Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110623《法譬如水》調伏自心不受境轉

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29098
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110623《法譬如水》調伏自心不受境轉  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110623《法譬如水》調伏自心不受境轉    靜思晨語--20110623《法譬如水》調伏自心不受境轉  Empty周四 6月 23, 2011 11:36 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110623《法譬如水》調伏自心不受境轉    靜思晨語--20110623《法譬如水》調伏自心不受境轉  Empty周四 6月 23, 2011 6:04 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
每天都在說「要如何調整心地意境?」實在很重要。
我們每一天面對環境,對人、對事、對物,心要調好,才不會在不知覺中,對境界的一切起很多煩惱。因為我們有煩惱,所以起種種迷惑,所以做了很多錯誤的事。所以因為這樣,我們應該要懺悔。
第一先應懺悔煩惱障
而此煩惱 皆從意起

「懺悔煩惱障」,就是要懺悔煩惱障,有很多煩惱,就是從一念無明起,所以我們從現在開始,常常要起懺悔心。因為煩惱會對我們有障礙,所以我們必定要警惕自己,時時起這分懺悔的心。
「此煩惱皆從意起」,其實,煩惱都是從我們的心意而起。
所以者何,到底是怎麼樣呢?
所以者何
意業起故
則身與口
隨之而動

「意業起故,則身與口隨之而動。」
我們常說「三業」,三業最重要的,就是從心先起業。這個心的一念動起來,後面跟著的是身、口。
身是動作,一念不歡喜的心生起,我們的表情,我們的動作(隨之而動)。你看有人如果不高興,臉色就很不好看了,做起事來舉輕摔重,輕輕的東西,拿起來隨手重重地摔下去,這就知道這個人內心的起意,就是「瞋」,發脾氣、不歡喜,這也是從意業起。所以身體的動作就出來了。
這種身體動作在日常生活中,不知道多少次?因為我們做人一定要做事,做事一定要和別人在一起,和人在一起,別人做不一定是我們中意的,別人說得不一定是我們歡喜的,所以「意」一起,身體的動作很明顯。
除了身以外,就是「口」了。一句不好聽的話,心就發起脾氣,回他一句話,比對方說出來所讓我們聽到的,更難聽的話。口就是這樣,心若是對這個人不歡喜,自然口就隨便說話,到處去搬弄是非。口業也是從意而起!
我們的「意」如果不動,外面的境界無論如何,我們的意業不動,自然身業、口業不起。所以我才跟大家說,我們要時時調伏我們的心。我們的心,如果能調到對境不動心,這樣我們的修養就很好了。
意業不動
則身業、口業不起
能時時調伏自心
不受境界轉動
就是修養

記得很多、很多年前,有一個家庭小姑、嫂嫂,兩個人的感情很好。這個小姑,她覺得這個嫂嫂很好,但是,自己的母親對嫂嫂很不好,無論嫂嫂做得多好,這個婆婆怎麼都不歡喜,甚至說話時時都是挖苦諷刺。但是小姑聽了很生氣,就會對自己的母親說:「這樣你就錯了,嫂嫂又沒有錯。」媽媽就愈生氣。
嫂嫂就會跟小姑說:「媽媽這樣說也沒有錯。」
小姑就說:「你怎麼那麼傻!媽媽說一句話,就是在嫌你怎麼怎麼樣!」
嫂嫂就說:「我不覺得!我覺得媽媽說是對的!」所以小姑一直覺得嫂嫂很傻,媽媽怎麼說諷刺她的話,都聽不懂。
所以有一次,嫂嫂小姑相約而來,小姑當然一直誇讚嫂嫂,一直都說媽媽怎麼不好。
我就問這位嫂嫂:「你婆婆對你這樣,你都不覺得嗎?」
她說:「師父,我真的不覺得,我覺得我可能做錯了,婆婆才會念我。我覺得這是應該的,我不覺得啊!」
我再問她一次:「妳難道不覺得很鬱悶,被別人冤枉或是怎樣?」
她說:「哪有什麼冤枉呢?長輩罵我們,我們如果是對的,她說我們不對,我們不要聽就好了,不對的不要聽。我只要知道我做得對就好了!」
小姑又說了:「那不只是說她對不對而已,有時候那樣挖苦她,她也說她聽不懂。」
那時候我就說:「老實說,妳嫂嫂真的很有智慧,妳一直說妳嫂嫂傻,傻的人是妳!」
她說:「怎麼是呢?」
我說:「對啊!不管媽媽怎麼說,嫂嫂這樣想是對的,再怎麼樣也是長輩啊!即使自己做得對,心理知道自己做得對,長輩如果說不對,我們就不要去對立,不要去回嘴。過後,媽媽就知道嫂嫂做的是對的。她不要去聽,說我們不對的不要聽,自己知道對的就好了。如果說道挖苦,妳嫂嫂又不覺得,她聽不懂,大智若愚,聽不懂就好了,妳何必替她生氣呢?『拿別人的錯誤來懲罰自己』,那跟妳又沒有關係,妳在氣什麼?」
想一想就說,倒也是。其實我對我的婆婆,我一天到晚都和她吵架,因為她說的話我都聽得懂,所以我就會跟她辯論,婆婆就很生氣。我覺得我是對的!」
我說:「是啊!妳嫂嫂都不曾和妳媽媽吵過架,這樣是不是平安多了?相安無事!妳的哥哥好做人。如果像妳,什麼都聽得懂,和婆婆不斷互相針鋒相對,那妳先生呢?」
她說:「我先生常常說讓他很難做人,像是夾心餅。」
我說:「是啊!何必呢?這樣是妳比較聰明?還是妳嫂嫂比較有智慧?」
她說:「我以為我多聰明!現在才知道我不是聰明,這樣是嫂嫂有智慧。」
看,和境是怎麼分別的?有智慧的人,心就不會被境轉動,無論人家怎麼說,自己認清楚我是對的,那就對了,這就是智慧。如果是我們錯了,人家告訴我們,我們應該感恩,趕快改過來,也沒有什麼事。所以心不要被境所動,因為我們的心,如果被外境影響,身業、口業很快就會跟著出來。
所以,一切就是由於「意」,因為「意業起故,則身與口隨之而動。」因為意業生起,所以我們必定要很注意。
「意業有三」:意業有三種
意業有三
一者慳貪
二者瞋恚
三者癡闇

一者、慳貪。什麼叫做「慳貪」?常常要舉一個比喻,貪無止境、「有一缺九」,貪念永遠沒有填滿的時候,真的是苦,有求必苦。
這個「慳」字,就是有進來的,他就捨不得再捨出去。因為他永遠都不夠,因為永遠不夠,就捨不得用。
在中部有一位,已經取得(物理)碩士學位,也曾在某所大學當過教授。他年輕時,父母就栽培他,到國外求學取得學位,所以已經取得碩士學位。在大學教書的時候,認識了一位教授老師。兩位都是教授,結婚了,也有了孩子。
後來因為他的父母在鄉下,有一回他回家探望父母時,他覺得鄉下的生活,才是我真正想要的,所以從這樣開始,回來探望父母以後,再也不想回都市,也放棄教書,所以就辭掉教授的職務。
辭職以後就回家和父母同住,父母一年一年老了,父親過世了,不久,母親也過世了,剩下他一個人,他覺得這樣的生活也很好,沒有負擔,也不必為了教書傷腦筋,也不必再有家庭拖累,太太、小孩,每天看到的都是煩惱事,所以他覺得他還是繼續住在鄉下。
歲月不留人,就是這樣一天一天過去。他就是喜歡看書,每天都在看書,周圍的環境都不管,看累了躺下就睡,醒來肚子餓了,就隨便吃一下,所以變成家裡髒亂,他自己本身也全身都髒。鄰居有時覺得怎麼那麼可憐?怎麼會變成一個這樣的人?有時就會拿個東西去給他吃。
他同樣整天都是看書,社會局覺得這樣的環境,會影響周圍左鄰右舍,衛生也是一個大問題,所以想幫他辦理住進養老院。從他的戶籍一看,才知道他是擁有幾千萬家財的人!但是,他就是因為心的「癡」,再來有也不會用,不肯用,所以這也是一種煩惱。
雖然他不再去貪什麼事,沒有什麼鬥志,不會去想有一缺九,不過,他守著那麼多財產,但是不會去用,連自己的生活都不會去用,何況是應用於付出?所以這個「慳」字,是有而不用固守住!所以,慳貪真的也是很辛苦的事情。
有一缺九
心永遠填不滿
謂之「貪」
有而不知如何善用
也不肯用
謂之「慳」

「二者瞋恚」。瞋恚就是發脾氣,這個大家都知道,我們平時養成這種愛發脾氣的習氣,真的也是很苦。
各位,修心養性,修行就是要修我們的心、養好我們的性,不要動不動就發脾氣。發脾氣真的是一件非常辛苦的事情。
再來就是癡、「癡闇」,這個癡就是不明白道理,世間有多少人,就是因為癡,所以變成這種情、愛,愛恨情仇糾纏不清。這種癡念,實在是很可怕!那種情愛潤生無明,所以不斷讓心中的無明,一直產生出來,這種就叫做「癡闇」。闇就是「無明」。
癡的無明會迭生很多煩惱,所以因為
由癡闇故
起諸邪見
造諸不善
「癡」是不明道理
「闇」就是無明
「癡闇」意即見解偏差
易陷於偏邪的方向
無法自拔

多可怕!光是一個意業,就會起貪、瞋、癡,尤其是癡闇,他會造成邪見,很多惡業都是起於愚癡無明。其實癡就是真正的無明。
所以說起來,意就是因為無明,所以會起貪、瞋、癡!然後最重要的,就是因為無明,所以才會有貪、瞋!
也就是因為有癡闇的無明,所以人生的見解才會偏差。人生見解偏差、偏邪,善的道路就偏向惡的方向。所以正知、正見很重要。但是愚癡、無明,就會引導我們,從正見引導到邪見上去。
各位,學佛最重要的就是端正,我們要修心養性、端正行為,這樣才是真正的修行。
菩薩的道路是一條康莊的道路,一條大正道,所以我們應該要堅心立志,往這條康莊的正道好好地走。所以請大家要精進,但是一點都不能偏差,要好好顧好這念心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110623《法譬如水》調伏自心不受境轉    靜思晨語--20110623《法譬如水》調伏自心不受境轉  Empty周五 6月 24, 2011 11:15 am

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Tame the Mind; Do Not Be Move by Circumstances (調伏自心不受境轉)

Every day I talk about how to adjust our state of mind. Indeed, this is very important.
Every day, as we are faced with different kinds of environments, people and things, we must train and adjust our minds well. Otherwise, in response to all these conditions afflictions will arise without our knowing. This often leads to many delusions and thus we commit many mistakes. Because of this, we must repent. “Repent our afflictions.” We must repent the Obstruction of Afflictions.

Many afflictions arise from one ignorant thought. So from this moment forward, we must constantly repent. Afflictions will obstruct our way, so we must put ourselves on guard and always repent. “Such afflictions arise from our thoughts.” Afflictions actually come from our thoughts. “How?” How does it happen? “When thoughts arise in the mind, speech and physical actions follow.”

We often speak of the Threefold Karma. The most critical of the three is the mind. Once a thought stirs in the mind, we will start to act on it verbally and physically. When a thought of displeasure arises our facial expressions and our movements will reflect our displeasure. We can see that when some are unhappy, their facial expressions are not very nice. Their movements are also loud and forceful. They pick up something light but throw down with great force. We can easily see that the source of this is anger. Losing our temper or showing displeasure begins with thoughts arising in the mind. Then the body acts upon these thoughts. This happens countless times in our daily living.

Every day, we have to work, which brings us in contact with others. When we work with others, we may not always be satisfied or happy with what they do or say. When those thoughts arise, they will be clearly reflected in our actions. A similar thing happens with speech. When someone says something unpleasant, we will lose our temper and respond with something even worse then what they said. This is how we create karma of speech. If we are unhappy with someone, we tend to speak carelessly and sow discord with gossip. Karma of speech also arises from our minds. If the mind is still and unwavering, no matter what the external conditions are, we will not create mental karma. Naturally, no karma of actions or speech will arise. Therefore I tell you all that we must constantly tame our minds. If our minds can remain calm in any circumstance, then we have cultivated ourselves well.

When the mind remains still and unmoving, the karma of action and speech will not arise. If we can always tame our minds, so they will not be moved by our circumstances, that is self-cultivation.

I remember many years ago, there was a family in which the man’s sister, and wife were very close to each other. His sister thought her sister-in-law was wonderful. But her mother treated the daughter-in-law poorly. No matter what her sister-in-law did, her mother was never happy and always made cutting and demeaning remarks. This made the sister very angry.
She told her mother, “You are wrong. My sister-in-law did nothing wrong.” This further angered her mother.
Her sister-in-law then said, “Our mother is not wrong in what she says.”
The sister responded, “Why are you so foolish? When my mother said that, she was criticizing you.”
Her sister-in-law said, “I don’t think so. I think what she said is right.”
So she thought that her sister-in-law was foolish for not understanding her mother’s sarcasm.

One day, the woman and her sister-in-law came to visit me. This woman kept praising her sister-in-law while criticizing her own mother. I asked her sister-in-law, “Don’t you sense your mother-in-law’s attitude toward you?”
She said, “Master, I don’t feel mistreated. I think that I may have done something wrong. That is why she says things. So I’m fine with that I don’t feel mistreated.”
I asked her again, “Doesn’t it make you upset that you were wronged?”
She answered, “How have I been wronged? If we are scolded by our elders while we are in the right, we simply don’t take their words to heart. When it is not right, we just do not listen. We just need to know what we are doing is right.”

The sister interrupted her sister-in-law, “Not only did my mother tell her she is wrong, my mother also made very cutting remarks, but my sister-in-law just doesn’t get it,” then told her, “Honestly, your sister-in-law is very wise. You keep saying she is dumb, but you are the foolish one.”
She said, “How can that be?”
“You see, no matter what your mother says, your sister-in-law’s attitude is correct. After all, your mother is an elder. If we are certain that we did something right, but an elder insists that we are wrong, we should not be antagonistic, or talk back, Perhaps afterwards your mother will realize that your sister-in-law was right all along. She chose not to listen to the wrong things being said because she knew she was right. As for those cutting remarks, your sister-in-law does not feel them. Those with great wisdom may appear foolish. It is fine that she does not understand. Why are you angry on her behalf? You are punishing yourself for other’s mistakes.” It does not concern you. What are you angry about?”

She thought for a while and said, “That is true. Actually, I myself am constantly fighting with my own mother-in-law because I understand all her unpleasant remarks. So I argue with her. That just makes her angrier. I feel that I am right.”
I replied, “Yes, your sister-in-law never fights with your mother. Isn’t that more peaceful? When there are no problems, things are easier for your brother. In your case, you understand every remark, so you argue constantly with your mother-in-law. What is that like for your husband?”
She replied, “Oh, he always complains about being caught in the middle, like the filling of a sandwich.”
I said, “Right, so why does that? Now, are you smarter? Or is your sister-in-law smarter?”
She replied, “I thought I was very smart, but now I know I am not. My sister-in-law is wise.”

See how the mind interacts with conditions. The minds of those with wisdom will not be moved by their circumstances. No matter what others say, as long as we clearly know we are right, that is fine. That is wisdom. If we are wrong and others tell us so, then we should be grateful and quickly correct our mistakes. It is not a big deal. So do not let circumstances sway your mind. If we allow our minds to be affected by external conditions, our actions and speech will quickly follow. Everything starts with the mind. “When thoughts arise in the mind, speech and physical actions follow.” Therefore we must pay close attention when thoughts arise in the mind. “There are 3 Evils of the Mind.”

There are Three Evils of the Mind. The first is stinginess and greed. The second is anger and hatred. The third is ignorance and blindness.

“The first is stinginess and greed.” What does it mean to be stingy and greedy? I often use analogies to describe them. Greed is bottomless. “Having one, we lack nine.” We can never satisfy our greed, so it will always cause suffering. Craving inevitably leads to suffering. Stinginess means that once we gain something, we are unwilling to give it up because we never feel like we have enough. Since we feel we are lacking, we are reluctant to give anything.

There was a man in central Taiwan, who had a master’s in physics. At one time, he taught at a university. When he was young his parents encouraged him to study abroad, which he did, and obtained his degree. When he taught at the university, he began dating a colleague. They were both professors. They got married and had children. Because his parent lived in the countryside, on one of his visits home he came to feel that country living was what he really wanted. From that point on, whenever he visited them, he did not want to return to the city and wanted to give up teaching. So he resigned from his professorship and went to live with his parents in the countryside. As the years passed, his parents grew old. His father passed away. Soon afterwards, his mother also passed away. He was alone, but he liked the solitary lifestyle. He had no burdens. He did not need to worry about teaching, about supporting a family, or his wife and children. Those were all things that afflicted him. So he continued to stay in the countryside.

Time leaves no one behind. One day passed after another. He liked to read books, so he read every day. He completely neglected his surroundings. When he got tired, he lay down and slept. When he woke up hungry, he ate whatever was around. Not only did his house get dirty, so did his body. His neighbors felt sorry for him and wondered how he got to that point. Sometimes they brought him food. He still read all day. The Dept. of Social Welfare felt that his filthy conditions affected the neighborhood and posed a sanitation risk. So they wanted to get him into a retirement home. When they looked up his records, they discovered that he was extremely wealthy. But because of his mental delusion, he did not know how to and refused to use his wealth. This is a form of affliction as well. Even though he was not greedy, had no ambitions, and did not think about all that he lacked, he held on to so much wealth. He did not make use of it. He did not even spend it on himself, let alone use it to benefit others. So stinginess means not using what one has, but hoarding it instead. Being stingy and greedy brings a lot of suffering.

Having one, we lack nine. If we feel we never have enough, that is called greed. If we have something but so not know how to make good use of it and refuse to use it, that is called stinginess.

“The second is anger and hatred.” This refers to losing our temper. We all know this. If we make a habit of losing our temper, we will also suffer greatly. We must cultivate our minds and refine our character. This is the goal of our practice. We must not lose our temper easily. Losing our temper is very troublesome.

Next is “ignorance and blindness”. This ignorance means not understanding principles. Many people in this world fall prey to passion and affection out of ignorance. They get entangled in love, hat, passion, enmity. Ignorant thoughts are truly frightening. Those emotions of love and affection cause us to produce more and more ignorance. This is called “ignorance and blindness.” Blindness is not seeing. Ignorance produces many afflictions.

“Because of ignorance and blindness, evil views arise, and we commit evil deeds.” Ignorance comes from not understanding principles. Blindness is being unable to see. Thoughts of “ignorance and blindness” are deviated views. With such views, we can easily go astray and become unable to free ourselves.

This is frightening. From our thoughts alone come greed, hatred, and ignorance. Moreover, ignorance and blindness create deviant views. Much bad karma arises from ignorance. Actually, ignorance is not knowing. The mind, due to ignorance, gives rise to ignorant, greedy and hateful thoughts. Most importantly, greed and anger exist because of ignorance. Due to ignorance, our views on life become deviant. When we have deviant and erroneous views, our path of goodness will veer toward evil. So Right knowledge and Views are very important.

Our delusion and ignorance will lead us from Right views to Evil Views.
In learning Buddhism, being upright is very important. We need to cultivate our minds, refine our character, and rectify our behavior. That is true spiritual practice. The Bodhisattva-path is a broad path, a great, noble path. So we must be firm in our resolution and stay on this correct path. Everyone, please be diligent and do not go even a bit astray. Please take good care of your mind.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110623《法譬如水》調伏自心不受境轉
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: