Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20111213《法譬如水》八苦 (三)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 28897
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20111213《法譬如水》八苦 (三)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20111213《法譬如水》八苦 (三)    靜思晨語--20111213《法譬如水》八苦 (三)  Empty周一 12月 19, 2011 9:23 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111213《法譬如水》八苦 (三)    靜思晨語--20111213《法譬如水》八苦 (三)  Empty周一 12月 19, 2011 9:24 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
世間從生到死這段時間,我們已經說到總共有八苦。前面的四苦,生老病,又說到死。
八苦之四「死苦」
壽盡:謂因疾病壽盡而死
外緣:謂遇惡緣
或遭水火等難而死

死苦,死真的那麼苦嗎?若是業來纏時,真的是很苦。除了身體四大要分散時,器官敗壞時,那時的意識和肉體要分離時,相信那時候很苦。
佛經中也有這樣一句譬喻,好像生牛剝皮一樣,真的是苦不堪。不過,不一定是那麼苦,有時我們若好好在日常生活中,在生老的過程中,有的人是否能到老?不知道!
凡是我們得到人身,得聞佛法,我們就要趕緊把握。知道人生難得,知道佛法難聞,我們趕緊把握。是不是聽就好了?不只,聽了還要身體力行。
身體力行是不是,修行、念佛、拜佛、讀經,這樣就是叫做身體力行?還不是!念佛,只是要讓我們的心能穩定下來,光只是口頭上念沒有用,我們要念念不離心,這叫做念佛心。
念佛是要讓心穩定
光是口頭上念沒有用
要念念不離心
以佛心為己心
這叫做念佛心

念佛心之後,有啊,佛心是大慈悲心;有啊,我現在心裡已經充滿了愛,因為我有聽經,無緣大慈,同體大悲,我知道。知道,你有沒有去做?人生苦難偏多,你是否走入苦難中的眾生,去幫助他們呢?
真正是為眾生的幸福在推動,引導人人走上這條康莊的大道,讓人人能聽聞佛法,讓人人能身體力行在菩提道中,建立人人心中有佛,讓人人能知道人事物不必計較。而且為人應該付出,開啟了這條菩薩道,你是否也跟人一起走呢?光是聽、說知道,或是嘴巴說、不去做,還是一樣。心雖然說要建立一念好心,但是沒有好行,如此,同樣路不會到達。
我們體會的道理真的沒入心,所以這種法沒入心,到了生病、煩惱、很怕;病除了生理上的苦以外,心理上的惶恐,你想,在生死之中那分掙扎,哪會不苦呢?苦啊,那種身心要散離時,真的是苦。
只是聽聞佛法、口說佛法
身體不力行是沒有用的
道理沒有入心
面對生死無法輕安自在

假使我們平時看得很透徹,生死本來就是大自然的法則,不分年齡,不分貴賤,生死是很自然的事,知道了,體會了,凡事就是隨緣,緣盡緣散。緣若盡時,如何都無法留住;緣若是未盡時,無論受什麼折磨、受什麼病痛,多麼病危,同樣,他還是會再恢復起來。我們若能把心都放開,該回來的,他就會回來。看得開、放得下,那個境界也不會很掙扎。
說來是很多年前了,那時林居士夫妻都很投入,每天都出去勸募會員,有一天他開著車,覺得怎麼心很悶,愈來愈覺得氣上不來,進去國泰醫院,到那裡就不醒人事了。醫生宣布很危險,但是加護病房已經全滿了,挪不出來,就趕緊把他轉送到台大。
這之間,剛好也是我要行腳的時間,幾天後,他在加護病房都沒有清醒過來,還是一樣在病危中。我去行腳,下車時,我就去台大加護病房。孩子和太太都在外面,很著急,知道師父要來了,在那裡等我。就對我說:「師父 好像不太樂觀,醫生一直說他病危,都還沒醒過來。」
我就進去了,醫師也陪我進去,就在他的床邊,我就問醫師:「現在怎麼樣呢?」
他說:「不太樂觀。」
我在他耳邊,就說:「林居士,師父來看你了,我相信你現在很平靜,不過,你要記得,師父還有很多事要做,不能缺少你,你要快回來。你要安心,無論是來去,能回來就快回來。」這樣跟他說,那個時候,我的手就在他的肩膀上拍一拍,咦!眼睛睜開了。
醫師就說:「咦!你清醒了嗎?」醫師也低下頭問:「林先生,你清醒了嗎?」
我就說:「林居士,師父在這裡呼喚你,你有沒有聽到?」
他就眨眨眼對我點頭。
我說:「清醒了,回來了好,回來好,師父安心了。」我就離開了。
離開台北之前我又去看他,已經在普通病房了。我就說:「你這樣是要嚇人嗎?」我就很輕鬆這樣跟他說話,他就趕緊坐起來,就對我說:「師父,我要感恩您,是您把我叫回來的。」
我說:「我在叫你,你聽到了是嗎?」
他說:「有啊!」但是他又對我說,他說:「師父這個境界我一定要和您分享。」
我說:「你碰到了什麼境界呢?」
他就說,他說:「我聽到很好聽、很悠揚的音樂,那種天樂無法形容,就是很好聽的音樂,我就跟隨著這個音樂一直走去,我就飄飄浮浮的,一直走過去。我看到我的父母,我的長輩,我的姑姑叔叔他們,一大群在那裡,一直向我招手,我就跟著他們一直去了。」
到了面前,他的父母就說:「回來了,可以回來了。」他忽然間聽到師父叫他:「林居士,應該回來就要趕快回來。」
那時候他就覺得:「是啊,慈濟的事情還很多,師父需要我。」這個念頭一起,他說,剛好眼睛張開看到師父。
這個境界,聽他親口描述出來,真的很悠揚,飄飄然,但是有一分危險,就是境界現前時,這在《梁皇懺》裡也有提到,靈魂脫體那時候,業力在生死交界中,有時會有業境現前,業的境界,有些現前的是很美的境界,投你所好,你平時愛什麼,就現出這個境界,誘引你到那裡,或是現出你最愛的人,你看到那個人,很自然就被他誘引了。
幸好,他有一念善念,有這個緣,師父一叫,他就回來了。靈魂是非物質的東西,所以很輕飄,假使平時不為善,不造福的人,可能就無法這樣。
你看有的人要往生時很掙扎,好像很痛苦,汗水直流、很掙扎,你要問他怎樣了?他無法回答你,因為他的境界,就是現出非常不好的境界,在那之間拉扯,那種不肯去而強要拉他去。
你看看地藏經裡的光目女,或是婆羅門女,那段經文中,因為就是在地獄,要去地獄救母親,地獄的形象,就是從世間人的情,恩怨牽扯,然後要墮入惡道,餓鬼夜叉又來拖人,那種牽牽扯扯真的是很辛苦。
所以有的人在生與死的交界,非常惶恐,非常牽扯不清,這就很痛苦,身體的病苦已經很苦了。苦在哪裡呢?其實是苦在心,這念心怕死,或是不肯捨離。那時候的意識就像神經一樣,這種神經系統就隨著器官牽扯,所以變成身體的病痛苦,加上心靈那種不捨,恐懼的苦,還有外面的境界現前時,那當然是很苦。所以死苦,是在生與死之間拉扯的苦。
身體的病苦
心靈不捨、恐懼的苦
外境現前的苦
這種在生死之間拉扯的苦
叫做死苦

我們看看也有委員,往生的時候帶著微笑:「再見了!」安然自在。
所以說來,生死本來就是大自然的法則,人年老時,或是世緣已盡時,我們如果看得自然自在,用歡喜心、安心。平時我們已經行在菩薩道中,平時我們沒有和人結什麼怨,或是連什麼仇,無怨無仇,這個業的牽扯就解開了,自然我們相信,換一個身體還會再回來。
菩薩的境界是圓的,世間的運動場也是圓的,我們回歸再回來,還是再來到人間。所以人間五趣雜居地,就是在五趣,天、人、地獄、餓鬼、畜生,這叫做「五趣」,這種五趣是雜居。
你要說天堂,在人間能看到天堂;你要看到人生,人間本來就是人生;你要看到餓鬼的境界,世間多少飢而無飲食?也有的在病房中,肚子很餓但是一樣都不能吃,這也是人間餓鬼;在人間受到很多身心的折磨,就像在地獄。我們看到很多,出生在不清淨的地方等等,人間的煉獄,或是天災人禍,這難道不是人間地獄現前嗎?畜生比比皆是;五趣雜居的地方就是在人間。
所以我們在這之間,我們如何做人?如何修行?這是很重要的。所以說來,我們若是安心,人格成,菩薩的願深,我們再回來就是了,所以不必掙扎,不必擔心。最擔心的就是在平時如何做、如何受,這是最重要的。
所以我們要生死自在,如此就沒有什麼樣的苦,沒有什麼樣的痛產生出來。
把握時間好好修行
把握生命讓佛法入心
人格修成再加上菩薩願深
就能夠輕安自在了脫死苦

總而言之,我們每一天的時間不是很長,不要人與人計較。我們要把握時間,真正念佛、心是佛。看人,人人都是佛,從心起恭敬。
所以感恩、尊重、愛,在我們的日常生活中。這到了最後時,我們能安心自在,這叫做輕安,這叫做自在,就沒有什麼苦的牽扯。
各位,修行無他法,沒有什麼技巧,最重要的就是要多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111213《法譬如水》八苦 (三)    靜思晨語--20111213《法譬如水》八苦 (三)  Empty周一 12月 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Eight sufferings Part 3(八苦三)

We have said there are Eight Sufferings between the moments of birth and death. First were birth, then aging and illness. Now we will speak of death.

The fourth of the Eight Sufferings is Death.
Natural End: Death from illness or old age.
External conditions: Death from evil conditions or disasters like floods, fires, etc

The Sufferings of Death. Is death truly that painful? If we are entangled by karma, it is. It is very painful when our body’s Four Elements separate, when our organs disintegrate, and when our consciousness departs from the body. The Sutras compare it to being skinned alive, so it will be very painful.

But it does not have to be. In life, we do not know if we will reach old age, so we must take advantage of our human from to learn the Dharma and make the most of it. It is rare to be human and to hear the Buddha-Dharma. So we must seize this moment. Is it good enough to just listen? No, we must also put it into practice. Is chanting the Buddha’s name, praying, and reading the Sutra enough? It is not enough. We chant the Buddha’s name to calm our minds. Just chanting is useless we must chant mindfully. This is being mindful of the Buddha.

Chanting the Buddha’s name calms the mind. However just chanting is useless. One should chant the Buddha’s name mindfully and have the Buddha’s mind as one’s own. this is being mindful of the Buddha.

After being mindful of Buddha, we think “Yes, a Buddha-mind is full of Great Compassion. Now my mind is filled with love and because I listen to Sutra, I know boundless love and all-embracing compassion.” We know it, but are we living it? Life is full of pain and suffering. Will we work with suffering sentient beings so we can help them? We must truly work to benefit sentient beings and lead them onto this great and broad path so that everyone can learn the Buddha-Dharma, put teachings into practice on the Bodhi-path, and set the Buddha in their hearts. Let everyone know that they need not be petty, and should benefit others through giving. We have opened the Bodhisattva-path, but will we walk it with them? Simply listening, knowing, or speaking without acting on it is useless. Although we may develop a good mindset, we will not attain our goals without good actions. We have not truly internalized the Truth.

If we do not internalize the Dharma, we will be very scared when we fall ill. Besides the physical pain, we will have fear. Think about the struggle between life and death. How can that not be painful? It is painful. When the body and the mind part, it will be painful.

If one only listens to Buddha-Dharma and talks about the teachings without putting them into practice, then the teachings are useless. If the teachings are not internalized, one will be unable to face life and death with peace and ease.

If we can normally see through things clearly, we see life and death as part of the laws of nature. Regardless of age or class, life and death are natural. We know it, we feel it. Everything happens according to our affinities. When our affinities end, we must part, and nothing can keep us here. If our affinities are unfinished, no matter what torment, pain, or life-threatening illness we endure, we will recover. If we open our minds, we know those who are meant to return will return. If we can let go, we will not feel so torn apart.

Many years ago, there were a couple of dedicated volunteers, Mr. Lin and his wife. They recruited members every day. One day when Mr. Lin was driving, he felt a tightness in his chest, like he could not inhale. He went to Cathay General Hospital where he lost consciousness. The doctor said he was in critical condition, but the Intensive Care Unit was full, so he was transferred to the National Taiwan University Hospital. This happened while I was traveling around Taiwan. A few days later, he was still in a coma and still in critical condition.

When I arrived in Taipei, I went to the Intensive Care Unit. His wife and children waited anxiously outside. They knew I was coming and they told me, “It doesn’t look good. The doctor said he is still in critical condition.” So I went in with the doctor to see him. At his bedside I asked the doctor, “How does it look now?” “It doesn’t look good.” So I whispered into Mr. Lin’s ear, “Mr. Lin, I am here to see you I believe you are at peace now. But remember, there are so many things I need to do, and I can’t do it without you. You have to return quickly. You have to be at peace whether you are coming or going. Come back as soon as you can.”

As I said this to him, I gently patted his shoulder, and his eyes suddenly opened. The doctor asked, “Are you awake?” The doctor bent down to ask him again. I said to him, “Mr. Lin, did you hear me call you? He blinked and then nodded. I said, “You’re awake. It is good that you’re back. I feel reassured.” So I left I visit him again before leaving Taipei, and he was already in a normal hospital room. I said lightly, “Were you trying to scare us?” He sat up quickly and said, “Master, I’m very grateful you called me back.”
I said, “You heard my call?”
He said, “Yes.” But he also said, “There is something I must share with you.”
I said, “What did you experience?”
He said, “I heard some beautiful, melodious music. That heavenly music is indescribable, just very pleasant music. So I follow the music, and felt like I was floating along. I saw my parents, my older relatives, and my aunts and uncles. They were in a large crowd, waving at me. So I went toward them.” When he was in front of them, his parents said, “You can come with us now.” But then he heard me call him “Mr. Lin, if you are returning, return quickly.” So he felt, “Yes, Tzu Chi is doing many things, and the Master needs me.” Once that thought arose, he opened his eyes and saw me.

I heard him describe his experience. It was pleasant, as if floating, but there was an element of danger. Emperor Liang’s Repentance mentioned something similar to this experience. As the spirit is leaving the body, karmic forces exist on the border of life and death. Sometimes karmic conditions manifest. And when that happens, it sometimes appears as a beautiful environment, as something appealing. Whatever you love appears in this state and tempts you. Sometimes people you love will appear, so you will naturally be enticed.

Fortunately, he had a thought of kindness, and an affinity to respond to my call. The spirit is immaterial, so it lightly drifts around. A person who does not regularly do good and create blessings would not be able to respond this way. Some people struggle a lot as they die. They look pained as they sweat and fight. If you ask them what is happening, they cannot respond because they are seeing something terrible. They refuse to go but they are being pulled away.

In the Earth Treasury Sutra, the Bright-eyed Girl, also called the Brahman Girl, tried to rescue her deceased mother from Hell. The manifestation of Hell comes from the tug and pull of passions in the human realm. One may fall into evil realms where the hungry ghosts and yakshas come and pull on them. This is very painful. So when some people are at the border of life and death, they suffer because they are frightened and confused.

The pain from illness is already terrible, but where does pain exist? It really existed in our minds. We are afraid to die and reluctant to leave. At that moment, our consciousness affects our nervous system, which in turn affects our organs and those feelings become bodily pain. So of course we suffer when are reluctant to let go, suffering from fright, and facing the conditions before us. So the Suffering of Death is the pain of being torn between life and death.

Physical illness in the body, the reluctance to let go, the pain caused by fright, and the pain of conditions manifesting are sufferings that result from being pulled between life and death. This is the Suffering of Death.

We also see commissioners who smile as the die. They say goodbye peacefully. Life and death are part of the laws of nature. When we are old, or when our affinities have ended, if we see it as natural, we will be happy and peaceful. If we regularly walk the Bodhisattva-path and have not created enmity with others or if we can dissolve enmity and anger, then the entanglements of karma will unravel. Naturally, we believe we will return in another body.

The Bodhisattva-world and the track of life are circular. So we will return to the Human Realm. The Five Destinies intermingle in the Human Realm. The Five Destinies are Heaven, Human, Hell, Hungry Ghost, and Animal. They are mixed together. Taking about Heaven, we can see Heaven on Earth. We can see Human life on Earth and also witness the Hungry Ghost Realm in this world people suffer from hunger. Some people in hospital rooms are hungry but cannot eat. So they are Hungry Ghosts on Earth. Some people feel tortured mentally and physically, as if they are in Hell. We see many people born in impure places, etc. Earthly hells, or natural and human disasters, aren’t these manifestations of Hell on Earth? And the state of Animals is everywhere. The Five Destinies intermingle in the Human Realm.

So how we act and how we practice here is very important. If we are at peace, established in character, and made a deep Bodhisattvas-vow, we will return. So do not struggle, do not worry. What is most important is how we regularly practice and perceive things. If we can be at ease in life and death, then we will not feel much suffering or pain.

Use your time to earnestly practice, and use your life to internalize the Buddha-Dharma. When one is established in character and makes a deep Bodhisattvas-vow, one will be peaceful and at ease, and transcend the Suffering of Death.

In conclusion, we do not have much time each day. So do not engage in pettiness. We need to make good use of time. We need to mindfully chant the Buddha’s name and sincerely treat and respect everyone as a Buddha. We must live our lives in gratitude, respect, and love. Then, at the end, we can be peaceful and at ease. With this peace and ease, we will not be influenced by suffering. There are no other ways to practice, no tricks. The most important just be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20111213《法譬如水》八苦 (三)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: