Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20111006《法譬如水》六行~十行行(四)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29041
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20111006《法譬如水》六行~十行行(四)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20111006《法譬如水》六行~十行行(四)    靜思晨語--20111006《法譬如水》六行~十行行(四)  Empty周四 10月 06, 2011 4:37 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111006《法譬如水》六行~十行行(四)    靜思晨語--20111006《法譬如水》六行~十行行(四)  Empty周日 10月 09, 2011 11:16 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
常常說「行」,行蘊,那就是讓我們不知覺,就像日子在過、時間在過,我們都在不知覺中,所以我們應該要時時提高警覺,我們身外的行為和內心的細行,念念無不是都在修行中。
所以我們十行行中,無盡行就是第四。什麼叫做無盡行?來,好好用心體會:
隨眾生之機類而現其身
三世平等
通達十方
利他之行無盡

我們要隨眾生之機類而現其身,佛陀來人間,他說要度「眾生」,眾生當然就不只是人的身,凡是有生命的,哪怕是蠢動含靈,佛陀認為牠們都有佛性。所以才以人間為中心,想要上天堂的人,你要好好行十善,為善者得福,將來就享受天福;你若想要保持這個人身,你最起碼要守五戒,有了五戒,你才能守好這個人身,來生還是做人。
佛陀,不論是天堂的天人,他有時現天身再向天人說法。因為天堂無佛可成,但是必定要保持那分本性,清淨的本性;但是天人只會享福,他往往會迷失他清淨的本性,所以佛陀也要現身度他們。這在《本生經》也有很多典故。
再來就是人,在人生界,你我都看得到,五趣雜居地就是在人間,有的人心地善良,富中之富,好像人間的天人,要享受就能享受,要去幫助人,他有能力幫助人。
有的人比這種富中之富的人更超越,就是修行,不論是聲聞、緣覺、或是菩薩、佛,這也是一樣在人間修行。
有的人與佛同樣清淨無染,就是包容眾生,以智慧之愛來教育眾生,人間也有很多這樣的境界,如佛;菩薩,看看菩薩比比皆是,慈濟世界,甚至現在我們能夠看到,很多很多慈善機構,很多的好人,不為自己,為別人,這也叫做人間菩薩,無論他信什麼宗教。
在我們佛教,來看這種好人,只為他人不為自己,在我們的心目中,我們應該把他當作菩薩,所以菩薩境界在人間。
所以修行,不論你要修到佛的境界、或是菩薩的境界、或是獨覺、或是聲聞等等,這都從人這個時候開始。人間本來就是在十法界中,也叫做五趣雜居中,有很好很好的混雜在這裡。
什麼叫做「五趣」?天、人、地獄、餓鬼、畜生,這都叫凡夫界,因為天也在凡夫中,人也是凡夫,何況地獄、餓鬼、畜生,都是凡夫。所以在這種五趣雜居中,我們就要「隨眾生之機類而現其身」。
有智慧的人,我們要用智慧去和他相處,用智慧度;有苦難的人,我們要用慈悲的心態,去度他等等,這都是隨他的根機、隨眾生的類形。
有智慧的人用智慧度
有苦難的人用慈悲心來度
這就叫做
隨眾生之機類而現其身

「三世平等,通達十方」,三世就是在時間,過去、現在、未來。過去是這樣修行過來的,是把這念心,時時發心萬行,我們發心,發什麼心?菩薩心。菩薩要有什麼心?六度心。
「六度」,六度裡面就是萬行,要用無量無數的方法,去廣度眾生,所以他就要在這種長時間中,過去、現在、未來平等,同樣這念心,「通達十方」。
十方就是東、西、南、北四維上、下,這叫做十方。遍滿十方,那就是普遍。我們這顆地球在虛空中,就是在地球上有這麼多生物,很廣,何況三千大千世界,這都在十方,東西南北四維上下,我們的身形要普遍到這麼廣,所以我常常說:「時間、空間、人與人之間」,在這幾句話都包含起來。
時間、空間、人與人之間
意指在過去、現在、未來
三世的空間裡
用無量無數的方法
廣度眾生

所以我們一定要隨眾生之機類,眾生的根機,眾生的類形,不同類的身形,我們要為他們現身教育,所以叫做無處不在,時間要多久?過去無盡期,現在還有未來,無量數,時間要很長,我們要立這念心,這種耐久的心志,這樣才能真正修行,我們一定要通達,到處利他之行,這樣就是無盡。
「無盡行」,看起來好像很簡單,但還是很微細,所以這麼微細的行,我們要時時用心。
所以過去佛經中,有一段這樣的文字,叫做「無盡燈」,這是一種譬喻,要我們人人不要輕視自己。
過去我說過一支蠟燭的故事,一個人把一支蠟燭點起來,很多人很多人,從這支蠟燭引火出去,黑暗的地方就變得光亮起來,和這個意思一樣,所以這段文字說:「譬喻一人將法展轉,開導百千萬人。」
就像在說法一樣,好話我們要不斷不斷,輾轉傳下去,去開導百千萬人;就像現在《靜思語》很短,很好記,也很好傳,很好接受。
你看,多少人只是聽到簡單幾句話,轉變他的人生的有多少呢?所以我們要將這個法,要輾轉開導百千萬人,甚至「無窮盡人」,無窮盡的人,不斷不斷輾轉。「如將一燈點燃起,百千萬盞的燈,燈燈無盡,光光不絕。」
記得過去很久以前,也曾對大家說一個故事:
就是說在一百多年前,日本有一間古寺,這間古寺裡面,有一位比丘尼,這位老比丘尼年紀大了,一直期待,期待他的法可以有人傳續,這間寺要有人繼續住持下去,後來在這個村莊裡,有一個家庭,一個女孩子很可愛,從小就一直一直來到這間寺院。
後來就與陪伴這位老比丘尼,感情很好。有一天聽到他在慨嘆,這位女孩她發心,回去跟她的父母說,父母也覺得她從小就在寺院,答應她就讓她出家。然後經過幾年後,這位老師父,有一天身體覺得不太好,就把他叫來,對他說:「我知道時日不多了,你要趕緊用心,心要記得日日點起一盞燈來,每天點一盞燈。」
他一直記在心中,點燈供佛,日日多一盞燈。
後來,終於他的老師父,在一段時間後,突然間就往生了,這位年輕的比丘尼,就依照他的師父對他說的:「你要每日都要點起你的心燈,每天再多一盞燈。」後來年輕的來出家,也已經不少人了,有七八位在他的身邊。年月不斷過去,每天他不斷點燈,所以在這座寺院,從佛前一直點,點到外面去。
時光過得很快,一轉眼五十年,他的身體慢慢衰邁,所以有一天,同樣把幾位弟子叫過來,對他們說:「你們知道我每天都點一盞燈嗎?」
「是啊!」
「你們知道是什麼意思嗎?」
「不知道,是不是很虔誠供佛?」
「是虔誠供佛,這是我的師父,那時叫我要點心燈,我也以為是虔誠供佛,但是我年紀大了,我常常在思考,到底我修行為了什麼?只是每天供一盞燈嗎?只是每天用虔誠的心拜佛,這樣而已嗎?我每天都這樣想,這到底對我的修行,有什麼利益?對村內的大眾,到底有什麼利益?一直想,到現在我好像有一點覺悟。我想到我的師父,叫我要日日點起心燈來,我只是去點有形的外面的燈,燈火要不斷添油,燈火有熄滅的時候。但是我的內心和它一樣,有時會法喜充滿、很虔誠,有時我也會起煩惱,就像燈火有熄滅的時候,我沒有真正點起我的心燈,真正內在的心燈是永不熄滅的。所以你們能否替我去算算,現在總共有幾盞燈?」
七、八位弟子趕緊去算,總共是一萬八千零八十盞燈。所以這位老比丘尼,他就很慨嘆:「也只不過是如此!五十多年的時間,點了這些有形的燈,我若是一口氣離開了,燈還是熄滅了,外面的燈還沒熄滅以前,我內心的這盞燈還沒有亮起。」
所以他非常慨嘆,後來還是往生了。
這段故事,雖然是在一百多年前,日本的一間庵堂裡的故事,我們今天拿來現在用,我們聽了也很慨嘆,所以我們現在修行,最重要的就是點亮我們的心燈,我們要將法輾轉(傳播)。
我們真正好的話,人人要輾轉傳下去,「好話三春暉」。我們若能常常說好話,就像在人人心中,建立了心中的春天一樣。一句好話能讓人很久的時間很歡喜,這種法喜用在人群中。
所以我們要將法輾轉開導百千萬人,還有無窮的人,不只是百千萬人,所以這叫做「無盡燈」。
點亮心燈
將法輾轉相傳
真正的一句好話
就像在人心中建立春天
可以讓人歡喜很久

記住,我們要行無盡行,無盡行就是要從內心,我們要常常反觀自照。點燈若不懂得自照,連呼吸都不知道我們現在是不是在呼、吸,我們常常疏忽掉,何況是心念的起落?所以請大家要時時多用心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111006《法譬如水》六行~十行行(四)    靜思晨語--20111006《法譬如水》六行~十行行(四)  Empty周五 7月 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Six Practices: Ten Actions Part 4 (
六行~十住行四)

We often talk about action. Due to the Aggregate of Mental Action, we are unaware of time and days passing by, so we must constantly be vigilant. In our physical and mental actions, we are always engaged in spiritual practice.

That is why in the Practice of the Ten Actions, the fourth is the Practice of Unlimited Service. What is the Practice of Unlimited Service? It means to “Manifest skillfully according to the needs of all living beings in the Three Periods and the Ten Directions to benefit them endlessly.

We must work for the benefit of all living beings. The Buddha said that He came into this world to save all “living beings.” “Living beings” does not only mean human beings. According to the Buddha, everything with life no matter how small, possesses Buddha-nature, but His teachings are centered on the Human Realm. One who wished to be born in heaven must practice the Ten Good Deeds. One who does good deeds creates blessings and can enjoy heavenly blessings in the future. If you want to maintain human form, you must at least uphold the Five Precepts. By following the precepts, you can retain human form in your next incarnation.

Sometimes the Buddha appeared in the heavens to teach Dharma to heavenly beings. Buddhahood cannot be achieved in heaven, but they must still maintain their original nature, the pure intrinsic nature. Those in heaven only know enjoyment and often lose their pure nature. So the Buddha appeared to transform them.

There are many such stories in the Jataka Sutras. Let us talk about people in the Human Realm. We see the co-existence of beings in the Five Realms. There are those who are kindhearted, the rich among the rich, who are like heavenly beings in this world. They can enjoy whatever they wish. They also have the ability to help those in need. Greater than the rich among the rich are those who are practicing to attain the state of Sravaka, Pratyekabuddha, Bodhisattva or Buddha. They all practice in this world as well. There are people as pure and untainted as Buddha, embracing all sentient beings, and teaching them with wisdom and love.

There are many such beings in the world. They are Buddhas and Bodhisattvas. There are many Bodhisattvas among us, in Tzu Chi and in other charitable organizations. We see many kind people working not for themselves, but for the sake of others. We call them living Bodhisattvas. Regardless of their religion, from a Buddhist point of view, these kind individuals who benefit others and not themselves are considered Bodhisattvas. So Bodhisattvas exist in this world.

In spiritual cultivation, whether we want to attain the level of Buddha, Budhisattva, Pratyekabuddha or Sravaka, etc., we must start from human form. The human world is part of the ten Dharma-realms, with mixed dwellers from all Five Realms. It is a mixed group of good and bad. So who exists in this world? Heavenly beings, humans, hell beings, hungry ghosts and animals are all considered ordinary beings. Deities are ordinary beings, and so are humans, hell, hungry ghosts and animals, are all ordinary beings too. Since we live in the world of mixed dwellers, we must “manifest skillfully according to the needs of all living beings.” We should interact with and transform, wise individuals through wisdom.

We must transform those who are suffering with a heart of compassion, according to their capabilities and dispositions.

Transform those with wisdom through wisdom. Transform those with suffering with a heart of compassion. That is the meaning of transforming sentient beings according to their capabilities.

“Span 3 Periods equally, reach all 10 Directions.” The Three Periods refer to the past, present and future. In our spiritual cultivation, we should always resolve to take action for the benefit of others. We vows do we take? The same as Bodhisattvas. What vows do they take? The vow to practice the Six Paramitas.

The Six Paramitas include all actions. We must use all means necessary to transform living beings. That is why our efforts must span the past, present and future equally with equal resolve. “Reach all Ten Directions.” The 10 directions are the eight compass directions, plus up and down. It encompasses the entire universe.

Earth is our focal point. There are so many creatures on this vast Earth, not to mention in the great Trichiliocosm. They are all within the Ten Directions. We must reach through the vastness. So I often speak of time space, and the relationship between people. These simple words encompass everything.

In the dimensions of time and space, and among people, one should use any and all effective means to transform sentient beings in the Three Periods of past, present and future.

We must teach sentient beings according to their various dispositions, capabilities, types and forms. We are present to teach them wherever it is needed. For how long? Through the past, present, and the infinite future. That is how long we must maintain our resolve. Only with sustained will can we truly cultivate ourselves. We must fulfill our vow to benefit others everywhere. That is the Practice of Unlimited Service. It may sound easy to perform, but there are many subtleties. These subtleties require us to be constantly mindful.

In the Sutras, there is a passage called the infinite Lamps. It is a parable to teach us not to disparage ourselves. I have told this story about a candle. If one person lights a candle and many people borrow the flame from that candle, then many dark places will be illuminated.

So the passage says, “When one person spreads the Dharma, millions of people are taught.” We should continue to spread inspirational words to teach and guide millions of people. For instance, phrases in the Jing Si Aphorisms are short and easy to memorize, teach and accept.

Many peoples’ lives have changed by hearing these simple words. That is why we must pass on the Dharma to teach and guide millions of people, even an infinite number of people. If countless people pass it on to others, “as if lighting on lamp, millions of lamps will be lit. “Countless lamps bring unending light.”

I once told you a story. More than 100years ago, in an ancient temple in Japan, lived a Buddhist nun. The nun was getting old, and she hoped to pass on the teachings and her position as the abbess. In the same village lived a family with a teenage girl who had been regularly coming to the temple since a very young age. She became a close companion of the old abbess. One day she heard the abbess wailing in grief. The devoted girl discussed it with her parents. Since she had been in the temple all her life, they allowed her to become a nun.

After a few years, the old abbess was feeling ill. She called for the novice nun and told her, “I know my time is limited. You must be more mindful. Remember to light a lamp in your heart each day.” She took those words to heart. She lit a lamp for the Buddha, and another lamp every day thereafter.

After some time had passed, her master passed away. The young nun followed what her master had told her about lighting a lamp each day, and lit actual lamps every day. Later, more young women joined the nunnery until she had seven or eight disciples. As the years went by, she kept lighting a lamp each day. So around the temple, lamps lined all the way to the outside. Time passed, and soon it was soon it was 50 years later. Her health started to deteriorate.

So one day she summoned her disciples and said to them, “You know that I light a lamp each day, right?”
“Yes.”
“Do you know the meaning behind it?”
“No. Is it to show our devotion to the Buddha?”
“Yes, it shows our devotion to the Buddha. When my master told me to light a lamp in my heart, I too thought it was to show devotion to Buddha. But as I grew older, I often thought about the purpose of my cultivation. Was it just to offer a lamp each day? Was it just to bow to Buddha with reverence? Was that all? I thought about that every day. How does it benefit my spiritual practice and how does it benefit the villagers? I keep thinking. Now I finally have some understanding I recall that my master told me to light a lamps in my heart each day. But I lit actual lamps. A lamp needs constant replenishing of oil, and can be extinguished. My heart is just like that. Sometimes it’s full of Dharma-joy and sincerity. But sometimes it’s filled with afflictions, just like a lamp that is being extinguished. I have never really lit the lamp of my heart. A true internal heart-lamp will never go out. Go out there and count how many lamps there are in total.”

The disciples hurriedly counted, and there were a total of 18.080 lamps. Knowing that, the old abbess wept, “That’s not much of an accomplishment. After more than 50 years, I lit all those lamps. But when I leave this world, the lamps will go out. Now the lamps are bright but the lamp in my heart remains unlit.” She left a lot of regret and soon passed away.

Although it was more than 100 years ago in a Japanese nunnery, when we hear the story today, we still feel regret for her. Therefore, in our spiritual cultivation it is most important to light our heart-lamps. We should promote the Dharma. When we learn wholesome teachings, we must pass them along to others. Good words are as radiant as the Spring. If we often say good words, it is like bringing Spring into peoples’ hearts. A wholesome phrase can bring joy to someone for a long time. That is how to instill the joy of Dharma in people.

So we must pass on the Dharma to teach and guide millions of people. Not just millions, but more than we can count. They are the “infinite lamps.”

Light the lamp in your heart. Let the teachings be passed on from person to person. Genuine good words can instill the joy of Spring in someone’s mind for a long time.

Remember, we must follow the Practice of Unlimited Service. Unlimited Service comes when we constantly reflect on our minds. If we do not do so, we may even be unaware of our own breathing. Are we exhaling or inhaling now? We usually do not pay attention our breath, let alone our own thoughts. Everyone please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20111006《法譬如水》六行~十行行(四)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: