Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語—20120918《法譬如水》眾生平等觀

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29010
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語—20120918《法譬如水》眾生平等觀 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語—20120918《法譬如水》眾生平等觀   靜思晨語—20120918《法譬如水》眾生平等觀 Empty周二 9月 18, 2012 10:33 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語—20120918《法譬如水》眾生平等觀   靜思晨語—20120918《法譬如水》眾生平等觀 Empty周二 9月 18, 2012 10:34 pm

【證嚴上人開示】

平時一直對大家再叮嚀,一而再分享,我們時時要有因果觀。

無論說一句話,也有因緣果報。這種因緣果報在日常生活中,待人接物,哪一個時刻不是很完整呢?我們若是能細心、用心,多對它好好觀察,這是最微妙的教法。

佛陀教導我們,要時時有眾生命平等觀,這種心念。不可輕視這個形,是比較輕微的生命,所以我們就不去為牠考慮;那分愛無法普及微細的物命。我們的愛心,要時時普及一切形命形類中,這是我們平時所要培養的。

我們現在來看這段經文:

或畜養雞豬

牛羊犬豕

鵝鴨之屬

自供庖廚

這段文也很淺白,養雞,養鴨,養豬,養羊,這些東西都是要宰殺,供給市場,讓人下廚去。多數都是為此而飼養。

其實這些被飼養的東西,都是比較柔弱、很單純的。雖然牛那麼大,牠的性情也很單純;而且過去農業社會,都是靠牛來耕田、拖犂、拖車,到了老來就被人賣去屠宰場。一輩子的拖磨,結果就是在屠夫的刀下死,在人人的桌上擺出來,這種畜類實在很可憐。

牛是如此,羊是如此,豬也是如此;何況雞鴨!這難道不都是在畜生道中,呼天換地?到底什麼人能够知道牠的心聲?

我們人類說是萬物之靈,其實一點都不靈!不能聽聞大地眾生的聲音,不能聞這些禽類叫苦的聲音。所以說來,人類是不是全能、萬能?人類是最不靈的。

接下來這段經文又這麼說:

或賃他宰殺

使其哀聲未盡

毛羽脫落

鱗甲傷毀

身首分離
骨肉銷碎

剝裂屠割

炮燒煮炙

楚毒酸切

橫加無辜

這段文字也很淺顯,大家看了應該明白。

不過,剛才說到殺害眾生,有的人說沒有,我沒有殺,我都是請人家殺的。沒有,我沒有殺,我都是買人家殺好的。這樣是對或不對呢?假使我們自己沒去殺,但是我們請人殺,這條罪是還是歸於主使者。

就像我要去吃海產,現在的海產都是養整櫃,為了要吃比較新鮮的,就在水族箱裡,這樣指著說:「我要這隻,我要這條。」他就去捉來,活生生的;他手一指,餐廳的人就去捉。看著他宰殺,看著他烹煮,上桌這樣吃。像這種為了口福,口與肚子,這樣去主使人殺生,其實這種罪是歸於主使者。當然殺業的人有罪,不過主使者指牠,又吃牠,當然這個業也是很重的。

這種罪業,我們可以知道,就像活生生的人,要將他押赴刑場一樣,看到眾生無論雞、鴨,捉牠時,雞叫聲很大;或是殺豬時,半夜殺豬,屠宰的聲音,古人這麼說:「你若要問何時戰爭會消失?你就先去聽,聽屠宰的半夜聲,屠門中若沒有殺豬的聲音,刀與兵,就是戰爭的劫難就沒有了。」

千百年來碗裏羹

怨深似海恨難平

欲知世上刀兵劫

且聽屠門夜半聲

可見古人都這麼說了!何況我們現在學佛,要更加用心、用憐憫心。眾生的形命是平等的,所以我們要用憐憫心;禽獸的病痛,我們要去關心牠。

看到一段文字,在《放生文》裡有段:

有一位平時愛吃狗肉的人,有一年冬天他覺得冷,狗肉較補,所以就捉狗來宰殺,殺狗前,先用一口鍋子燒水,水燒得滾燙時,將狗殺了。

他感覺狗躺在那裡,應該是死了,所以他就把狗丟入沸水中。那隻狗忽然間從鍋裡衝出來,這個人剛好在鍋子旁,牠衝出來口開開的,往他脖子周圍咬下一塊肉,然後再沉入鍋中。

殺狗、煮狗肉,這個人已經受了重傷,哀嚎,好幾天這個傷口,一直潰爛、一直潰瀾,從脖子一直潰爛到全身,每天哀叫,就像狗吠聲,非常痛苦。這樣拖了一段時間,死得很悽慘。

這就是一種現報,這個生物被殺,捉來殺時就已經很惶恐了;再加上氣未斷,魂尚未離開身體,痛感尚未遠離,就將牠丟入鍋裡。那種痛苦掙扎,是多麼殘忍的事?

所以那種掙扎一起,瞋恨心就是毒,開口這樣咬下去,真的是因果可怕!這就是惡很強,所以很快現生就受報。

因為我們過去曾說過:「生報、現報或是後報,報不同。」

有的人說:「我也殺了很多狗,就不會這樣,我也吃了很多狗肉,也不會這樣。」是時候未到,不是因果不報。

就像這位,他過去也吃了很多狗肉,也沒什麼事;從前也殺了很多狗也沒事,偏偏就是這隻狗,明明看到牠死了,丟入鍋裡又衝出來。牠咬了他,連他的肉咬下去煮;就這樣活生生的人,就這樣拖、拖、拖、拖那麼久才死。

這種受報難道毫無原因?所以有因緣果報。

所以這個地方說,其哀聲未盡之時,即脫其毛,拔其羽,剜其甲,刮其鱗,這也有很多這樣的。

你看,魚還活生生的,魚鱗就這樣一直刮,刮,刮,魚會在那裡一直跳。也有這樣的,雞鴨殺了還未死,就開始將牠丟入鍋裡,也是從鍋裡跳出來。

記得慈濟醫院也有這樣的個案,雞從鍋裡跳出來,撞上幼童,幼童跌到鍋裡,來慈院住了大半年以上。護士要打針,一直打不進去,很難打;兒童的肉很嫩,血管很細,母親在那裡看了,哭,這也是看到那隻雞被殺,人不覺得怎麼樣;一個孩子一樣被這鍋熱水燙傷,你看爺爺,奶奶,爸爸,媽媽,一家人在醫院裡,心的後悔掙扎。又看到孩子的痛,哀叫;那顆心我們就知道有多苦。

所以我們想想看,自己的幼小孩子燙傷,是如此痛苦;一樣是那些動物,牠燙傷了,牠的苦又要向誰投訴?只好投於因緣果報,什麼人殺我,什麼人吃我,這些人將來就是要受報。

所以這段經文又這麼說:

但使一時之快口

得味甚寡

不過三寸舌根而已

是不是這樣呢?就只想我吃這個較合口味,有的人說飼養的雞,好像不怎麼好吃,我愛吃的是土雞。我實在聽不懂,不過,心裡會覺得到底一樣是生命,一樣被你宰殺,還要被你品頭論足,還要被你說好吃不好吃?這只是一時的快口,其實只在三寸的舌根而已,還有什麼味?口味到底還有多少?

所以「然其罪報,殃累永劫,像這樣在殺、這樣吃。這只是在三寸的口舌、舌根而已。若如此,那分罪報,只是一直吃一直吃的罪報,「殃累永劫」,災殃一直拖累下去會很長。

然其罪報 殃累永劫

如是等罪

今日至誠 皆悉懺悔

記得嗎?那位曾經有過,來到精舍,她也是發心想要修行。世界全跑遍了,她自己發露懺悔,她發露懺悔之後,她趕快要修行。捐錢要修行,這之間,她的病已經業相現前了。

她自己常常說:「我從前愈想愈害怕,愈想愈後悔,愈想就愈該懺悔。」相信因為她有所懺悔,因為她有所後悔,所以她的病,業相現前時,在我們醫院裡,受到很多人的照顧;常常和我們的醫學生分享,甚至全省她都去現身說法。雖然帶著病,她也是一樣很勇敢。

你說她痛不痛苦?很痛苦,不過她甘願,甘願受報。她明白因果了,所以她甘願受報。她打開她的心門,不斷發露、不斷懺悔。

想想看,活生生現身說法。到了最後,往生前二天,她叫她的小妹,陪她坐輪椅回來,告訴我:「師父,我都準備好了,我何時可以走?我都準備好了。」

我就說:「一切放下,來去自如。該去的時候,你就歡喜去,該又醒來時,要感恩,又醒了過來。一切放下,就來去自如了。」

隔天接到電話,已經往生了。

所以說來,她真的很發露懺悔,不斷現身說法。雖然是如此,不過,這個殃累,這個災殃,這個業力仍有。相信她這分完全的懺悔,她應該就是重報輕受。該懺悔的也都懺悔完了,所有的財產也捐了;到了最後能有這麼多人,她也很歡喜的離開了。

所以人生因緣果報真的很可怕,所以「如是等罪,今日至誠,皆悉懺悔」。我們應該時時懺悔,不是只有一天的懺悔,時時懺悔。

各位,用」,真的我們不可輕視,那個生命沒什麼,我們要用很平等的觀念,莫輕視形命微小。

莫輕惡小而為之,不要以為這是小小的惡,只是吃肉而已,難道有什麼惡?不可如此,累積下來也是很多。莫以善小而不為,不可說素食真的功德那麼大嗎?最起碼我們不必幫助殺生,素食當然好很多。

各位,人人要時時多用心!

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語—20120918《法譬如水》眾生平等觀   靜思晨語—20120918《法譬如水》眾生平等觀 Empty周日 9月 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Impartiality Toward All Sentient Beings (
眾生平等觀)

I constantly been reminding you and sharing that we must be aware of the concept of cause and effect. Even a single word can bring karmic retribution. Every moment in daily life, in our interactions with people and things, we can see the full cycle of karmic causes and effects. If we can carefully and mindfully observe it, then we can learn the most profound teachings.

The Buddha taught us to see all sentient beings equally. With this mindset, we cannot overlook the lives of small life forms, nor can we behave inconsiderately toward them. If we do, then our love does not reach all beings. Our loving hearts must always extend to all types and forms of life. This is the attitude we need to foster.

Let us look at the passage, “We may raise chickens, pigs, cows, sheep, dogs, geese and ducks, and cool them ourselves.”

This passage is simple. People raise chickens, ducks, pigs and sheep for slaughter; then the meat is sold for people to cook at home. These animals are mainly raised for that purpose.

Domesticated animals are actually more genie, weak and simple. Though cows are large, they have a simple nature. Agricultural societies in the past relied on cows to pull plows and carts for farming. When they grew old, they were sold for slaughter. A lifetime of toil ended at the butcher’s knife, then, the cow was served at people’s tables. These animals are truly pitiable. This happens to cows, as well as to lambs and pigs, not to mention chickens and ducks. Aren’t they are in the Animal Realm? If they cry out, can anyone understand how they feel?

We humans are said to be the most sentient of all being, but we are really not. We cannot hear the agony in the voices and cries of the creatures on this planet. So, can we say that humans are really all-powerful? No, we are the least sentient.

The text continues, “We may have others kill for us. Before their cries even end, fur and feathers are peeled off; scales and shells are broken; bodies are decapitated. Bones and meat are shattered, split open and scraped. By frying, roasting, boiling and broiling, we force cruel and painful suffering upon innocents.”

The meaning of this passage is clear. Everyone should understand it upon reading. I just talked about killing sentient beings. Some protest and say, “I have not killed; I asked someone else to do it.”
“No, I did not kill anything. I only buy what others have killed.”
Is this right? Even if we did not carry out the act of killing, we asked someone else to do it. The bad karma still belongs to the instigator.

Take eating seafood, for example; nowadays, seafood is kept in a tank at restaurants. To eat fresh seafood, people simply point at the fish tank and say, “I want this one. I want that one.”
Then someone else goes and catches it. It is a living creature, but with the point of a finger the restaurant staff catches it, kills it and cooks it. Then it is served at the table. All this to satisfy a craving for taste! If we direct someone else to kill to satisfy our appetite, the bad karma is on us.

Of course, the one who kills creates bad karma, but the person who selects and eats the creature, certainly has tremendous bad karma as well. We can imagine that this is like dragging a living person to be executed. All sentient beings, including chickens and ducks, scream loudly when they are caught. The same sound is heard when pigs are slaughtered in the middle of the night. The ancients said, “If you want to ask when warfare will vanish, you must first listen to the sound of slaughterhouses in the middle of the night.” Once there is no sound from killing pigs, we will no longer suffer from war.

For thousands of years, we have killed for food. Hatred as deep as the sea is hard to quell. To know why there are calamities of war, listen at the butcher’s door in the middle of the night.

Even the ancients said this. Now that we are studying Buddhism, we must be even more mindful and compassionate. All life forms are equal. So we must be compassionate and care about the pain and illnesses of animals.

There is a story in the Essay on Liberating Life. One winter, a person who really liked dog meat decided to catch and kill a dog because of the nourishing qualities of dog meat. He heated a pot of water before killing the dog, and when the water was hot enough, he killed the dog. He thought that the dog, lying on the ground, must be dead, so the man threw the dog into the boiling water. Suddenly, the dog jumped out of the pot. The man was right next to the pot, so when the dog jumped out with his mouth wide open, it took a bite out of the man’s neck before sinking back into the pot. In killing the dog and cooking dog meat, the man was badly hurt. He wailed in pain. Over many days the wound festered. It spread from his neck to the fest of his body. He screamed every day like a dog. It was very painful. This went on until he died miserably.

This is an example of Present-life Retribution. The living creature was killed. Being captured and killed is terrifying enough. But on top of that, the dog was not quite dead, its soul had not departed, so it was still in pain when it was thrown into the pot. That painful struggle is so cruel. As the dog struggled, poisonous thoughts of anger and hatred arose, so it opened its mouth and bit the man. Cause and effect is truly frightening. This is an example of strong evil causes bringing very swift retributions.

In the past, we have said that Next-, Present- and Future-life Retribution are different. Some say, “I have also killed many dogs, but that did not happen to me.” They said, “I have also eaten a lot of dog meat, and this did not happen.” Retribution will come; it is just a matter of time.

The abovementioned man had also eaten a lot of dog meat in the past, with no problems. He had also killed many dogs with no problems. But with this particular dog, when the man thought it was dead and threw it in the pot, it jumped out and bit him. Even the flesh the dog bit off was cooked. This man was alive and well until he was suddenly dragged into a long and painful death. Was this retribution without reason? There were karmic causes and effects present.

The text says, “Before their cries even end, their fur is removed, their feathers are plucked, their shells are cut off, their scales are shaved.” There are many such instances. See, a fish is still alive and jumping while its scales are shaved off. There are also instances of chickens and ducks that were thrown into a pot and then jumped out. Such a case was brought to Tzu Chi Hospital. A chicken jumped out of a pot and ran into a nearby child. The child fell into the pot and ended up staying at the hospital for over six months. When the nurse tried to give him shots, she could not. It was very difficult, as the child’s muscles were delicate, with very thin blood vessels. The mother would cry as she watched. When people see a chicken being killed, they do not think much of it. When a child is scalded by hot water, look at how the entire family, including grandparents and parents, wait at the hospital. Their minds are filled with regrets and struggles. Seeing the kid in pain and screaming, we know how much he is suffering.

So let us think, if our own child is scalded, it is a very painful situation. When animals are scalded, to whom can they complain about their pain? They must simply follow karmic cause and effect. Whoever kills me or eats me will face retribution in the future.

So this section in the text says, “We do this satisfy a momentary craving for only a few tastes that do not go beyond our three-inch tongue.”

Isn’t this the case? We just think about what is tasty for us. Some people do not find farm-raised chickens tasty. They say, “I love free-range chickens. I really do not understand this. In my mind I think “Either way, you are taking a life. And then you quibble about whether it is tasty or not!” It is only a momentary taste that only exists on our three-inch tongue. What is taste anyway? So, “The resultant retributions will last for unending Kalpas.” The transgressions from killing and eating are just for the sake of our tongue, our tastes. If we continue to create these transgressions of eating, the retributions of suffering will last for endless Kalpas.

The resultant retributions will last for unending Kalpas. For these and other wrongdoings, we repent today with deep sincerity.

Remember, there was once a woman who came to the Abode with the resolve to practice. She had already traveled all over the world. She openly repented [her previous way of life]. After she repented, she quickly began her spiritual practice. She donated money as part of her practice. But in the meantime, her karma manifested and she became ill. She often said, “The more I thought about the past, the more scared and regretful I became and the more I had to repent.” I believe that because she repented, had regrets, she was comforted by many people in the hospital when her illness manifested. She often shared with our medical students and even traveled around Taiwan to tell her story. Although she was ill, she was still brave. Do you think she was in pain? She was in a lot of pain. But she willingly endured her retribution. She understood how cause and effect works, so she willingly accepted her karma. She opened her heart and continuously and openly repented.

Think about it. She was a living example for others. In the end, two days before she died, she asked her younger sister to bring her back here in her wheelchair. She told me, “Master, I am ready. When can I go? I am prepared.”
I said, “Let go of everything, come and do freely. When it is time to go, leave happily. When it is time to wake up, be grateful that you are awake. Let go of everything, come and go at ease.”
That afternoon I received a phone call informing me she had died. She truly openly repented and shared her story with others. Though she did this, the misfortune which struck her, this karmic retribution, still occurred. I believe she had completely repented, so her heavy karma should be easy for her to bear. She repented everything she should have and donated all of her wealth. In the end many people were by her side, and she died happily.

Karmic retribution is truly frightening. “For these and other wrongdoings, we repent today with deep sincerity.” We should always be repentant. We cannot just be repentant for one day. Everyone, please be mindful. Truly, we cannot overlook and living being. We must see everything equally. Do not disparage tiny life forms. Do not commit small evils thinking them trivial. Do not assume that any wrong is insignificant. “I am just eating meat. How can that be evil?” Do not think this way, or the evils will pile up. Do not avoid small good deeds thinking them slight. Do not wonder about the merits of being vegetarian. At the very least we are not adding to the killing. So, being vegetarian is much better. Everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語—20120918《法譬如水》眾生平等觀
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: