菩薩道就是需要走入人群,就是需要為人群去付出。我們走入人群,才有機會真正學佛,所以人間是我們的道場,人群中是我們的助緣。道場也需要有助緣,助緣中,有順的增上緣,有逆增上緣。
順的增上緣,我們要堅定我們的意志,不要在順境中迷失了。逆的增上緣,我們也同樣要堅持,時時提高警覺。
雖然世間我們所看到的無常,也沒有什麼可快樂的地方,也沒有一個我,不過,如果沒有這個「我」,我們要怎麼修行呢?還是一樣有我,不過,我是大我,是生命共同體,與天下眾生的生命共為一體。
所以我們才說,人傷我痛,人苦我悲,還是不離開我。不過就是要去付出、去體會,體會眾生的苦難也是我。只要我們有我而不執著,這樣我們就能守於中道。
學佛一定要走入人群
行於中道付出無所求
就不會「執有」而落入煩惱
或是「執空」而獨善其身
清淨的智慧自然展現

世間我們如果能學佛,保持住心的清淨,那麼我們看什麼都是乾淨的。
可還記得有一位志工,有一天走進病房,有一位老阿伯沒有親人,全身都很髒,都不肯讓護士幫他洗。我們這位志工,知道他不肯接受護士,老菩薩就慢慢用耐心,忍著那個人身上的臭味,也忍著他全身的骯髒,但是內心一直想著要愛,愛就要忍。所以世間一切,本來就是不清淨的。
「感恩啊!幸好有這位阿公,我才可以知道師父常說,世間沒有清淨的東西。」她運用不淨觀。「人生就是這樣,不只是阿公,就算我也會啊!」這位老菩薩,以這種觀念忍下來,後來她就用耐心和阿公談天說地。
本來這位阿公是什麼人都不理,但是看到她這麼有耐心,從以前的生活,以及現在阿公家裡的人、親戚等等的關係,他無形中就透露出他的心聲。
所以志工就把握機會說:「阿公,世間沒有什麼好計較的,養兒是義務,不要再想那麼多。我們現在要把握現在,讓大家看到我們,就起歡喜心最好。」
「要怎麼起歡喜心?我自己都很鬱悶了,怎麼會有歡喜心?」
我們這位菩薩就說:「你先讓大家看了歡喜,自然大家所表現出來的,就像你現在這樣,看到我歡喜嗎?」
阿公就說:「有啦!你可以那麼瞭解我,又那麼有愛心,所以我歡喜。」
她就說:「阿公!很多和我一樣的人。來,我幫你洗一洗。鬍子刮一刮、頭洗一洗、衣服幫你換一換,身上穿得乾淨,人家如果要來和你坐一坐,你也比較輕鬆。」
就這樣半強半硬,真的聽到阿公願意接受。
趕快叫我們的志工夥伴們,來啊!七手八腳趕快舀水!剃頭刀、剪刀都來了,把他的身體頭髮趕緊整理整理,鬍子刮一刮,頭和臉也都洗乾淨。接下來就順便跟他說:「頭髮都已經整理好了,身體順便,才能換新的衣服。」既然頭都洗了,也剃好了,真的很輕鬆。阿公真的就讓我們的委員和慈誠隊扶著,帶到浴室清洗。慈誠隊已經幫他洗好了,衣服也幫他換上了,開始躺在床上。
一下子他就說:「我好像,好像…。」
我們這位老菩薩,就在身邊跟他說:「阿公,你是要大便是嗎?等一下、等一下。」
「來不及了!」
她趕快用手去捧住。
那時我就問她:「你那時候不會覺得很臭、很可怕嗎?」
她說:「師父,我那時候就趕快想,咖啡的味道。」
看,這種污穢或是清淨,我們如果能轉個念頭,用愛去付出,對這些苦難無依的人,我們可以用那分的愛心,這樣力量就很大了。
所以說來,修行,我們不要執著在有常、有樂、有我、有淨;我們也不可以執著無常、無樂、無我、無淨。我們要看到這個境界就如何轉我們的心,凡事的境界都不執著於我們的心,這樣就對了,這樣我們就能得到「薩婆若果」。
薩婆若果
淨佛國土
成就眾生

「薩婆若果」翻譯出來,叫做一切智。一切智是世間無論是有情與無情,就是動物或是一切境界。動物包括人在內,有生命的眾生之物,一切智可以透視。人世間就是因為有情,所以煩惱偏多;就是因為有感覺,所以無明重重覆覆。
佛具一切智,他看透了這些情,也能瞭解這些煩惱的來源。可以這樣,這叫做一切智。處在有情中,但是他已經覺悟了,這也叫做一切智。
所以,一切種智,就是能夠透徹天下萬物。所以佛陀看天下就很超越,超越了宇宙萬物真理,所以這就是我們所要學的,如何才能夠得到這麼冷靜,不會受天下萬物動搖我們的心,也不受到天下萬物遮蓋了我們清淨的心。這都是我們要學的。
所以「薩婆若果」,就是一切智,也是諸佛究竟圓滿的果位。
學佛就是要學得
透徹天下萬物的智慧
保持住心的清淨
不被煩惱所遮蔽
不為外境所動搖

薩婆若果,這就是我們所要追求的目標。前一段時間,不斷跟大家說四心、六度,還有三十七助道品,這都是我們從凡夫的此岸,要能超越過這些煩惱,就能到達清淨的彼岸。我們如果到達清淨的彼岸,終點就是薩婆若果。
所以我們學佛,一定要有這樣堅定的心志,能這樣就是「淨佛國土、成就眾生」。我們常說修行就是要成佛,我們人人的心地佛土就能清淨。我們現在在凡夫地,要先建立內心的清淨佛土,等到將來,我們才能真正有一個理想的佛國。所以我們要有一個理想的佛之國度,必定要成就眾生。
你看,阿佛陀佛,佛經中說,阿彌陀佛要成就清淨的佛土,他也要發四十八願。釋迦牟尼佛,他是慈悲迴入娑婆,娑婆世界雖然是堪忍,雖然是五濁惡世,但是在佛心靈的淨土卻是清淨的。能來娑婆世界廣度眾生,也就是佛陀以清淨心靈的佛土,來來回回,不斷迴入娑婆,面對芸芸眾生來度化。
所以我們有很多人聽到佛的名號,念佛,內心就起生歡喜心,這也就是佛陀結了很多眾生緣,所以他能夠以他的佛號,普及眾生。
所以說來,我們必定要把過去所說的四心、六度、三十七助道品,一路下來常樂我淨,我們如能都看得很清楚,獲得一切種智之後,淨佛國土就能成就眾生。
各位,學佛,必定要有這分發心立願,所以我們記住,這段時間雖然說了很久,其實很簡單,就是能守住佛陀的教法,依教奉行。入眾生群中,我們要用這分大我無私的愛去付出,就是這樣了。
所以我最近常說:「自愛就是報恩。」我們都說要報佛恩、報父母恩、報眾生恩。都說要報恩,但是我們自己如果不自愛,我們會犯下很多的規戒。
佛陀心疼眾生,不斷沈淪在六道輪迴的苦海中,佛就會很心疼。我們如果不懂得自愛,在今生的父母,還是為我們很擔憂。父母唯其疾之憂,不論是在身體、心理,若有了偏差,在人群中,若是無法和別人相處,這也是給父母很大的擔憂。所以自愛就是報父母恩,就是報三寶恩。
我們還要自愛,我們才能報眾生恩。因為眾生,我們累生累世互為親子的關係,所以我們應該對所看到的一切眾生,不是今生此世的父母,便是過去生,要不然應該也是來生。這種你和他結了什麼緣,什麼緣就在六道中。
所以我們應該對一切眾生,我們一樣要起如父如母的心,這樣你要付出愛給他,就能很甘願,這也叫做報恩。報過去恩,或是報現在、未來恩。
我們還要報皇王水土恩。看天底下,我們生在這片土地上,怎麼樣才能活得很健康、活得很舒服。每一天第一樣就是要水,我們在生活呼吸間需要空氣。天地萬物、五穀雜糧,都對我們有恩。我們現在常說,天災就是因為人禍而起,人禍就是因為人人不自愛,不懂得疼惜天地萬物,所以這樣互相不斷循環,惡性循環,這種惡性循環,就是人不懂得自愛。
說起來這麼簡單,只要懂得自愛,我們就能報多少恩!對我們本身就有多少修養!所以付出就是感恩,感恩我們有這些因緣、有這些力量去付出,真的要感恩。
學佛應時時不忘報恩
報佛恩、報父母恩
報眾生恩、報皇王水土恩
付出得越多
越能體悟佛法的真諦

各位,我們在日常生活中的生活,真的要多用心。常樂我淨,大家也要多用一點心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110603《法譬如水》行中道付出無所求   靜思晨語--20110603《法譬如水》行中道付出無所求 Empty周六 6月 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Walk the Middle Way with Unconditional Giving (行中道付出無所求)

Yesterday I talked about the deviant views of ordinary people. They see everything in this world as permanent, blissful, pure and “Self”–existent. They are attached to this notion of “existence”. Thus, they get attached to the many names and labels they put on things. Inevitably they are in constant conflict, always fighting with others. They are ordinary people.

Hinayana practitioners, the Sravakas and Pratyekabuddhas, practice for their own benefit. They realize that fame, status and desires are all empty in nature, so nothing has real existence. Since nothing really exists, why do anything? Since nothing exists, what is there to gain? To them, everything is Empty. That is the deviated view of Hinayana practitioners. Attachment to either “existence” or “emptiness” is not beneficial to those seeking to learn the Buddha’s way. Since we learn Buddhism to attain Buddhahood we must make a great vow; we must first walk the necessary Bodhisattva-path. To do so, we must be among people and serve them. Only then will we have the opportunity to truly learn the Buddha’s way. This world is where we practice our spiritual path. Being among people is a helpful condition for us. We need helpful conditions wherever we practice. These helpful conditions can appear either favorable or adverse. Under favorable conditions, we must strengthen out will to practice. We cannot lose our way when things go well. Under adverse conditions, we must also remain firm and always raise our awareness.

Things in the world are impermanent, do not provide true happiness, and do not have a truly existing Self. So if this “Self” does not exist how do we practice? There is still a Self. However, this “Self ” is the greater Self, one where we feel interconnected and one with all sentient beings. Thus we say, ”When others are hurt , I feel their pain.” This sense of “I” is about giving and feeling others’ suffering as our own. When we are not attached to a Self, we can stay true to the Middle Way.

To learn Buddhism, we must walk among people, practice the Middle Way and give unconditionally, so we won’t cling to “existence” and be afflicted or cling to “emptiness” and only benefit ourselves. Thus, pure wisdom will naturally manifest.

If we can emulate the Buddha and maintain a pure mind, everything we see will be pure. I remember that one day, a volunteer walked into a hospital room and saw an old man alone, with no relatives. His body was very filthy but he refused to let the nurses bathe him. This volunteer knew that he refused to be bathed, so she endured his stench and filthy appearance to patiently chat with him. She kept thinking to herself, “If I want to care for him, I must tolerate this. Remember, everything in the world is unclean. I should be grateful for meeting him because now I understand what my teacher meant when she said that nothing in this world is clean.” By contemplating impurities, the volunteer realize, “Life is just this way. It’s not only this old man I am unclean, too.” With such a mindset, this elderly volunteer was able to endure and talked patiently with the old man.

He usually ignored everyone, but as she patiently asked about his life and his relationship with his family and relatives, he gradually revealed his innermost feelings. So she took this opportunity to say, “Grandpa, nothing is worth holding a grudge. Raising our children is our duty. Don’t think too much. Let us seize the moment so when they see us, a sense of joy will arise in them. How can I make them happy? I am depressed. Where will I find happiness?” Our volunteer told him, “If you look happy, then others will respond in kind. Take me for example, are you happy when you see me?”

The old man said, “Yes, you are very understanding and kind, so I am very happy to see you.”
She said, “There are many people like me. Let me help you clean up, shave your face, wash your hair, and help you into fresh clothes. Once you’re cleaned up, you will feel more comfortable and at ease when you have visitors.” She half cajoled and half forced him until he finally agreed to accept her help.

Then she quickly gathered the other volunteers. Some brought water, others brought a razor and scissors to cut his hair. They washed and shaved his face. Then they told him, “Since your hair is neat, why not take a bath so you can change into clean clothes.” With his hair washed and face shaved, he really felt refreshed. So he allowed our Tzu Chi Commissioners and Faith Corps members to help him into the bathroom. After the male volunteers bathed him and helped him put on clean clothes, he went back to lying on his bed. Within minutes, he said, “I think I am about to….” The volunteer who originally chatted with him asked, “Do you need to go to the toilet? Hold on just a second.” But it was too late, so she used her hands to catch his feces.

I asked her, “At that moment, weren’t you horrified by the stench?” She said, “Master, I just kept imagining it smelled like coffee.” Look, defilement and purity are just thoughts. If we can change our thinking and give lovingly to those who are suffering and alone, this heart of love will generate great strength. Thus, in spiritual cultivation we must not be attached to the false view that Permanence, Bliss, Self, and Purity exist, nor should we be attached to the false view that they do not exist either. Rather, it is about being able to adjust and transform our mind, not letting the mind be attached to phenomena. This is the correct way. By doing so we will attain the fruits of Sarvajna.

When we attain the fruits of Sarvajna, we will reach the Pure Buddha-land and help all sentient beings.

Sarvajna is Sanskrit for all-encompassing wisdom. This all-encompassing wisdom extends to everything in the world, sentient or not, animals or phenomena. Animals include humans and living beings. With all-encompassing wisdom, we can see into how, in this world, emotions and feelings cause much affliction. It is because of these feelings that we are covered by layers of accumulated ignorance. The Buddha had all-encompassing wisdom. He saw through these feelings and understood the source of these afflictions. Such understanding is called all-encompassing wisdom. Though He lived amongst sentient beings, He had already attained enlightenment. This is called all-encompassing wisdom. With such wisdom he had deep insight into everything in the universe. So the Buddha has a transcendent view of the world and penetrates the Truth of the universe. This is what we must strive to learn.

How can we remain composed so we will not be influenced by anything in the world, and not allow our pure minds to be covered by all the worldly phenomena? This is what we strive to learn. So Sarvajna is all-encompassing wisdom, Buddhas’ ultimate perfection.

We learn Buddhism to have the wisdom to see through everything in the world, to maintain the purity of our minds so they will not be covered by afflictions, and to remain unwavering under all circumstances.

The fruit of Sarvajna is the goal we must pursue. I have already spent some time talking about the 4 Immeasurables, 6 Perfections and the 37 Practices to Enlightenment. These teachings help us cross from the shore of ordinary beings, over the river of afflictions, to reach to opposite shore of purity. When we arrive at the other shore, we have reached the final destination of Sarvajna. Therefore, as we learn Buddhism, we must have steadfast resolve. If we can do so, then we can “realize the pure Buddha-land and help all sentient beings.” I often say we practice to attain Buddhahood. When our hearts are pure, we will realize the Buddha-land of purity. Right now we are in the state of ordinary of ordinary people. We must first create the pure Buddha-land. In our hearts, so in the future we can eventually establish a real, ideal Buddha-land.

To have an ideal Buddha-land, we must help sentient beings. In the case of Amitabha Buddha, according to the Sutras, Amitabha Buddha vowed to realize the pure land. He also made the forty eight vows. As for Sakyamuni Buddha, He returned to the Saha world repeatedly out of compassion. Though the Saha world is different to endure and is a degenerate world of Five Turbidities, in the mind of the Buddha it is pure. The Buddha can transform sentient begins. With his mind a pure Buddha-land, He repeatedly returned to this Saha world to teach and transform sentient beings. Thus, many people feel happy upon hearing or changing Buddha’s name. The Buddha formed affinities with many beings. So His name has reached sentient beings far and wide. So we must recall what has been said before, from the 4 Immeasurables, the 6 Perfections, the 37 Practice of Enlightenment to Permanence, Bliss, Self & Purity. If we see it all clearly, and attain All-encompassing Wisdom, we can realize the pure Buddha-land, and help all sentient beings.

To learn Buddhism, we must make this strong resolve. So remember that even though I have spent a great deal of time discussing this, everything is actually very simple. We just need to abide by the Buddha’s teachings, and practice them by working among people. We must give with the spirit of selfless Great Love. That is what we need to do.

Thus, I often say that self-respect is a way of repaying grace. We often speak of repaying Buddha, repaying our parents, and repaying sentient beings. We must repay their grace. But if we do not have love and respect for ourselves, we will violate many rules and precepts. The Buddha will not abandon sentient beings who suffer in the cyclic existence of the six Realms. The Buddha feels for us. If we do not have love and respect for ourselves, our parents in this lifetime will worry about us. That is the greatest worry of parents. If we are deviant in thinking or in conduct, then we cannot live in harmony with others. This will cause our parents tremendous worry. So self-respect is a way to repays parents’ grace, and the grace of the Three Treasures. We must also have self-respect to repay the grace of sentient beings.

Life after life, sentient beings have served as our parents and children. Thus, all of the sentient beings we encounter, at one time or another, have served as our parents—if not in this life, then in our past lives or in our future lives among the six realms, depending on the karmic affinity we form with them. Thus, we must treat all sentient beings just as if they are our parents. In this way, we can love them willingly. This is called repaying grace. Aside from relaying past, present, or future graces, we must also repay the Grace of Heaven and Earth.

We live on this vast Earth, under the heavens. How do we remain healthy and live comfortably? The first thing we need every day is water. We also need to breathe the air to survive. So we should be grateful everything in the world, for all our food. As we now often say, “Natural disasters arise from manmade calamities, which arise because of lack of self-respect.” If we do not cherish everything in the world, we will create a vicious cycle. This vicious cycle arises when people so not exercise self-respect.

So, this all sounds very simple. By exercising self-discipline, we can repay much grace and also become more spiritually cultivated. So giving is a way to show our gratitude. We are grateful to have the opportunity and the capability to give. So we really must be grateful.

As we learn Buddhism we must not forget to repay the grace of Buddha, of parents, of sentient beings, and of Heaven and Earth. The more we give, the more we realize the Truth of Buddha-Dharma.

Fellow practitioners, in our daily living we must always be mindful. We must also be mindful about Permanence, Bliss, Self, and Purity.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110603《法譬如水》行中道付出無所求
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: