Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110907《法譬如水》積寶不如求道

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29041
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110907《法譬如水》積寶不如求道  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110907《法譬如水》積寶不如求道    靜思晨語--20110907《法譬如水》積寶不如求道  Empty周三 9月 07, 2011 4:45 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110907《法譬如水》積寶不如求道    靜思晨語--20110907《法譬如水》積寶不如求道  Empty周四 9月 08, 2011 12:02 am

【證嚴上人開示】
六根:
眼、耳、鼻、舌、身、意
六塵:
色、聲、香、味、觸、法

我們的心就是因為有六根,對著外面的塵境,所以我們會起分別。
昨天不是說過了,眼、耳、鼻、舌、身五根,這五根是因為四大所成,我們常常說:「身體是四大假合。」四大就是「地、水、火、風」。
就是因為有這個身體,和外面的色相互相會合,所以意根就成了心法,心法就是分別。
所以我們在修行,在修小乘法時,那就是念的意,這個意就是六識意根,這個意根在我們的小乘,就是第六,這叫做第六意識,有眼識、耳識、鼻識等等,所以意排第六,意根就是六識。
若是在大乘法裡面來說,他就列入八識中的第七識,過去,也和大家分享過。
小乘佛教時代
只說「六識」
即眼耳鼻舌身意
大乘佛教發展為八識
在六識後增加了
第七識(末那識)
第八識(阿賴耶識)

第八識是一個藏識,進來就收藏了,但是這個藏識之前,就有造業,這個造業就是細思。不斷在離開境界之後,一直再回顧,不斷細思,那個是我愛的,戀戀不捨,所以無法彼此互相如意相處;分開了,但是還是戀戀不捨,我想要得的得不到,所以很無奈。
心還是一樣,在那裡戀著不捨,這種戀著不捨,這個貪念一起,就會想如何去造作,用什麼手腕,能夠得到我想要的。所以這全在是在這思。
這個心對境相之後的後製,後面在製造的就是這個思字。你若是心有不規則,他就會製造一些散播是非,或是挑撥感情,或是去造作要達到他的手段。這全是在第七識。
無論怎麼做,做了之後的結果,就是在第八藏識裡面。這就是我們常常都在說:「萬般帶不去,唯有業隨身。」
這就是造業的前提,所以它若是造成了變成業種,這個業種就歸於第八識。所以我一天中的生活,不只是前五根的感受,其實還有想和思。那個相印在我們的心版上,開始營造、造作,所以這個意,意根和塵境是互相接觸,然後去思考造作。所以這個意字,的確,我們要常常注意。
感官接觸外境
而產生感受
心就會起好惡反應
然後開始思考造作
修行就是要調心
注意自己的根與塵
心、塵、識不相合
則業不生

在經典有一段這樣的文字,有一位國王他相信梵志,就是相信婆羅門教,他非常非常虔誠。
有一回國王覺得,他應該要做一個大施捨,所以他就下令打開國庫,他要為貧困的人做大布施。所以他就貼出告示,在七天內國王大開寶庫,所有的東西,只要需要都可以來取。
第三天來了一個梵志,這位梵志國王特別來作禮。對他說:「這就是我很期待,利用這個機會來做一個大布施。你看你需要什麼,你可以選擇一撮,你可以選擇,任你取。」
這位梵治也很高興,他就把其中的珠寶,取了一堆放在袋子理,就開始離開了。
走了差不多將近七步,他又走回來,把珠寶拿出來放回原位。
國王就說:「為什麼?你所要的我已經捨了,你為什麼又拿回來?」
他就說:「本來我取這堆珠寶,是想要蓋一間廬舍,就是要蓋一間房子。但是我想,房子如果蓋好了,我應該還要娶妻。不過,這些應該不夠,不如不要了,所以我拿回來還你。」
國王就說:「你若要娶妻,可以。來,你再拿三撮,再給你。」
真的袋子打開,再拿了三堆珠寶,揹了就走。再走七步,又停住了,又回過頭來。
國王就說:「又怎麼了?」
他把袋子裡的珠寶又放回去,他說:「還是不夠,既然不夠,我就不要拿好了。」
「為什麼不夠?」
就說:「我有了房子,也娶了妻子,但是總要生活,我要有田地。有了田地,也要有人做事,除了田地也還要奴婢。我想,這些還是不夠,所以我再拿回來還你。」
國王就說:「既然如此,不然就七堆給你。」七撮,七堆珠寶讓你拿去。
就裝一裝,開始就揹著往前走。同樣走七步,又再揹回來。「還是不要,還是還你。」「為什麼呢?」
「我要是蓋房子、娶妻、有田,雖然生活可以過得去,不過以後我要生兒育女。我若有了兒子女兒時,要為他們嫁娶,嫁娶以後。接下來的吉凶、不知道他們的生活好不好,生活若好,我就安心;生活若不好,我也要幫助他們。用這麼多,用心計較,我還是不要好了。」
國王就說:「你如果這樣還感覺不夠,還要為你的兒子女兒設想,不然你看,你要多少,才覺得足夠?你都就搬去,為未來儲蓄。」
真的,他就全部搬一搬,又向前來,走了又走回來。「我還是不要。」我感覺本來我來乞討,是為了我的生活,為了我要蓋房子、再來我會想要娶妻,再來我想要生子。我需要田園屋宅,還會想到孩子的生活,實在還是不夠,很多的煩惱都在心中。我還是不要好了。」
國王看了很奇怪,「到底你要求的是什麼?」
這位梵志就說:「道理若好好審思,好好的去想看看,人命處世到底有多久?到底有幾年?人命處世沒多久,萬物無常旦夕難保,萬物都是無常。早上不知道晚上,到底還能保得住嗎?」
再說,因緣遂重憂苦日深,這個緣愈拖愈多,很容易被緣拖下去;愈拖憂愁的事情愈多,苦難愈來愈陷愈深。
所以他就說:「『積寶如山,無益於己』,雖然你要給我很多很多,但是我為我的子孫囤囤積積像座山,處世到底有幾年?這些財寶,一切對自己有什麼利益?沒有用。」
所以「積寶如山,無益於己」。所以『貪欲規圖,唐自艱苦』,只是一直在貪欲中,這個欲實在是貪不盡。你再如何規劃,你人生的藍圖要畫多大、拓展多寬?其實這只是對自己,是一種艱苦的事。
所以「不如息意、求無為道」,不如把欲念掩息下來,不可讓欲念不斷往上升,很辛苦。無為道就是我們用清淨的心,清淨的心,不受世間萬物利欲所污染,如此才能清淨。所以因為如此,我什麼都不要,我什麼都不想再求了。
這位國王聽了之後非常震撼,覺得這種意境實在是至高無上,他想再進一步詢問時,這位梵志已經現為十分清淨,光環耀目,是佛的形相。原來是釋迦牟尼佛,化為梵志來度這位國王,所以為國王說法。
國王再接受佛陀這種心包太虛,量周沙界,開拓的心胸,雖然大地之間,有很多很多萬物,和虛空並無染著。這種意的境界,令他非常嚮往,所以他歸投佛法,以佛為師。將佛陀的教育,推廣到他的國家,教育人民。所以請佛陀為他的國人說法,所以全國人民接受到佛陀的教育。
諦念人命 處世無幾
萬物無常 旦夕難保
因緣遂重 憂苦日深
積寶如山 無益於己
貪欲規圖 唐自艱苦
不如息意 求無為道
  《法句譬喻經 世俗品第二十一》

我們平時應該要很用心,這個意、意境,求無止境。這種心靈的思,這個思考的造作,規劃的版圖實在是很大。所以有句話說:「心如工畫師,無畫而不做。」他能畫出很多很多的東西,這全是在思考中。這個思,就是我們的業種,前面的造作,業種前面的造作。
看看,一粒稻穀,這粒稻穀要發芽才能成秧苗;秧苗要種了和土地會合種下去,才能長大、才能結穗,才能再有稻穀。同樣的意思,這個造作,這個思字就是這種造作。
所以我們過去說不定,只是一粒種子而已,只是來到這一生中,又有這樣的思想。外面的境界,這個相和心接觸稱為想。外面的境界和我們的心接觸的這個相,去分別我愛與不愛的。愛的日日夜夜思念,這種思念它就自然去造作,這個思字念念不忘,這個欲就是如何都撥不離我的心,所以它就會去造作。
各位,真的我們要學佛,我們要深入,我們要從外面的境界,一直來思考,往我們的內心。人人就是一面大圓鏡,你能夠分分明明,照得清清楚楚,鏡子若沾污了,境界就不分明了。
各位,所以我們要好好,讓我們的六根,能接觸到外境境界分明,這個意根我們要顧好,才不會為了外面的境界而偏差。
所以大家要時時多用心,還要專注在意根。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110907《法譬如水》積寶不如求道    靜思晨語--20110907《法譬如水》積寶不如求道  Empty周一 7月 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Value of Seeking a Spiritual Path (
積寶不如求道)

When the Six Roots connect with external objects, our minds begin to differentiate things. Yesterday we discussed that the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and body, the five organs, are made of the Four Elements. We say that our bodies are temporary aggregates of the Four Elements, which are earth, water, fire and wind. When the physical body connects with external forms, consciousness start to work and the mind begins to differentiate.

In the Hinayana practice, consciousness refers to the thoughts in our minds. The mind, as categorized in the Hinayana practice is the Sixth Consciousness. There are Consciousnesses of the Eyes, Ears, Nose, etc., with the mind being the Sixth Consciousness. In Mahayana Buddhism, the mind is categorized as the Seventh of Eight Consciousnesses. We have discussed this before.

In Hinayana Buddhism, there are only Six Consciousnesses, which are the Eyes, Ears, Nose, Tongue, Body and Mind.
In Mahayana Buddhism, there are Eight Consciousnesses.
In addition to the Six Consciousnesses, there is the Seventh (Manas)Consciousness and the Eighth (Alaya) Consciousness.

The Eighth Consciousness is a store-house. Everything is stored there as it occurs. But prior to the storing process, karma is created. Karma is created by minute thoughts. When something comes to pass, we continue to think about it. It is difficult to part with what we love. Although two people are unable to get along, when they are separated they still feel for each other. They cannot have what they want, and feel helpless. Their hearts still long for lost objects or persons. This kind of longing sets off greed, prompting us to use any means to get what we want. All this originates from thought. When the mind interacts with external states thoughts are created. If the mind is unstable, one may spread rumors or start disputes between others in order to achieve his or her purposes. All this happens in the Seventh Consciousness.

Whatever the course of action, its results are all stored in the Eighth Consciousness. That is why we say, “Nothing follows us after death, only karma.” This is the basic principle of karma. Once created, the seeds of karma are stored in the Eighth Consciousness. So what we experience in our daily lives is not only based on the first Five Sense Organs, but also on our past thoughts and contemplation. When impressions stay in our minds, they begin to create thoughts. So consciousness interacts with the phenomenal world and creates thoughts. Thus we must constantly pay attention to our consciousness.

When the sense organs come into contact with external conditions, feelings arise. The mind reacts with those good or bad feelings, and the process of thinking and creating begins. Spiritual practice is about adjusting our minds and being more aware of our sense organs and external objects. When mind, object and consciousness do not connect, karma does not arise.

The following story is recorded in the Sutras. There was a king who believed in the Brachmacarins, believed in Brahmanism. The king was extremely devout. On one occasion, the king felt that he should hold a great almsgiving. So he ordered his to open the state treasury to give to the poor. He announced that the state treasury would be open for seven days. Anyone could obtain anything they needed from it.

On the third day, a Brachmacarin came. This Brachmacarin was given a special reception by the king. The king said to him, “I’ve been looking forward to this opportunity to make a great offering. Take a look and see what you need. Choose any pile you wish. You can choose whatever you please.” This Brachmacarin was delighted. He took a pile of jewelry and put it in his bag, then walked away.

He walked seven steps, then came back again to put the jewelry back.
The king asked him, “Why ? I have given you what you want. Why did you return it?”
The Brachmacarin answered, “My intention for taking it was to build a cottage or a house. But I realized that after my house is built, I will need a wife so this jewelry will not be enough. So it’s better not to take it at all. That’s why I returned it.”
The king said, “You need a wife? Sure, take three more piles. They are yours!”
The Brachmacarin opened his bag and took three piles of jewelry and walked away. He took seven steps, stopped again, then turned back.
The king said, “What is the matter?”
He took the jewelry from the bag and handed it back. He said, “It is still not enough, so I’d better not take it.”
“Why is this not enough?”
He replied, “If I have a house and a wife, I will need to make a living. I will require a plot of land to grow crops and servants to work for me. This jewelry is still not enough. So I had better return it to you.”
The king then said, “If that is the case, you can have seven piles.”
The Brachmacarin bagged them and started to walk away. Again, he took seven steps, carried them back, and refused to take them. “I return this to you.”
“Why?”
“If I have a house, a wife, and land, I can make a living. But I will have to raise my children and make marriage arrangements for them. After they get married, I will worry about them. It is hard to predict how they will live. I will feel fine if they lead good lives, if not, I will need to help them. So many things to worry about I had better not take this jewelry.”
The king said, “If you still feel dissatisfied and want to plan for the future of your children, you can takes as much as you feel is enough, including savings for future.”
The Brachmacarin followed the king’s advice. He walked away with the wealth, but came back again as before “I had better not. I feel that I have come here to beg for my life, a house, a wife, children and land. I still worry about the future of my children. What you gave me is still not enough. With so many afflictions in my mind, I had better not take them.”
The king was puzzled “What exactly do you want?”
This Brachmacarin replied, “If you think about it carefully, how long can a man live? How many years? Human life is limited. All things are impermanent and uncertain. The nature of all things is impermanent. Things that exist in the morning are not necessarily with us in the evening. Affinities become heavy and suffering deepens. If conditions accumulate, we can easily be pulled down by them. The deeper we fall, the complicated things become, and the more suffering we endure.”

So the Brachmacarin said, ‘“Amassing treasures does not benefit oneself.’ Although you offer me a great fortune, enough to benefit my children, such a fortune is piled up like a mountain. In the end, how long can I live? Does this treasure benefit me at all? No. so amassing mountains of treasure does not benefit oneself. ‘Greed and desire bring hardship and suffering.’” When one continues to covet, there is no end to desire. No matter how hard you plan to expand the scale of your life, it is only placing more burdens on yourself. Instead, ‘diminish thoughts and seek the non-contriving path.’ We should quell thoughts of desire and prevent them from continuing to grow. It is very wearisome. The non-contriving path refers to a pure mind, uncontaminated by mundane objects, benefits and desires. This is why I do not want anything or seek anything.”

After hearing this, the king was shocked. He felt that such a state was unsurpassed. Before he could make further inquiries, the Brachmacarin revealed his true identity as the pure and radiant image of the Buddha. It was Shakyamuni Buddha appearing as a Brachmacarin to educate the king. The Buddha then spoke Dharma to him. The king received the Buddha, whose mind was so vast, it encompassed the universe. In this world, there are myriads of objects, but emptiness is undefiled by them. Such a state of mind greatly inspired the king. So he took refuge in Buddhism, became the Buddha's disciple, and propagated the Buddha's teachings to the people of his kingdom. He asked the Buddha to speak the Dharma to his people. All the citizens received the Buddha's teachings.

Contemplate on the brevity of human life. All things are impermanent. Causes and conditions are burdensome. Suffering deepens each day. Amassing treasures does not benefit oneself. Desire only brings suffering for oneself. It is better to walk on the non-contriving path.
Dharmapadavadana Sutra, Chapter 21.

We should be mindful whenever possible. If our state of the mind is unchecked, desires never cease. This kind of thinking in the mind, the contrivance of thoughts, truly can have great impact.

There is a saying, "The mind is an artist who can draw anything." One can create many things, all by the process of thinking. This thinking process is our seeds of karma. The seed of karma is created previously. For example, rice must germinate first before it becomes a seedling. When the seedling is embedded in soil, it can grow into a stalk and produce rice grains. Thoughts are created in the same manner. Thus, it is possible that we only carried a seed into this life. But we start to develop thoughts. Thinking is when the mind connects with the external environment. When this occurs, our minds begin to distinguish our likes and dislikes. We think of what we love day and night. This thinking causes the mind to work constantly and not forget. Such craving never leaves our minds, so our minds continue to create.

Everyone, to truly learn Buddhism is to explore it in depth. Observe external states and continue to contemplate and look into your minds. The mind is like a large, perfect mirror that reflects everything clearly. If the mirror is defiled, we cannot see external states clearly.

Therefore, we should be attentive, so we can see with clarity when our Six Organs connect with the environment. We must look after the organ of consciousness so it does not deviate due to external states. So please always be mindful and focus on the state of mind.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110907《法譬如水》積寶不如求道
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: