Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語—20120830《法譬如水》守戒互愛

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29041
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語—20120830《法譬如水》守戒互愛 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語—20120830《法譬如水》守戒互愛   靜思晨語—20120830《法譬如水》守戒互愛 Empty周四 8月 30, 2012 1:28 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語—20120830《法譬如水》守戒互愛   靜思晨語—20120830《法譬如水》守戒互愛 Empty周四 8月 30, 2012 10:51 pm

【證嚴上人開示】

尊重生命,守戒互愛,情與無情,蠢動含靈,皆貪求生。怕被殺傷,這是人之常情,所以人人都要尊重生命,疼惜一切生物。哪怕是有情無情,都有物命;何況蠢動含靈,無不都是生命。

看看,鳥兒都在樹上棲息,很快樂;牠們也有家屬,有母鳥、公鳥,護著牠的孩子在樹上,教牠如何覓食、教牠怎麼飛。若是人輕輕拿顆石頭向牠一丟,鳥就四散了。

看,說不定牠們四散而去,各自在找各自的家屬,之後牠會再結群飛回來。有時我們看到鳥兒在飛,就有一隻鳥領頭帶隊,會飛成人字形;多麼有次序。你想,這難道不是生命?

生命在牠們的世界,有牠們的規矩、有牠們的次序。所以牠們也是一樣,皆貪求生、怕被傷殺,所以我們應該要時時,用愛來護生。

所以平時的生活,我們要守戒互愛。

文中這麼說:

勿殺勿行杖

雖復禽獸之殊

保命畏死其事是一

就是要告訴我們,我們不要殺,有的是用刀子殺、有的是用棍子打。從前常聽到,要殺牛,要先用棍子把牠打昏再殺;這是小時候曾聽到,現在就不知道了。

現代的社會也有這樣,發生了命案,命案的過程用很多方式,聽了真令人髮指,覺得人生很凶惡! 殺人者要償命,一樣要賠人家的命。

即使依現在的法律輕重怎麼判,只不過在人間的短暫。不論判輕判重,但是生命中的因果,真的是很奇妙,不是法律制裁就過去了,「萬般帶不去,唯有業隨身」,業還是永遠跟著。

是恩,報恩。一家人大家相處,父慈子孝、子賢,很孝順又有才華,這就是來報恩的,互相的。

有的人一樣是生兒,一樣養兒、育兒,但是他就是來討債的;環境再好,孩子就是不學好,從小就讓父母操心。這種冤冤相報的也是很多,在這個世間。

世間舞台我們能看到,各人所演的角色不同;我們能看到很多無奈、無奈;苦難又苦難的眾生,可見業力可畏!

所以一切生靈物命,都有各自的生命。我們若能以疼惜的愛心、將心比心,我們對一切生靈,都當作是我們自己自身。那些牛、馬,說不定是我們過去生中的身形,一不小心造了畜生業!也說不定那些牛、馬,也是我們所生的孩子。

一切生靈,無論是人或什麼畜生,都是在六道中,互為父母、互為子孫。這是我們此生看不到的,不知道的,因為我們已經迷了。所以我們若能了解這些事,自然會將一切生靈,當成我們的子孫、當成我們的至愛;我們會去保護他。

記得有一天,我們常住抱著善來(波斯貓) ,來告訴我:「師父,善來要去住院,要送去臺北,臺北才有這樣的獸醫,所以牠要入院。」

「牠怎麼了?」

他說:「牠長瘤了,有一顆瘤;所以說不定要開刀住院。」

「快將牠送去。」

去了,醫師也宣佈很老了,這顆瘤即使開刀也不一定會好;解釋了一些病理。後來就做了一個決定:「不然,我們善來,可以讓你們做大體解剖嗎?讓你們研究。」善來也能做大體解剖。

牠是一隻貓,我們也是疼牠愛牠,說起來,在我們這裡,我們也已經養牠二十年了,差不多了。以我們人間的二十年,在牠們的生命世界,已經超過百年了。老了,一樣有生、老、病、死。

我們疼牠,牠生病了,我們將牠當作人來看待,從花蓮要送到臺北,到獸醫院住院。既然醫療也有極限,所以生命也有一個極限;讓牠身後也能有一個貢獻,所以牠也能捐大體,大體解剖。

你想,我們是不是也要把這些動物,當作我們的子孫?說不定是我們過去的父母,最親最愛的家庭的人。所以若是能如此疼惜牠,你還忍心去殺、或是吃牠嗎?不忍心,所以我們應該以這分疼惜生靈,如自己的子孫家人。

若能如此,我們就能體會到,蠢動含靈同樣有佛性,我們就如在護佛想,若能如此,我們才能不去犯殺戒。

因為殺以種種方式,有的用刀、有的用杖、棍子、有的用雙手,真的是很多種。覺得這個殺的器具很多,這是真的很殘忍,非常殘酷!不是因果不報,是時候還未到。所以人人造業、受業。

所以我們要知道,雖然我們所看到的那些是禽獸;所看到的形體不同,貓有貓的形、狗有狗的形、牛有牛的形、馬有馬的形、鳥有鳥不同種的形等等,無論天飛的、地上跑的,雖然各個形類不同。「殊」就是不同,但是「保命畏死,其事是一。」要如何保護牠的性命?很怕死,這都是一樣的心情。

所以我們人是萬物之靈,我們要保護眾生的命。無論有情、無情;無論是天飛、地走。一切的一切我們都要用愛。

在經文中又是這麼說:

若尋此眾生

無始以來

或是我父母兄弟

六親眷屬

我們若想到這些,過去生無始生死,六道中不同的形命;說不定我們已經,互為父母、親子兄弟等等,都互相扮演過,說不定;說不定也是我們的六親眷屬。

這段文字雖然淺顯,但是它的意思卻也很深。我們要細心來研究,因緣果報這個觀念;我們應該要再深入。

六親眷屬,有時我們都互相認不得。《梵網經》裡也有這樣一段文字:

一切男子是我父

一切女人是我母
我生生無不從之受生

故六道眾生皆是我父母

《梵網經》

舉這段經文,我們就知道,六道難道只有人的父母而已嗎?不只!剛才我說的,說不定我們現在所看到的,那些牛、羊、馬,說不定前生,我們也是牛、羊、馬,我們所生的。我們脫離那個形態再來做人,說不定我們在六道中,也是一樣在輪迴!

所以說來,在六道之間,無論有形無形,我們要培養這念愛心去疼惜。

所以在一段經文中,有這樣的故事就說:

一位天帝釋,以他的天眼觀天下,看到他一位很好的朋友,現在在人間是一位婦女。這位婦女像經營企業一樣,在貿易,他覺得:「世間實在很苦,所以既然是我的好朋友,我應該去度她。」

所以這位天帝釋,化作一位長者,站在店門前,看著這位婦女微微地一直笑。這位婦女以為客人來了,趕緊叫她兒子,趕緊去搬椅子來;但是去拿椅子來,好像很慢,這個人還站在那裡,一直看她、一直笑,椅子還沒來,一直被這個人看、一直笑。

她說:「為什麼你看到我一直笑?」

兒子慢一點搬椅子來,她就一直罵他,他聽到在罵兒子,又一直笑。她趕快叫下人來打鼓、奏樂,可能這位是大客戶。他又看到那些人在打鼓作樂,他又在那裡笑。

又看到隔壁有人父親生病,殺牛要來祭祀,他又在那兒笑。後來,又看到一位婦女抱著一個孩子,那個孩子很壞,被母親抱著,一直打他母親,又用手將母親的臉抓得流血,母親還是抱得緊緊的。

這位婦女看到這個人,無論看到什麼都只是笑;笑了又看著她,她心裡覺得很彆扭、她覺得很生氣。

她說:「你這人是怎樣,椅子又不坐,看到我一直笑?看到我罵兒子你也笑、看到在那裡打鼓你也笑。」問他:「你到底為什麼,什麼用意?」

他就說,他說:「我覺得,我是你的朋友,你也不認得我;這是你的父親,生在你的家庭來做你的兒子,你也是這樣在罵他;前世與今生你都不認得。」

「看到那個人在打鼓,其實鼓是牛皮的;打鼓的這個年輕人,其實這張牛皮,是他過去生的牛皮,他自己在打他的牛皮。看到這個人,你看,他為了他的父親在祭祀,其實好像飲鴆止渴一樣,父親死後一樣會去做牛。」

「再來,看到那個女人,其實抱孩子的是大太太;那個孩子是姨太太,就是被大太太虐待,她不甘願自殺了。死後再來生為大太太的孩子,所以要來報仇;她也是甘願讓她報。你看她抱著時,這樣打她,從小一直到老,會將她虐待到老。」

這位婦人很茫然,他說:「你不相信?幾天後我再來。」

幾天後,這位婦女一直看:「到底幾天後這個人會再來?又是什麼樣子呢?這幾天的時間都沒看到這個人?」

那時候,國王下令舉行一個盛大的會,這位婦女就去參加。在人群、群眾中,大家在看,旁邊出現一個衣衫襤褸,就叫她。

她說:「你這人怎麼這樣,我又不認識你。」

他說:「怎麼不認得?幾天前我才去過你家!你看,在同樣這一世,幾天前我去你家和你說話,你不相信;幾天後我出現在你面前,你就不認得我了,這樣還說你不相信前世的事嗎?」恍然大悟。

話說完了,佛陀就說:「你們大家知道嗎?那位天帝釋就是我釋迦牟尼佛;那位女人是現在的彌勒菩薩。過去生中我這樣去度了彌勒,所以他現在在我的座下,發願來世,就是接著要來娑婆世界,教化眾生。」

這段經文我們聽聽看,真的一世又一世,誰又能認得誰呢?在同一世,幾天的時間,現長者身,衣衫襤褸就不認識了,何況是隔世。

所以人生迷,我們要好好把所有的生靈,當成是我們的六親眷屬,這樣我們就不會結怨連仇了。所以我們要時時多用心。

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語—20120830《法譬如水》守戒互愛   靜思晨語—20120830《法譬如水》守戒互愛 Empty周六 9月 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Uphold Precepts and Love Others (
守戒互愛)

Respect life, uphold precepts and love all sentient and non-sentient beings. All beings that move and possess life seek survival and fear harm and death. This is the nature of things.

So, everyone should respect life. We must love and cherish all beings. All sentient and non-sentient beings have life, so we must especially cherish sentient beings. The birds rest happily on the trees. They have families too. The male and female birds protect their offspring, teach them how to fly and find food. If someone tosses a stone at them, they will fly off. Afterwards they may seek their own families and return as a group. Sometimes we see a group of birds fly in a “V” shape form behind a leader. They are so orderly.

Think about it; they are all alive. These beings have their own world, their own rules, their own order. They also seek survival and fear being harmed. So, we must always protect life with love. In our daily living, we should uphold precepts and love others.

The Water Repentance states, “Don’t kill or abuse animals. Although they vary in form, their instinct to survive and fear of death are the same.” This passage is telling us that we should not kill. Some people kill animals with a knife, some people beat them with sticks or clubs.

When I was young I heard that people would slaughter cows after beating them unconscious. I am not sure how it is done nowadays. In society today, many homicides are committed in the most gruesome ways. It seems that life is really brutal. A killer has to pay for the life he took. The legal punishment one receives is brief, because it is over in one lifetime. Whether one receives a light or heavy sentence, the effects of karma are inconceivable. They do not just end with legal sanctions. “When we die, we take nothing with us but karma.” Karma always follows us. We should repay others’ kindness. In a harmonious family, the fathers are kind, the children filial. These nice and talented children are here to repay their parents; the relationship is mutual.

Others raise their children the same way, but their children are here to collect a debt. Despite the good environment, they misbehave and always cause their parents worry. There are many such cases. On the world’s stage, we can see the various roles that people play. We can see the helplessness of suffering sentient beings. The force of karma is fearsome. All living beings possess life. We should cherish them with love and put ourselves in the position of others.

Then we treat all living beings as our own selves. Perhaps we took the forms of cows and horses in our past lives, when we created negative karma. Maybe our children were cows and horses. All living beings, whether people or animals, are within the Six Realms. Each has taken turns beings a parent or child of others during past lifetimes. We are unaware of this because we are deluded. If we can understand these phenomena, we will naturally treat all beings as our children. We will love them wholeheartedly and protect them.

I remember one day, a resident nun was holding Shan-Lai (a cat) and told me that it had to be hospitalized in Taipei, where there are specialized vets. So the cat had to go to the hospital.
Why?
It had a tumor and might require an operation. It was quickly sent to the vet. The vet indicated that since it was so old, it might not recover, even after an operation. After analyzing the situation, we made a decision to offer Shan-Lai’s body for them to study its anatomy after it passed away. We had loved and cared for this cat for nearly 20 years. 20 cat-years is probably equivalent to over 100 people-years. So it was already old. It also underwent birth, aging, illness and death. We cherished and treated it as human. When it was ill, we sent it to an animal hospital in Taipei. Since medical treatment has limitations, and all creatures’ lives are also limited, we wanted to allow the cat to make a contribution, by donating its body for research purposes. Shouldn’t we treat these animals like our children, parents and most beloved family members from our past lives? If we can cherish them this way, how can we bear to kill or eat them? We cannot. So, we should treasure all living beings as our own children and family.

In this way, we can realize that all beings, no matter how small, possess the Buddha-nature. So, with a mindset of protecting the Buddha, we will not violate the precept of killing. There are many methods of killing, using knives, staffs, rods or bare hands.

There are indeed many tools for slaughtering, which are cruel and brutal. The karmic retribution of killing will inevitably arrive, whether sooner or later. When one creates karma, one receives retributions. We should know this. Animals have many different physical forms, cats have the form of a cat, dogs the form of a dog, cows the form of a cow, horses the form of a horse, birds the form of a bird, and so on. Whether they fly in the sky or run on the ground, though their forms are all different, “their instinct to survive, their fear of death is all the same.” They all wish to live. Being the most intelligent of all animals, we should protect the lives of all beings. Whether they fly or walk, we should care for them with love.

The Water Repentance goes on to say, “Since Beginningless Time, all sentient beings have been my parents, siblings and family.” Since Beginningless Time, we have continued to be reborn, taking different forms in the Six Realms. Perhaps we have played the part of parent or sibling, etc., for each other. Perhaps we have all been relatives before. Although these words are simple, they carry profound meanings. Let us carefully analyze this. Let us look deeper into the concept of the karmic law of cause and effect. Sometimes we do not even recognize our own family members.

In the Brahmajala Sutra, there is this passage. “All males are my father and all females are my mother. I have been reborn life after life, so all beings of the Six Realms are my parents.”

Form these verses we can understand that the Six Realms include not just people, but also animals. Perhaps the cows, goats or horses we see now are the children we gave birth to when we were cows, goats or horses in past lives. Though we left that body and were reborn human, we are still in transmigration within the Six Realms.

So we should develop our kindness in loving all beings in the Six Realms, whether or not they are visible in our world.

In the Sutra, there is the following story. A Sakra, sovereign of heaven, used his heavenly eyes to observe his good friend, who had been reborn as a woman. This woman managed some kind of business. Since the world is filled with suffering, Sakra thought he should help his good friend. So, Sakra transformed into an elder and stood in front of the store smiling at the woman. The woman thought he was a client, and quickly asked her son to bring a chair. But for some reason, the son was slow in fetching the chair, and the person just stood there, continuing to look at her and smile. While waiting for chair, he just continue to look at her and smile.
She asked, “Why do you keep smiling at me?”
She then scolded her son for taking so long. He continued to smile. She thought that he could be a big client, so she ordered her workers to play music. As he watched them play music, he smiled. Seeing the neighbor slaughtering a cow as and offering to help his ailing father, the elder smiled. Then a woman holding a child walked by. The child was dreadful and kept hitting his mother as she carried him. The mother held him tightly even as he scratched her face until it bled.

Seeing how he was smiling at everything and continuing to look at her, the businesswoman felt very awkward. She became annoyed and said, “What is wrong with you? You refuse to sit and just keep smiling at me. You smiled when I scolded my son and when you heard the music. What purpose do you have coming here?”
He answered, “I was your friend, but you don’t recognize me. Your son now used to be your father. You scold him the same way he scolded you. You don’t recognize your past and present lives. The drum that person is beating is made of cowhide. This young drummer was that cow in a past life, so he is beating on his own skin. The person making an offering for his father is quenching thirst by drinking poison. After his father dies, he will become a cow. The child that the woman holds was the concubine of her husband whom she had tortured. Resentfully, she committed suicide, and was reborn as that child to take revenge. The woman is willingly accepting it. You see how the child beats her. She will continued to be tortured till old age.”

The businesswoman was dumbfounded.
He said, “If you don’t believe me, I’ll return in a few days.”
The businesswoman waited for him to return. But he did not appear after a few days. Meanwhile, the king held a big event, which she attended. Among the crowd, a person in rags suddenly appeared beside her. As he called to her, she said, “What are you doing? I don’t know you.”
He said, “You don’t recognize me? I was just at your house a few days ago. We are still in this same lifetime. I just spoke to you and you didn’t believe me. Now I appear before you a few days later, and you no longer recognize me. How can you deny the existence of past lives?” Suddenly, she understood.

After finishing the story, the Buddha said, “That Sakra was me and the businesswoman was the current Maitreya Bodhisattvas. I guided him in that past life, so now he is my disciple who has vowed to return to liberate the beings of the Saha-world.”

From this passage we realize that it is truly difficult for us to recognize one another life after life. In the same lifetime, the businesswoman could not even recognize him when he appeared in rags a few days later, let alone recognize him from another life.

So, life is filled with delusions. We must treat all living beings as our family. Then we will not create negative affinities. So we should always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語—20120830《法譬如水》守戒互愛
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: