Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語—20120820《法譬如水》開啟智慧之門

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29041
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語—20120820《法譬如水》開啟智慧之門 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語—20120820《法譬如水》開啟智慧之門   靜思晨語—20120820《法譬如水》開啟智慧之門 Empty周一 8月 20, 2012 9:41 pm

【證嚴上人開示】

我們最近一直都在說造業,我們學佛,要如何防止造惡業呢?那就要先關欲門,開啟智慧之門,這個欲心要將它制伏下來。

所以我們過去也一直在談戒律,戒就是防非止惡,這種戒律保護我們的慧命,防止我們的身去做錯,走上偏差的路,所以我們需要戒。

所以我們有菩薩戒,要做菩薩,就要守好這樣的戒,不只是守戒,我們又還要推行「愛」。欲關起來了,無色的大愛要開啟,稱作菩薩道。所以菩薩要訓練出,不捨眾生受苦難。

我們常說:「菩薩所緣,緣苦眾生。」因為世間多苦難的眾生,才需要菩薩出現人間。所以菩薩來人間,他的因緣,也是為了苦難的眾生。既然我們來到人間,我們與佛有緣,選擇佛法,所以我們要走的這條路,就叫做菩薩道。所以我們一定要培養這念,不忍眾生受苦難。

這個不忍心我們要培養起來,不忍心眾生受苦難,叫做悲憫心。人人若有這分悲憫心,我們就不忍心眾生在受苦,我們不為自己求安樂。

看到眾生在受苦,我們自己只顧自己平安,顧自己的快樂,這樣一點都沒有意義;不只是沒有意義,還造業。

看到眾生在受苦

卻只顧自己平安快樂
這種人生無法創造價值

還會造下惡業
我們昨天說過,我們為自己享受,不論是衣、食、住、行,我們都講究名牌、講究方便。

看看現在高樓大廈這樣建設,大家在行之間,都是要享受,手按一個鈕,電梯下來了,一樓到二樓也是搭電梯,何況三樓、四樓、五樓以上,這都是貪求方便。

何況衣食,穿要講究穿得很好。現在都是在講究名牌,不是曾對大家說過,有這樣的事情?委託行一件衣服,吊在那裡很久了,賣不出去,她自己覺得很奇怪:「這件衣服的質料這麼好,為什麼賣不出去?」很多人來摸這件衣服,很多人將這件衣服拿起來看,都說:「很美。」這件衣服問多少價錢:「兩千元。」又把它吊回去。她自己覺得很奇怪:「這麼美,價錢也沒有比較貴,為什麼呢?」

有一天,朋友來了,同樣去摸這件衣服,同樣拿下來看。這是她的主顧客,她說:「這件衣服這麼好,妳看一看,妳怎麼不買?」

她說:「雖然很美,但是價錢這麼便宜,真有好貨嗎?這真的是名牌嗎?」

她抓住顧客的心理,她了解了。客人出去後,她將這件衣服拿下來,價錢撕掉,又再換一個標價出去,八千元!

掛上去之後,隔天又有人來看,這件衣服拿來看看,很美。看價錢,八千元,「好!妳幫我包起來。」這樣買回去了,所以這家委託行的老闆娘,是我們的委員,所以她把六千元拿來捐了。

她說:「師父,若是以前我會很高興;不過,我現在覺得,對良心很過意不去。標價兩千元,為了趕緊將它促銷賣出去,也是為了適應消費者的心態,所以我開價八千元。現在我覺得,對自己的良心過不去,多了六千元出來,所以我要拿來捐。」

說起來,同樣一件衣服,在路邊買說不定是兩百元,在委託行的標價二千元,這樣還嫌太便宜,這樣她覺得不滿足。名牌的品格,就要將它標得很貴,這樣才是名牌的品格。眾生顛倒了、迷了。

那六千元,我們能救濟幾個家庭呢?所以常說一句話:「富家一頓飯,貧人半年糧。」所以說來,人生顛倒!

我們昨天說過,衣、食、住、行都講究享受。明明看到這麼樣多的苦難人,無法啟發他的悲憫心,都是放恣情欲;就是放蕩了我們的心,享受五欲的情、愛和享受!

或因衣食園林池沼

生蕩逸業

或以盛年放恣情欲

造眾罪業
菩薩就不忍心了,不忍眾生受苦難,絕對是不為自己求安樂。所以昨天我們所說的,我們應該要記得,在我們的日常生活中,我們要很節儉。

儉是美德。我們現在一直在推行:「減碳生活。」哪怕不該用的電,我們也要省,何況這樣在浪費呢?

就像我去醫院,院長就開始去按電梯。我說:「我們現在要去幾樓?」

他說:「二樓。」

我說:「你忘了嗎?十六樓都在爬了,二樓為什麼要按電梯?」

他說:「師父,我想到你的腳在痛。」

我說:「爬二、三樓應該沒問題。」

我趕緊轉到樓梯那邊,開始爬樓梯。

到了樓上我說:「這樣不是很容易的事嗎?」

他說:「有的,我們平時也都爬樓梯,我們都在響應。」

各位,這就是要在平常的時候,我們要適應大自然的生活。所以我們不只是不能享受。

接下來的這段經文這麼說:

或作有漏善

回向三有

障出世業

我們不只是不要享受,我們要將我們的愛心打開,我們要將我們的欲門關起來,來做好事好了。所以有的人開始願意做好事了,不過「作有漏善」,做善事要求回報。

有的人就說:「做善事能得福,所以我要祈求。」「我若去救人,就能增加我的福報。」或是布施,「我若做這件生意,我就能賺錢。」「還好我布施了,所以我現在的事業很順。」或者是有的人,我要趕緊念佛、念佛、拜拜,甚至我要去布施,我這一生很辛苦,我要求來生能更幸福,看能不能來生出生在有錢人家,能享受。」這叫做「有漏善」。

付出卻是有所求。慈濟人不是常說:「付出無所求。」不只是無所求,還要感恩。慈濟人全球都是如此,大家很甘願做,無論多麼辛苦,都是很歡喜的接受。哪怕做了很多善事,很投入;若有什麼境界,出現在他的身上、他的環境,他能夠轉換他的心境,以智慧來接受。

台大的謝教授,騎一輛腳踏車,早上運動,同時要去上班。一個失去理智的人,看到這位謝教授,他就出手打下去,從頭上這樣捶下去。一位讀書人,突然間受到這種這麼大的力量,強力無比,往頭上捶下來,他就倒下了。同時,這位發狂的人,又往他身上一直踢,往頭上一直捶,一直到送到醫院就已經往生了。經過醫師的解剖之後知道,整個腦部都出血,而且全身肝、脾、肺、胃都碎了。

他的太太,就是我們教聯會的張老師,剛好在花蓮,接到這個訊息時,很鎮靜,她趕緊要回去,我們教聯會的人趕快陪她。

回到家裡,看到很多慈濟人在她家,在她先生身邊,都安排得很好,三個孩子也安撫得很好。包包還揹在身上,看到慈濟人就說:「感恩!感恩!」雖然淚流滿面,但是還是很冷靜,一直說感恩。

包包還沒放下來,就到先生靈前祭拜他,拿起香,就對先生說:「對不起,慈濟這麼好的團體,我都沒有將你帶進來。對不起,這麼好的團體,沒有帶你進來。」這是她碰上這麼大的打擊,她的心能很平靜,甚至感恩。若要說有後悔,就是沒將先生帶進來。

同時有人問她:「對這個兇手她有什麼看法?」

「沒有,我要採取原諒,原諒別人是善待自己,所以我要原諒他。」

隨即告訴她的孩子說:「兒子,爸爸今天遇到這樣的事,這是一番震撼教育!我們要用感恩心來接受,這是一個震撼教育。」

所以,這是一位多麼有智慧。

甚至她也說:「但願先生是最後一個犧牲者。」

看,這種心態,付出,她是教聯會的,用愛教育,投入慈濟受證委員,落實社區。她難道是慈善做得不夠嗎?有啊,她做了很多,不過眾生,每一世都像一本劇本,各人過去生中所寫下來的劇本,已經定下來了,眾生就是要按照這個業,因緣果報去受。

這一世所受的,是前世的因,這一世的果。她聽很多了,她了解了,再追究也沒用,她以悲憫心,悲,不捨,不捨先生,受到這麼暴力強大的力量,打得腦腫肺碎。雖然血都沒有流出來,但是整個腦子裡面都是,整個內臟都碎了。

雖然悲,但是憫念對方,對方他就是走錯路,這輩子已經定型了,是苦難人,他受到法律的制裁,不知幾年後才能再出獄。出獄之後,失去人家對他的尊敬,失去了人家對他的信賴,所以這輩子應該就是,無法再有什麼好的日子過。所以她悲憫,她原諒,所以這叫做悲憫心,不忍眾生受苦難。

其實,再怎麼計較下去,她自己的心也不能解脫,不知道這個官司要打幾年,很辛苦。所以,她採取放棄計較,放棄這分不原諒,所以她用原諒的心。

她回來,又來向我說感恩;雖然對先生很不捨,說起來還在哭,不過,臉上在笑。帶著三個孩子回來,說感恩這個大家庭,讓她很快走出陰霾,她們一家人面向光明,迎向祥和,每天過著很祥和的日子。

所以,若能開啟悲憫的心念,這樣一切的業都會消。

所以我們為善,我們也不要有那種「有漏善」。我們要付出而無所求,一切都是過去生,過去、現在、未來,我們行菩薩道,我們就要有這分的重念因果。過去不是說過觀四因果嗎?所以希望大家要時時多用心。

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語—20120820《法譬如水》開啟智慧之門   靜思晨語—20120820《法譬如水》開啟智慧之門 Empty周一 8月 20, 2012 9:42 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語—20120820《法譬如水》開啟智慧之門   靜思晨語—20120820《法譬如水》開啟智慧之門 Empty周四 8月 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Opening the Gates of Wisdom (
開啟智慧之門)

We have been talking about creating karma. As Buddhist practitioners, how do we avoid creating karma? First, we close the door of desire, then we open the gate of wisdom. We must subdue our desirous minds. We have previously talked about precepts. Precepts prevent wrongdoing. They protect our Wisdom-life. They prevent us from taking wrong actions and following deviant paths. We need precepts. So, we have the Bodhisattva-precepts. To become a Bodhisattva, we must uphold these precepts. In addition to the precepts, we must also promote “love.” Once desire is shut off, selfless Great Love must be brought out; this is the Bodhisattva-path.

A Bodhisattva practitioner will not abandon suffering sentient beings. We often say, “Bodhisattvas exist because of suffering sentient beings.” Bodhisattvas manifest in the world because there are so many suffering sentient beings. Suffering beings are the causes and the conditions of Bodhisattvas.

Since we were born in the Human Realm, have an affinity with the Buddha and chose the Buddha-Dharma, the path we must now follow is the Bodhisattva-path. We must cultivate a mind of empathy so that we cannot bear to let sentient beings suffer. This empathy for all suffering beings that we are cultivating is called compassion. If we all had this compassion, we would not let others suffer. We wouldn’t seek our own enjoyment. If we see other beings suffer, but only look after our own security or our own happiness, we not only lead a meaningless life, we also create karma.

If we see sentient beings suffering but only think of our own peace and happiness, we are living a life with no way to create meaning, and creating negative karma instead.

We talked about enjoying our food, clothing, homes and transportation. We are always so picky about name brands, or convenience.

We see many high-rise apartments today. Everyone wants to enjoy themselves as they come and go. We push a button, and the elevator comes down, even if we are only going up one flight. This is all a desire for convenience. What about clothes? We are picky about dressing very well. Now everyone cares about name brands. Haven’t I told you about this before? One piece of clothing was hanging in a boutique for a long time. No one bought it. The owner thought it was very strange. The piece was made of high quality material, so why did no one buy it? Many people came and felt it. They would take it off the rack to look, and say “It is so beautiful! How much does it cost?”
“$2000 NT dollars.”
Then they would put it back. The owner thought it was odd because it was so beautiful, and the price wasn’t that high. Why?

One day her friend came and also felt the clothing and took it down. The owner said, “You can see this piece is quite nice. “Why don’t you buy it?
She replied, “Yes, it’s nice, but the price is so cheap, are you sure it’s good quality? Is it really name brand?”

She was able to grasp how customers think. So after her friend left, she took this piece of clothing down, ripped off the tag and put a new price on it: $8000 NT dollars. Then she hung it back up. The next day someone came in and took the piece down to look. “So pretty.”
Seeing the NT$8000 price, she said “Good, can you wrap this for me?” and bought it, just like that.
The proprietor of this store is a Tzu Chi commissioner. She brought in NT$6000 to donate and said, “Master, Once I would have been really happy, but now I feel guilty, and cannot face my conscience. The price was NT$2000, but to quickly sell it and to suit the consumer’s mentality, I raised it to NT$8000. Now I cannot face my conscience. I made an extra NT$6000, so I am donating it.”

Actually, you might be able to buy the same piece of clothing for NT$200 from a street vendor. But in a store, if it is NT$2000, people suspect it is too cheap and aren’t satisfied. The nature of name-brand goods is that they are expensive; only then can they be name-brand. Sentient beings are deluded and confused. With that NT$6000, we can give aid to a number of families. So it is often said, “The price of a meal in a rich family can feed the poor for months.”

These people’s lives are misguided. As we have said, some are picky about food, clothing, home and transportation. Even though they see others suffering, they do not have any compassion. Indulging freely in their passions and desires is being wanton with their minds and enjoying the pleasures of the Five Desires.

Enjoying clothing, food and beautiful landscapes brings karma of idle indulgence. If we indulge freely in desires while in the prime of our lives we create karma of many transgressions.

Bodhisattvas are empathetic towards suffering sentient beings; they do not seek their own happiness. We should remember what we talked about yesterday. In our daily lives, we must be very frugal. Thrift is a virtue. Now we are always promoting a “low-carbon lifestyle.” We are trying to cut down power usage and rampant consumption.

When I was at the hospital, the superintendent reached for the elevator call button. I asked, “Which floor are we going?”
He said, “Second floor.”
“Have you forgotten? I would even climb sixteen flights, so why take the elevator to the 2nd floor?”
“Master, I thought your feet hurt.”
“I can still climb a few flights.”
I quickly turned to the stairs, and started up. When we reached the floor above, I said, “That wasn’t too hard, was it?”
“No, it wasn’t.”
We normally climb the stairs, in response [to environmental concerns].

Everyone, in our ordinary routines, we should live a life adapted to nature. This is not only about avoiding indulgence.

The Water Repentance also says, “Performing Flawed Good Deeds for merit in the Three Realms, is an obstacle to transcending the world.”

Not only must we not indulge, we must open our loving hearts, close the doors of desire, and perform good deeds well. Some people start with a vow to do good, but they “perform Flawed Good Deeds.” They do good to seek a reward. Some people say, “I will be blessed if I do good, so I pray that when I help others I can increase my own merit.”

Or when giving, they think, “If I get this piece of work and earn some money, then I will give, so my business runs smoothly.” There are others who think, “I should chant and pray, or even give alms I have suffered so much this life. I want a better life next time. Maybe I can be born in a rich family and enjoy life.” These “Flawed Good Deeds” are done with a desire for reward. Don’t Tzu Chi volunteers always say, “Give without asking anything in return.” On top of this, we must also be grateful.

Our volunteers all over the world are like this. Everyone is willing to work. No matter how hard it may be, they all happily accept the difficulties. If they are doing marry good things and are very committed; even if the environment around them changes, they can transform their minds and accept these difficulties with wisdom. Professor Xie of National Taiwan University rode his bike to work every morning for exercise. An insane person saw this professor and started hitting him, pounding on him from the head down. A scholar, suddenly struck with such tremendous force, all over his head and body, simply fell over. This crazy person started kicking him as well, while continuing to hit him. He was pronounced dead upon arriving at the hospital. The autopsy revealed that his brain had hemorrhaged, and all his internal organs were shattered. His wife, who is a member of our Teacher’s Association, happened to be in Hualien at the time. When she received the news, she was very calm. She quickly returned home, along with many members of the Teacher’s Association. Arriving home, she saw so many Tzu Chi volunteers by her husband’s body. They had arranged everything well, and comforted her three children. She saw all this. Before she put down her bag, she said to everyone, “Thank you, thank you.” Although her face was covered in tears, she stayed calm and kept saying, “Thank you.”

Without putting her bag down, she went to her husband and prayed for him. She took an incense and said to her husband, “I am sorry. Tzu Chi is such a good organization, and I never brought you into it. I’m sorry.” Encountering such a catastrophic change, her mind was able to stay calm and even grateful. If she had and regret, it was that she never brought him to Tzu Chi. At that time, someone asked her how she felt about the person who did this “I want to practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is kindness to ourselves, so I want to forgive him.” Afterwards she told her children, “What happened today to your father is a very shocking lesson. We should accept it with gratitude.”

This is a very wise wisdom. So even said, “I wish my husband could be the last victim.”
Look at this mindset of giving. She is a member of our Teacher’s Association, who teaches with love. She was certified as c Commissioner, actualizing Tzu Chi’s spirit in communities. Hasn’t she done enough good deeds? Yes, she has done a lot. But sentient beings are like scripts that have been written in their past lives. Everything is already set. Sentient beings are subject to karma, the law of cause and effect. Everything that happens in this life is, the fruition of seeds planted in past lives. She heard this often and understood. Pursuing the matter further was useless. She was compassionate and felt for her husband. Her heart went out thinking that he had been assaulted with such force that his brain and lungs were damaged. Although no blood came out, his entire brain hemorrhaged and his organs were shattered. She was sad, but she had compassion for the other man.

He had gone down the wrong path, and this life was already set to be full of suffering. He received legal punishment and will spend a long time in jail. After he gets out, he will have lost everyone’s trust and respect. So, he will probably live the rest of his life in misery. Thus, she was compassionate and forgave him. This is having compassion being empathetic towards others suffering.

Actually, if she continued to have grievances, her mind couldn’t be free. The legal case could drag on painfully for years. So, she abandoned the conflict, abandoned being unforgiving. She used forgiveness. When she visited the Abode, she came to thank me. Though saddened by the loss of her husband, with tears streaming down her face, she still smiled. She brought her three children and said “Be grateful to the Tzu Chi family.” This “family” helped her out of darkness and brought her family toward the light. Now they can live a life of peace and harmony. If we can open our mind of compassion, we can eliminate all karma. If we are committed to do good, we should not engage in “Flawed Good Deeds.” We should give without asking anything in return.

Everything is [related to cause and effect.] Following the Bodhisattvas-path, we should see the importance of cause and effect. Haven’t I said we should pay attention to karma? Everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語—20120820《法譬如水》開啟智慧之門
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: