Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110613《法譬如水》虔誠懺悔去無明

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110613《法譬如水》虔誠懺悔去無明 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110613《法譬如水》虔誠懺悔去無明   靜思晨語--20110613《法譬如水》虔誠懺悔去無明 Empty周一 6月 13, 2011 5:10 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
「是日已過,命亦隨減;如少水魚,斯有何樂。」雖然時日如逝,業力難除。我們每天過日子,都是在不知不覺中,去造下生生世世的業,既然如此,我們應該要下定決心。修行要把握時間,以無常的時間,來修永恆的道行。
所以這段懺文就是說,我們要:
披陳致禱
慚愧改革

我們真的要好好慚愧改革,我們若不能改除革過,永遠都留著這個習氣,就像一顆種子一樣,這個習氣留著,只要外面有因緣來了,一誘引就出去了。所以習氣真的要徹底改革,那要如何改革呢?這在懺文中很容易就看得出來。
舒瀝心肝
洗蕩腸胃
如此懺悔
何罪不滅 何福不生

我們好像徹頭徹尾都要經過清水洗滌過,所以說「舒瀝心肝」,就是把我們的心剖開,很用心地從頭至尾,都很乾淨地洗一次把心肝清洗,這就表示我們要很有誠意。
我們要改過,就要很有誠意去改,不要說:「好啦!我會慢慢改!我會多少改。」這種慢慢改、多少改,都改不掉。
讓你慢慢來,這個地方很髒,你在那裡慢慢清,清好了,因為你很慢,後面清過的已經又開始髒了。前面還沒清完,後面那些又都髒了。
就像一片土地,我們在除草。記得從前我們在種花生,我們這塊土地,種起農作物長得不是很好,不過,它有一樣,草很會長。當時我們的常住人少,說起來這塊土地也不小,我們除草沒有那個習慣、也沒有那個方法,想把草除乾浄一點,所以就蹲下來,拿一枝草鋤就一棵拉起來,慢慢掘、慢慢掘。想把土香(雜草名)這樣一條牽著一顆、一顆牽著一條,這個土香,想慢慢地鋤,能將整個土香都挖起來。工作要做得精就慢了,所以慢慢來。向前慢慢清理時,今天,明天回過頭來,後面的又長出來了,雜草叢生了。
這個「慢慢來」,實在是要不得。我們要知道方法,甚至要很「精」;「精」又要懂得方法,這個方法就是「勤」。只要你知道方法,如果不勤快一點,同樣慢慢來,後面,你向前除草,慢慢地來,但是回頭,後面的草又長了出來。這是身外的境界。
但若是內心的境界呢?就要靠自己了。不是有很多人可以來替我們清、替我們洗的,要看我們自己。我們是不是起了那分誠意?有沒有真正致禱、懺悔的心?有還是沒有?
「披陳」就是沒有隱覆住,我們要真正打開心肝,真正地虔誠致禱,好好地來「舒瀝心肝」。這是很重要的。
所以這段懺文看起來淺顯,用意很深。深在哪裡呢?
披陳致禱 慚愧改革
舒瀝心肝 洗蕩腸胃
披陳致禱、慚愧改革、舒瀝心肝,再來要「洗蕩腸胃」。連腸胃我們全都要洗、要通,要用很多水,用很多的功夫來洗蕩腸胃。若能如此,就表示我們身、口、意三業,身,我們要很清淨;口業,我們也要改過;心意,我們要很注意。所以我們若能於身口意三業,來做至誠的懺悔,如此「何罪不滅?何福不生?」
意思就是說,我們要以最虔誠的身口意三業,最清淨來懺悔,自然就像我們在洗心肝、洗腸胃一樣,整個都乾淨了,我們的業何罪不滅?我們的無明,什麼無明不除呢?所有的無明罪業,自然就消滅了。
時時以法水洗心
至誠懺悔身口意三業
所造作的罪與過
就能去除無明
罪業也隨之而滅

不過,大家不要以為我如果趕快來誦水懺,一直誦,自然就能把所有的罪業,都消除了。不是這樣,我們要真正虔誠懺悔面對接受,若能如此,我們就能消(業)。因為無明去除了,我們沒有無明在那邊糾結,罪業就過去了,因為時過業就過了。
所以我們如果知道虔誠懺悔,我們就已經知道,過去錯了,我都徹底改了,現在業報現前時,我歡喜受,這樣我們就不會再讓業因,隨著外面的業緣而糾纏。所以這樣,罪就能滅了。無明如果去除,罪就隨著時間過去而消滅掉了。
大家如果用心聽就知道我的意思。不是說我有在做好事,我也有改,為什麼我還會遇到這麼多不如意的事?碰到不如意的事是很自然的,因為過去既成的,現在現前哪裡有什麼不對呢?這是很自然的法則。知道了,就是這樣嘛!
只要我們已經洗心腸之後,我們就已經能瞭解了,就不會再起無明。如此不會起無明,明明歷歷的心,隨著今天開始的環境,不好的業,我們承受。該把握的好事,我們要趕緊做,若能如此,就是在累積一切的福。業若消,福就增。
就像我們在除草,草若除掉了,我們種下去好的種子,就會茂盛起來。同樣的意思,我們既然過去不知道,自己整個心地都是雜草,我們現在要趕快去除。它的好緣,太陽、空氣、水分,才能在好的種子周圍,幫助它成長起來。
都是一樣的意思,就像在耕耘我們的心地一般。我們懺悔,懺悔就像在洗心肝和肚腸一樣,一切要清淨。無明去除,業障才能消!我們這分真正清淨的心,向前前進,那福就生了。所以:
若復不爾
悠悠緩縱
情慮躁動

看!假使我們的無明沒有去除,如此悠悠,人生不知道無常在我們周圍,悠哉悠哉,這樣無所事事過日子,慢慢來,真是要不得。或是「縱情」,「緩」就是慢慢來,悠哉悠哉、慢慢來。
「是日已過、命亦隨減,如魚少水,思有何樂?」為什麼我們的人生,還要悠哉悠哉呢?不行啊!要像火燒到我們的眉毛一樣,要趕緊撥掉,要用很快的速度趕緊來反省。走上這條康莊的直道,應該要及時精進。
人生如果不是悠哉悠哉,就是放蕩,要不然就是很躁動,這種定不下心來。修行就期待的就是,讓我們有時間好好反省,讓我們有時間心能定靜下來。靜寂清澄,這不是我常常愛說的境界嗎?也是我最想追求的。
你看,只要沒有什麼緊要的事情,就是我一個人,有時要想事情,有時看看東西,感覺這個時間我們要盡量取得。我們如果沒有取得時間,庸庸碌碌,只是跑來跑去,就容易讓我們的心,被外面的境和人、事、物所擾動,難得心境的靜。
當然我們修行,若能修得動中而靜,在非常動亂中,我們這念心非常冷靜,若能這樣,這就是最好的境界。但是有些人,能讓你靜的時候,你靜不下來,只想跑到外面去,只想要去和人攀緣,這樣真是浪費人生。
修行者,雖然我們前面說過了,不執有也不執空,我們要行在中道。我們既然能看透,人生是苦空無常,如露亦如電,我們不需要去執著人我是非,我們不需要。但是社會世俗人,就是會執著人我是非,隨著人我是非而躁動,無法安定下來。
雖然我們不執著這些,不過,我們要關心社會。有時候我們修行,有了一念偏差,就說,可怕!人生這麼無常,我要趕緊找一個靜寂的境界。我不要和人在一起,都不要做事情,我就是一切皆空。這樣就不對了!我們應該要將心把持住,在人群中,動的境界中,但是我們的心、心情、情慮一定要冷靜下來。這叫做靜寂清澄的境界。
但是這個境界,我們自己擾動了,非常煩躁靜不下來,自己要出去攀緣,這樣一定是躁動。各位,這種境界,可能大家要很用心去體會。
修行的目的就是
要在人群、動的境界中
讓心處於靜的狀態
心若能恆常清澄寂靜
無任何邪念煩惱
對外在紛亂的世界
自然能觀照得清清楚楚

我們行菩薩道,不離開四無量心、六波羅蜜,修行的過三十七助道品,這在之前,一直都跟大家很用心地說過了,所以請諸位,我們大家要記得這段文章。
我們如果沒有好好懺悔,如果沒有好好將心肝腸胃完全洗清,其實會很擔心。我們這種習氣,很容易又被外面的境界所牽引,所以不能慢慢來,我們要以精確的速度精進,但是心要靜,靜寂清澄。心若能靜寂,周圍的境界就明明歷歷,好像是一面鏡子,外面的境界,鏡子所映照的分分明明;境界過去以後,這面片鏡子還是清淨的。
這就是我們要下功夫的地方,所以我們不能放縱,要不然我們的人生會變成:
悠悠緩縱
情慮躁動
徒自勞形
於事何益

這樣我們老是說要修行,到底是怎麼修的呢?實在對我們一點沒有益處,所以我們要十分警惕。
人命啊!人命無常,這種境界那麼複雜,要好好單純我們的心境,洗淨我們的心,實在是要很用心。到底有多久的時間,還能讓我們慢慢來呢?所以我們真的要好好警惕,人命無常!
修行不必如何轟轟烈烈出名,不必啦!安安分分守己,能安然過一生,這就是最難得的。學佛,請大家守住修行的本分就對了。希望大家要知道人生是無常!大家要多用心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110613《法譬如水》虔誠懺悔去無明   靜思晨語--20110613《法譬如水》虔誠懺悔去無明 Empty周二 6月 14, 2011 11:16 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110613《法譬如水》虔誠懺悔去無明   靜思晨語--20110613《法譬如水》虔誠懺悔去無明 Empty周二 6月 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Sincerely Repent To Eliminate Ignorance (虔誠懺悔去無明)

“With each passing day, we draw closer to death. Like fish in decreasing water, how is there joy?” Thought the days are passing, the karmic force is still difficult to eliminate. We remain unaware as we live our lives, and continue to create karma, life after life. Therefore, we must make a resolution and seize each moment to practice. Let us use these impermanent moments to engage in practices that will last forever.

Here, the Water Repentance states, “we must, confess, pray and change out shame.”

We truly should be ashamed and change. If we cannot reform ourselves, these habits will always remain. These habits, like seeds, will remain and sprout whenever certain karmic conditions arise. Once we are tempted, these habits arise. So we must thoroughly change and eliminate habits. How do we do so? It is clearly indicated in the Repentance Text.

Thoroughly repent as if you are cleaning the hart & liver and rinsing the intestines & stomach. Through such repentance, what evil cannot be extinguished? What blessings cannot be created? “Clean the heart & Liver.”

We repent as if to wash ourselves with water thoroughly from head to toe. So “cleaning the heart & liver” is about opening up the mind and carefully washing it from top to bottom. This shows our sincerity in wanting to change. We should be sincere in changing ourselves. Let us not say, “Okay, I’ll work on it gradually. Yeah, I will change, more or less.” With such a mentality, we will never succeed in changing. It is like taking our time cleaning a dirty place, saying, “We will clean it gradually.”

As we clean very slowly, it will take so long that the sections we have cleaned are filthy again. Before we even finish cleaning, the space will be dirty again. This is much like weeding a field. I remember we used to grow peanuts. Crops did not grow well on our land. However, the weeds flourished. At the time, there were only a few of us. This land was of considerable size. Removing weeds was no something we did regularly, and we did not know how to do it. To try to clear the weeds completely, We knelt down with a sickle and tried to pull them out one by one. We wanted to pull out the purple nutsedge through its interconnected roots and tubers. If we dug slowly, we could dig up all the plants.

But to do so thoroughly took a long time. Since we were cleaning it so slowly, when we came back a few days later, the weeds were flourishing in the same place again. Doing things “gradually” or “slowly” is completely unfeasible. We need to understand the proper method and be very meticulous in carrying it out. When we are meticulous and know the method, this is being diligent. If you know the right method, but do it slowly, and not diligently, as you weed and move forward slowly, whenever you look back, weed will be flourishing in the area you just cleared.

This is an example in our external environment. What about in the environment of our minds? We have to rely on ourselves. No one else can do the cleaning for us. We need to look to ourselves. Are we sincere? Are we truly praying? Are we truly ashamed? When we confess, we do not cover or hid anything. We truly open our minds to sincerely pray so we can “clean the heart & liver.” This is very crucial.

Although these passages look simple, they have deep meanings. What is so deep? They tell us to pray, repent and clean ourselves. Next, we need to “rinse the intestines & stomach.” To cleanse and clear them requires a lot of water and it requires a lot of effort. This passage is really about purifying our actions, speech, and thoughts. We must be pure in our actions, we need to change the way we speak, and we should be very mindful our thoughts.

Hence, if we can repent, the Threefold Karma of body, speech, and mind, with utmost sincerity, then “what evil cannot be extinguished? What blessing cannot be created?”
We must repent with utmost reverence and purity in our actions, speech and thought.
This is like completely cleaning our insides. When everything is clean, what karma or wrongdoing will remain? What ignorance cannot be eliminated? All ignorance and bad karma will naturally be eliminated.

We should constantly wash out minds with Dharma-water, and with utmost sincerity repent the Threefold Karma, all wrongdoings and faults. Doing so can eliminate ignorance, and bad karma will disappear along with it.

However, we should not mistakenly think that if we simply recite the Water Repentance, and our bad karma will be eradicated. This is not so. We must repent sincerely and with total acceptance. By doing so we can eliminate our karma. Once we eliminate ignorance, we will no longer be entangled by it and bad karma will pass. Over time, karma will naturally be exhausted. So if we know to sincerely repent, that means we already know that we were wrong and will thoroughly reform. When karmic retributions manifest, we accept them joyfully.

In this way, we will not be entangled by the meeting of karmic causes and conditions.
Then our bad karma will be eliminated. If we eradicate ignorance, bad karma will diminish and disappear with time. If you are listening carefully, you will understand what I mean. We cannot think, “I am doing good deeds, I have changed, why do bad things still happen to me?” Encountering misfortune is natural. Since we planted these karmic seeds in the past, why would it be strange that they bear fruit now? This is a Law of Nature. So now we know this is the way it is. Once we have cleansed ourselves internally, we can understand this and will not give rise to ignorance again. With clear minds, starting today, we accept our karmic retribution and at the same time seize the moment to do what is good. By doing this, we are accumulating all manner of blessings. Once karma is eliminated, blessings will increase. This is similar to weeding. Once we pull out the weeds, the good seeds we plant will flourish.

Similarly, in the past we didn’t know that our minds were filled with weeds. Now that we know, we will quickly pull them up. When good conditions like sun, air and water surround good seeds, they will help them grow. We cultivate our minds just like a field. Repentance is like washing our heart, liver, stomach and intestines. We need to thoroughly cleanse everything. We need to eliminate ignorance to eradicate karmic obstacles. When we move forward in our practice with truly pure minds, blessings will arise.

If we do not do this we are either relaxed or indulgent, or our minds are agitated and restless.”

When we do not eliminate our ignorance, we tend to take it easy we do not know impermanence lurks around us. Relaxedly passing our days like this, doing nothing to change, and taking it slowly are all things we mustn’t do. We must not be indulgent and move at a relaxed, leisurely pace. We cannot! “With each passing day, we draw closer to death. Like fish in decreasing water, how is there joy?” How can we pass our lives in this idleness? We must not. It is as if our eyebrows are on fire; we must quickly put them out. So we must quickly self-reflect.

When we walk on this broad and straight path, we must do so with urgency and diligence. If people aren’t relaxing and talking it easy, they are indulgent, or else they are very restless and cannot settle their minds. In our practice, we hope to have time to self-reflect and to calm our minds. Don’t I often speak of the state of tranquility and purity? It is the state to which I most aspire. You see, whenever there are no urgent matters and I am by myself, sometimes I contemplate and sometimes I read I feel we need to take advantage of these moments. If we do not do so, we will always be busy and chasing after something. Then our minds will easily be disturbed by external conditions, people and matters. It is rare for our minds to be still.

Of course, if we can practice calmness in the midst of activity, remain cool and collected in the midst of utter chaos, that is the best frame of mind. However, some people cannot quiet down they have the opportunity. They wish to run around and socialize. This is truly a waste of their life.

I mentioned previously, as practitioners, we must not be attached to either Existence or Emptiness. We must practice the Middle Way. Since we realize that life is full of suffering, Emptiness and Impermanence, transient like dew drops or lightning, we do not need to cling to who is right or wrong. However, ordinary people will cling to those conflicts. They will be agitated by them and cannot calm their minds.

Even though we are not attached to these conflicts we still need to care about society. Sometimes we develop a misguided view in our practice and say, “The impermanence of life is scary. I need to quickly find a tranquil environment away from people, where I will not do anything. Then I can experience complete Emptiness.” This is incorrect. Our minds must be firm. We may be among others, in an active environment, but our minds, emotions and feelings must calm and composed. This is called a state of stillness & clarity. But sometimes we disturb this state ourselves. We become very agitated and cannot calm down. We want to go out and do things our way. This is a state of restlessness that we all need to understand.

The goal of spiritual practice is, while among others or in an active environment, to keep our mind in a state of peace and calmness. If our minds can remain pure and tranquil, without any evil thoughts or afflictions, then we can clearly see and reflect on the chaos in the world.

Walking on the Bodhisattvas-path requires the 4 immeasurables, 6 Perfections, and the 37 Practices to Enlightenment. I have previously described all these methods in great detail.

So everyone, please remember today’s passage. If we do not sincerely repent, if we do not thoroughly cleanse and rinse our insides, then we should be very worried. If we still have bad habits, we will easily be misled by external phenomena. So we cannot take it slowly. We need to practice diligently and precisely. But our minds should be calm, tranquil and clear. If our minds are still, we can see our surroundings clearly. Our minds will be like a mirror that clearly and distinctly reflects external phenomena. Once the phenomena pass, the mirror is still clean and clear. This is what we need to worked on. So we cannot be self-indulgent. Otherwise, our lives will be either “relaxed and indulgent or agitated and restless. Though we look busy, what is the benefit?”

We often speak of spiritual practice, but how exactly do we practice? Some behaviors are not beneficial to us at all. Thus we must be very vigilant. Life is impermanent. Our circumstances can be so complicated. To simplify and purify our minds truly require much mindfulness. Do we have time to take it slowly? So, we really need to be vigilant of life’s impermanence.

Spiritual practice is not about being famous. That is unnecessary. Fulfilling our fundamental responsibilities and leading an unremarkable life is the hardest thing to do. As we learn Buddhism, let us uphold the core duties of practitioners. I hope we all realize the impermanence of life. Everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水).
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110613《法譬如水》虔誠懺悔去無明
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: