Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110908《法譬如水》六識 六想

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29041
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110908《法譬如水》六識 六想  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110908《法譬如水》六識 六想    靜思晨語--20110908《法譬如水》六識 六想  Empty周四 9月 08, 2011 5:25 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110908《法譬如水》六識 六想    靜思晨語--20110908《法譬如水》六識 六想  Empty周五 9月 09, 2011 12:06 am

【證嚴上人開示】
或因六根造一切罪
或因六識造一切罪
六根對六塵成六識

識,六根六識,有六塵就要有六根,六根與塵會合,還要有意識去分別。所以我們之前說六根,今天就要說六識。六識就是眼、耳、鼻、舌、身、意。
眼,有識,現在的人叫做視神經,或是耳的神經。有耳朵、有眼睛,神經若敗壞了,有眼睛也看不到東西,那就是因為視神經失靈。明明你看到他有耳朵,說話他就是沒聽見。現在的教育,真的很用心發達,已經可以教他看唇語。他用眼睛仔細看,看你在說什麼?你的嘴唇在動,他就知道你在說什麼,所以他把耳識的功能,集中在眼根,眼睛用極專注的心,去看、去讀他的唇在說話,如此當然也要用意識。所以眼識有時,真的要擔當很多功能。
還有耳識,也有的眼睛看不到,不過,也很靈敏,他雖然看不見,不過,他的記性很好,聽人的聲音,這位是什麼人?他就記得了。所以這個耳識,若能很專注用心,這個人的聲音,有人為他介紹,某某人開始和他談過話,下一次再接觸,就能叫出他的名字;不用讓人問他說:「你能認得我的聲音嗎?」不用了。
那個人說話,他就說:「我知道你是什麼人。」看,耳識很聰明,只要我們用心,應用耳朵的功能,他就能彌補眼睛看不見。
常常看人在打電腦,眼睛看不見,但是他可以打電腦,自嘆不如!他不僅會打電腦,還能當電腦工程師,真的是很神奇妙用。這就是專,心專。
所以眼識、耳識、鼻識。鼻能在很遠的地方,有什麼樣的味道,他能用鼻子去聞,聞出這是什麼東西?眼睛不用看,耳朵不用聽,他能夠運用他的鼻識,鼻子的神經,去聞出大地萬物;不論是植物、甚至是人物,這是什麼人的味道?我們平時沒有感覺,除非是人很多,才會覺得空氣不太好;其實鼻子真正靈敏的人,什麼樣的人?什麼人?眼睛閉上,耳朵摀起來,他就知道這是什麼人?這就是一樣要專。
舌識。甜、鹹、酸、苦、辣等等,經過他稍微嚐一下就知道,這也是很靈敏。所以這個舌識,這個地方所說的識,舌頭的感覺,就是專指吃的方面。
再來就是身識。我們的身體,這時候到底是冷或熱?問大家,可能大家腦子裡,意識一下就浮上來,還會熱。因為還需要吹電扇。對,這就是心和境的接觸。
若是秋天過去後,就是冬天。現在是冷或熱?冷,門關了嗎?關緊了嗎?怕外面的風進來。這就是身的識。
所以不論是眼、耳、鼻、舌、身,全都是有這個識,這是神經的感覺。其實這個神經,這個覺就是對意,所以這個意識叫做第六感。眼睛的感覺、耳朵的感覺、鼻子的感覺、舌頭的感覺、身體的感覺,再來就是第六個感覺,這叫做意識。
第六就是意識,所以這就是說,六根對色、聲、香、味、觸、法這個六塵。因為我們的意是法。法就是要知道很多,所以這叫做六塵,東西有東西很多不同的組織、不同的形色,這都叫做法。你要去分別的方法,這就是第六識。
所以這六項合起來,是六根對六塵,六識對外面的境界,根塵會合,所以才會發生有這樣的味道、有這樣的色、有這樣的感覺。若沒有這個意,沒有這個第六感,根本就沒辦法,沒辦法起作用。
就像和你們說:「榴槤的味道怎麼樣?」現在有榴槤嗎?沒有。大家知道榴槤,為什麼會知道?榴槤有味道很重。為什麼?這時候問你們榴槤,我知道,榴槤就是這樣的味道。有沒有聞到?沒有!為什麼沒有?因為榴槤不在這裡,我們這裡沒有榴槤。大家知道,聞過的人就知道,榴槤的味道很難聞。
但是現在有嗎?沒有。所以這就是說,要和有的東西合起來,這個根塵會合,所以這就是六塵,生起我們的感覺。若是根和塵離開了,就沒有這個感覺,只有知道,但是沒那個感覺。知道榴槤是不太好的味道,知道,但是現在沒有,就是沒有感覺。
六根六塵會合起來
生起我們的感覺
若離開了根與塵
感覺就會消失

所以因為我們平時,凡夫常常說的都說到八識。除了六識,外面在相,在我們的心起分別,這個想,境若遷變之後,現在就是,接下來就是思,那就是第七識,前天也說過了。這個第七識就是造作。
其實你的眼根,對著外面的景象,那個相,把它攝入在我們的心底,但是那對我們沒有作用的。外面的境就是很美,就過去了。但是在這個境界裡面,若是有一個人在那裡罵我,我的心會常常存著,那個被人罵的境界。這個境界,是什麼東西又來作用呢?被人罵、很氣,將來我如果看到這個人,我會很討厭,這一塊就是思。會再去回憶,再回憶,他會去回憶過去那個相,那個境和心糾結的相,再經過回憶,這是思。
回憶之後,我很不高興,我對這個人就毀謗他,等等的事情就開始出來了,這是思。
你若造作之後,這個人和你的情仇怨恨,這個種子已經成了,叫做第八識!
所以情仇怨恨結起來,這就是我們這一世和下一世相牽的塵索。所以說起來,六識是功能,和外面的境界相緣;七識是作用;八識就是已經成了種子,已經形成了。這就是我們為什麼修行,要那麼微細,用非常微細的心,我們要記住我們周圍的境界?我們周圍的境界,是和我們今生、後世息息相關。
所以我們修行,也是期待著我們這分,這一世緣著過去的種子來,好的種子我們要如何延續下去?不好的種子要如何斷除?這就要看我們現在的修行。
所以這個識在外面造作,六識是外面的功能;七識是發動我們造作的功能;八識完全是收藏的功能。所以說起來我們要很用心。
周圍的境界
和我們今生後世息息相關
修行就是要斷除
不好的業種
延續好的

識再過去就是想,六想。
六想就是取於六塵,剛才說過了,取於六塵。六塵:色、聲、香、味、觸、法。這種塵,不論是色,也不論是聲音等等,外面的境界,配合我們的六根去結合,然後意識起分別,分別之後就是想。分別過去,這個相已經在我們的心版上,所以識是分別;這是高的,這是低的。這是樹、這是草。
剎那過去,就是這個相要刻入心裡、心版,所以叫做六想。
這個六想就是與六塵接觸之後,我們放在我們的心裡,很快就會反應。我們若一反應,感覺到這是我愛的,我馬上就想要取。這是我不愛的,我怕,我會趕緊遠離。相用意識去分別。
六根對六塵成六識
相應起念刻入心版
產生愛惡的分別和執取
而為六想

所以這個相,我們若是取著錯了;這個想我們就取著錯了。所以有人說:「這個人思想偏差。」思想偏差就是相在我們心裡,這種回憶的解讀偏掉了,所以有的會傷失善根。明明這個人和我們說話是好意,是在勸我們,我們卻感覺到你是來試探我的。或是你來諷刺我的。同樣的一句話,我們若能善解,我們會用感恩心;我們若是不善解,很可能變作是非。
想法若產生偏差
就會傷失善根
同樣的一句話
不善解可能變成是非
解就能以感恩心
正向看人生。

還記得我曾經說過,一對嫂嫂小姑來的時候,小姑很疼嫂嫂,很偏護嫂嫂。嫂嫂娶進門,婆婆就很挑剔,這位小姑很有正義感,覺得媽媽很沒道理,很挑剔嫂嫂,說話都諷刺嫂嫂,嫂嫂都是笑笑的,逆來順受。她就會和嫂嫂說:「嫂嫂!妳怎麼那麼傻?剛才媽媽和和妳說什麼,妳聽不懂嗎?」
她說:「我聽不懂!媽媽教我是對的;我聽不懂!媽媽說,我不對,我是真的不對,我要改。」
小姑愈來愈對嫂嫂那種偏護,覺得嫂嫂沒有我不行。嫂嫂如果沒有我,會被人欺負。有一回把嫂嫂帶來,一直和我說:「我嫂嫂真傻,師父,您是不是為她開一些智慧?」
「怎麼傻?」
她就說:「媽媽這樣說、這樣說,她都聽不懂。無論人家怎麼說,她都逆來順受。」
我就問她嫂嫂:「妳感覺如何?婆婆說妳,妳一點都不生氣嗎?」
她說:「師父,真的,老人的經驗多,她的眼睛至少也看得比我們多。我要怎麼做,若有什麼事情不對,人家告訴我們,我們就要改!改了是愈改愈好,這樣我應該要感恩!」
我就和這位小姑說:「嫂嫂她很歡喜,被人罵都不會生氣,還會感恩。她很有智慧,妳要我開什麼呢?她的智慧原本就有,她懂得包容、懂得善解,懂得感恩,她很滿足,那裡不好呢?
倒是妳,妳的心量不夠!妳用另外的感覺去聽,聽妳媽媽的每句話,妳都抓她的「話骨」出來,那個『肉』很美,妳都沒有看到。」
是我不對啊!
看,這種思想、角度,我們的思想角度若不同,你看東西也會偏,聽聲音也會偏等等,都是在外面的相入我們的心,我們要用什麼方法,把這個相看得正確?將之美化?這很重要。否則稍微偏差,傷失善根,我們會傷失掉善根,對我們的善根絕對有傷害。所以我們應該要很謹慎。
因為這個想若不正確,它會模糊掉,所以變成了妄。這個妄想會一直衍生出來,所以我們學佛,真的要把我們的心照顧清楚,對外面的境界要很明朗,否則會生出幻想、幻覺,就會幻聽。見解、妄念一直出來,我們就思想顛倒,在六根、六塵等等,我們這個六識也是被心擾亂了,所以這個意識要去分判,一樣會跟著亂。思,造作的計畫,做事情慢慢就會一直離譜。
各位,真的修行是一個很深(的事)。但是只要我們的心,用很單純的心,應該就是很清楚的修行,所以大家要時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110908《法譬如水》六識 六想    靜思晨語--20110908《法譬如水》六識 六想  Empty周三 8月 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Six Consciousnesses and the Six Perceptions (
煩惱障礙修行)

The Six Roots and Six Consciousnesses may cause all wrongdoings. When the Six Roots engage the Six Senses Objects, the Six Consciousnesses arise.

There are Six Roots and Six Consciousnesses. The Six Roots connect with the Six Sense Objects, and consciousness differentiates things. We have discussed the Six Sense Organs. Today we will talk about the Six Consciousnesses.

They are: eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body and mind. The consciousness of the eyes in modern terminology, is the optic nerve. There is also the acoustic nerve. Even if we have ears and eyes, if our nerve system is damaged, we cannot see. It is because the optic nerves are not working. You see people who have ears, but they cannot hear. Today’s education is very broad and advanced. The deaf are taught to read lips. They focus intently with their eyes on the movement of others’ lips to know what they are saying.

So they shift the function of Ear-consciousness to the eyes. They focus energy in the eyes to read others’ lips as they speak. To do so, they also need Mind-consciousness.

So Eye-consciousness is sometimes multi-functional. Regarding Ear-consciousness, some people cannot see, but they are very nimble. They cannot see, but they have a good memory. They listen to voices and recognizes the speakers. So if our Ear-consciousness is focused on the voice of the person who was introduced to us and has spoken with us, next time we meet him, we can recall his name without being asked “Do you recognize my voice?” When the person speaks, we will already know who he is without being asked. See, Ear-consciousness is very clever. As long as we are mindful in using our ears, they will help us when we cannot see. We see people typing at a computer. They cannot see, yet they are able to use the computer. I truly admire that. Not only can they use a computer, they can also do computer engineering work. It is truly amazing. That is focusing the mind.

With Nose-consciousness, one can smell something from afar and recognize it by its odor. One does not need to see or hear, but can use Nose-consciousness, the olfactory nerves, to distinguish anything be it a plant or even a person. We usually do not sense the smell of people. Only when it is crowded do we sense that the air is stale. Those with a keen sense of smell can recognize a person with their eyes closed and ears covered. They will know who the person is. It takes focus. With Tongue-consciousness, one can tell if something is sweet, salty, sour, bitter or spicy. It is also very keen. The Tongue-consciousness is the sensation of the tongue with regards to food.

Next is the Body-consciousness. Do you feel cold or hot? Being asked this, your mind may quickly discern that it is hot, so you need a fan. That is the mind connecting to external conditions. After autumn comes winter. Is it cold or hot? It is cold. Did you close the door tight to prevent the draft from getting in? That is the Body-consciousness. So the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and body all have consciousness. They are of the sensory nervous system. The senses, through nerves, connect with our Mind-consciousness, which is considered the Sixth Sense. After the senses of the eyes, the senses of the ears, the senses of the nose, the senses of the tongue, and the senses of the body, there is the Sixth Sense. We call it the Mind-consciousness.

So the Six Sense Organs connect with form, sound, smell, taste, touch and thoughts. Our minds perceives thoughts, which are all kinds of mental formations. So those are the Six Sense Objects. Objects are of different compositions, forms and colors. They are just things. We need a way to distinguish between them, and we do this through the Sixth Consciousness. The Six Roots connect with the Six Sense Objects, and the Six Consciousnesses with external states. When Sense Organs connect with Sense Objects, smells, colors and feelings are produced. Without the mind, the sixth sense, there is no way for anything to have an effect. If I ask you what durian smells like, do you need to have a durian now? No. We all know it. How do we know? Durian has a strong smell. When I ask you about durian now, you know how durian smells. Do you smell it? No. Why not?

There is no durian here. But those who have smelled durian know its bad smell. Do you smell it now? No. That was to show that sense organs and objects must connect. The Six Sense Objects bring up our perceptions. If the Six Roots depart from the Six Objects, there is no feeling. We know, but do not feel it. We know the strong smell of durian, but we do not smell it now.

When the Six Sense Organs and Six Sense Objects come into contact, feelings arise. Once we are free of the Six Sense Organs and the Six Sense Objects, the feelings disappear.

We often speak of the Eight Consciousnesses. Besides the Six Consciousnesses, our minds differentiate external states. After a situation passes, our thoughts become memories. This is the Seventh Consciousness. The day before yesterday, I mentioned that the Seventh Consciousness creates.

Actually, when the eye organ connects with an external condition, a picturesque scene, and takes the image into our minds, it has no effect on us. The external condition is beautiful, but it passes. But if the external condition was a person scolding us, the condition will be stored in our minds. Why did the condition leave an effect? Being scolded by someone angers us, and makes us dislike that person when we see him again. These are thoughts. We recall impressions of the past when our minds and external conditions intertwine. Through recollection, through our thoughts, we feel very unhappy. We may slander that person and take actions against them. This begins with the mind. Once it is created, we have planted the seed of resentment toward that person. That is the Eighth Consciousness.

The animosity and resentment are carried from this life to the next. So the Sixth Consciousness connects with external states, then the Seventh Consciousness moves into action, and the Eighth Consciousness stores the seed. That is why spiritual cultivation requires that we are very attentive to our surrounding circumstances. Our surroundings are closely related to the conditions of this life and the next life. So the goal of spiritual practice is to carry the good seeds from past lives and eliminate the bad seeds. This can be done through spiritual cultivation. As consciousness engages with outside factors, the Six Consciousness connect externally.

The Seventh consciousness creates. The Eighth Consciousness stores. So we must be very mindful.

Our surrounding circumstances are closely related to the conditions of this life and the next life. Spiritual practice is about eliminating all bad karmic causes and extending the good ones.

Perception comes after Consciousnesses. Six Perceptions arise from the Six Sense Objects. As I just said, the Six Sense Objects include form, sound, smell, taste and touch. These objects, be they forms, sounds, etc., are external and connect accordingly with our Six Sense Organs. Then our consciousnesses make distinctions and give rise to perception. Perception will distinguish and the impressions stay in our minds. Our consciousnesses make distinctions: something is high or low, or something is a tree or grass. Scenes pass in a flash, but the images remain in the mind. Those are the Six Perceptions.

The Six Perceptions are what remain in our minds when we connect with the Six Sense Objects. We react to them instantaneously. If we feel that we like it, we want to have it right away. If we do not like it, we may fear it and want to get away from it quickly. The impressions are subject to discrimination in our consciousness.

When the six Roots engage the Six Sense Objects, the Six Consciousnesses arise, creating mental impressions. Likes and dislikes are created by the discriminating function of the Six Perceptions.

So if we cling to wrong impressions or thoughts, one might say that we hold the wrong view because we have misinterpreted the impressions or memories. Thus we may lose our root of goodness. That person spoke with good intentions, trying to advise us. Yet we feel that he is challenging us. But, upon hearing those same words, if we could be understanding, we would be grateful. If we are not, we may turn it into a dispute.

When our views are deviant, we may lose our root of goodness. Well-intentioned words become a source of conflict if one does not have a heart of understanding and empathy. With understanding, one an face life positively with a heart of gratitude.

I remember speaking about two sisters-in-law. The younger sister was fond of her brother's wife and always took her side. When she married into the family, her mother was very critical. The younger sister had a strong sense of justice and thought her mother unreasonable for nitpicking and mocking her sister-in-law. But the sister-in-law always bore it with a smile. The younger sister would ask her, "Why are you so foolish? Didn't you understand what Mother was trying to imply?"
She replied, "I didn't. Mother was right in teaching me. I didn't understand. Mother said I was wrong, and I was. I should change."
The younger sister wanted to protect her more. She thought her sister-in-law needed her otherwise, she would be bullied.

She brought her sister-in-law to see me and told me how foolish she was.
She asked me to make her wiser.
"How is she foolish?"
She said, "My mother said this and that to her and she didn't understand. She just listened without taking offense."
So I asked her sister-in-law. "What about you? Aren't you mad about what your mother-in-law said?"
She said, "The elderly have more experience. They have seen more than I have. When others tell me what I have done wrong, I should make amends. Then I can improve. I should be grateful."
So I told the younger sister, "Your sister-in-law is very happy. She was scolded but she didn't get mad. Instead, she's grateful. She is very wise. There's no need to make her wiser. She is a person of wisdom and knows how to be accommodating, understanding, grateful and content. There's nothing wrong. But you, your mind isn't open. You have read your mother's words differently. You picked up hidden meanings in every word your mother said. You failed to see the big picture.”
“You're the one at fault."
This is thinking from a slanted perspective. If we think from a slanted perspective, what we see, hear, etc., may deviate. When an external image enters our mind, seeing it clearly and in the best light is very important. If our view is off, we may lose our root of goodness. It is definitely harmful to our root of goodness. So we should be extremely cautious. If the thought is not right, it becomes a delusion, which will lead to even more delusions.

So when we learn Buddhism, we really should take good care of our minds and clearly see all external conditions. Otherwise, we will have delusions and hallucinations. False views will keep developing, and our thoughts will be in disarray. Our Six Roots, Six Sense Objects, and Six Consciousness will be disturbed by our minds. When the Consciousness makes judgment, it will become confused. Our thoughts, plans and conduct will gradually deviate.

Everyone, spiritual practice is truly profound. As long as we keep our minds pure, we can practice with clarity. So everyone please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110908《法譬如水》六識 六想
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: