Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20121219《法譬如水》敬佛如佛在

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29006
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20121219《法譬如水》敬佛如佛在 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20121219《法譬如水》敬佛如佛在   靜思晨語--20121219《法譬如水》敬佛如佛在 Empty周三 12月 19, 2012 6:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT-F1XCkI7w
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20121219《法譬如水》敬佛如佛在   靜思晨語--20121219《法譬如水》敬佛如佛在 Empty周三 12月 19, 2012 10:39 pm

【證嚴上人開示】

幾天來,我們一直在說要尊經重法,我們要知道,佛法就是從佛陀的智慧而來,雖然經過這麼久的年代,但是人人尊重經典,所以經才能不斷流傳,我們一定要:
尊重佛經像
如處正法中
心中有佛在
行中有正法

正法若要流傳,唯有我們要尊重,佛的經和佛的像。

之前就對大家說過,這種毀塔壞寺,或是燒毀經像,如同出佛身血,因為經或是像,現在處在像末的時代,我們如果還不懂得疼惜,還不能尊重,很快的佛法就會完全消滅,我們虔誠信佛,虔誠敬法,就如法在、如佛在。

所以我們若不尊敬,就像出佛身血一樣,出佛身血罪業很重,就像殺父害母同等的罪。
所以我們一定要,尊重佛的經和像,看到有經典的地方,我們就要起恭敬心,我們看到有佛像的地方,就像佛在世,在我們面前,這樣子尊重,所以我們若是寺院就是禮拜,禮拜就要虔誠,不只是彎下腰去拜一下就起來,叩個頭就起來,不是這樣,要發自內心尊敬。

哪怕你以很虔誠的心,在佛前合個掌虔誠鞠躬,這樣恭敬心就是從內心生起,不只是身體的形態,一直拜,心卻胡亂想東西,那等於不敬重一樣。
所以我們一定要起尊重虔誠,面對佛或是經像,我們要很尊重,這樣就如同佛在世,像我們在佛的面前聽法,每個人若在讀經時,要很莊重,坐端正,好好讀,這樣就像我們在聽佛說法,就如處正法中。

不只是在像法,我們應該比像法更前面,就是佛在世的正法,唯有我們心中要有佛,永遠永遠,每一秒每一刻鐘,我們的心中一定要有佛在,自然我們在日常生活,處事待人等等,我們的正確的語言道理,我們都能不斷湧現,所以行中正法,我們無論做什麼事,都是適當智慧的方法,下面再來看看這段懺文:
使煙熏日曝 風吹雨露
塵土污坌 雀鼠毀壞
共住同宿 曾無禮敬

雖然我們有很莊嚴的佛像,我們有很好的經典,和我們在同一個地方,但是我們不懂得尊重,把佛像或是佛經,把它丟在煙火熏燒的地方,那就是不尊重的地方,熏得黑黑的,有的連在裡面都沒有,放在外面風吹日曬,或是雨露。
過去,在五十多年前,我還沒來到花蓮之前,我們後面的地藏菩薩,是露天的,那是日據時代,為了要鎮壓山地人,要讓這些山地人,跟他們說這是地藏菩薩,你們要尊敬,不過,雖然要人尊敬,他們卻放在露天。
這是一個聽來的故事,以前日據時代,在那個時候,有一回忽然間整座山,整個村子裡不曉得怎麼了,忽然間大家都感染到那種,好像霍亂一樣,一直瀉肚子,傳染病一直傳染。

當時日本警察,從前實在很不好調伏,整個村子傳染病一直傳出來時,大家都沒體力了,所以日本政府在這個地方,造了一尊地藏像,警察到了山上就對他們說,你們要趕快來拜拜,地藏菩薩他會保佑你們,所以當時這個山地,多數都是信仰地藏菩薩。
因為日本人虔信地藏菩薩,日本人從前若是在十字路口,較偏遠地方的十字路口,就造一尊地藏像,一來意思就是要讓大家知道,東西南北要怎麼分,佛像面對什麼方向,就知道哪邊是東哪邊是西。

但是裡頭包含的道理,就是說地藏菩薩要指引人,一條正確的道路,看到地藏菩薩能起尊重心,知道地藏菩薩的大願,就是為了這些,犯錯造罪的人犧牲,去地獄,要救度地獄的眾生,所以要提醒人人,不要造罪、不要作惡。

所以過去在較偏遠的地區,十字路口的地方,都差不多有一尊地藏像。
當時花蓮佳民整個地區,忽然間有這種傳染病,大家全村的人都病倒了,所以他們就利用這個機會造像,引導人人要有一個信仰來禮拜,這樣讓大家剛強的心降伏下來,這是我初來到時,曾聽到的故事。

當時花蓮一些商業家,包括許聰敏老居士,他們一群人發現,地藏菩薩露天的,被日曬風吹雨淋,不忍心,所以他們這群人就大家集資,把地藏菩薩就地,沒有移動,就在周圍蓋起一間房子,所以這間房子,現在叫做「普明寺」,就是遮蓋日曬風吹雨淋,很小一間,不過,也是一番尊重恭敬,不忍這尊像在那裡,被風日吹曬,所以因為這樣,才有了這間普明寺。
我來的那年,剛好他們要啟用,所以很有幸,到來時剛好啟用,許老居士帶我們來這裡,修道法師那時候說是開光,因為地藏菩薩又重新,他們又幫他安金身,所以重新再開光,這就是我頭一次,來到地藏廟的時候,所以這就是恭敬尊重。
有的除了被日曬風吹雨淋以外,尤其「塵土污坌」,雨若一淋、風若一吹,沙土沾染了,當然就很髒了。

何況光復之後,外面的宗教一直進來,所以到山上,不論是救濟麵粉、衣服,所以山上蓋了很多教堂,有長老教堂、基督教堂、天主教堂、耶穌教堂,所以整座山上,完全都是信仰外來的宗教,所以這尊地藏菩薩,在我們後面的那一尊,當時就真的是日曬風吹,很多沙土在身上。
類似這種事情,應該到處可以看得到,尤其是記得我去天祥時,經過一座橋,當時看到(菩薩)像,被人推倒在地,所以看了很不忍,才說我來到這裡,那邊有山洞,去請人把這尊露天被推倒的像,搬過來山洞,所以要到天祥這條路的中間,那裡就有那樣的一尊,後來才請許老居士,請工人把這尊石像移進石洞裡。

當然又往前行,到天祥去,到了天祥一樣,那裡也有一尊被推倒了。
總而言之,當時在開這條橫貫公路時,從前凡是山地地區,日本人都造了地藏像,一直到開這條橫貫公路,就慢慢一直毀壞了,沿路能看到,這就是時代在末法來到時,就一直被毀壞,像法末法的交界。

所以看到菩薩像到處被毀壞,不尊重,現在又想起來有一點不捨,沿途走過、看過的故事,地藏菩薩移到哪裡去了,我要好好再回顧一下。
除了不恭敬尊重,而且「雀鼠毀壞」,雀就是鳥,有的鳥棲息在上面,在那裡糞便也是那樣,所以年久月深,鳥糞或是任由人為的破壞,所以這種我們若在我們的周圍看到,不能好好去整理,如此我們所住附近的地方,一點禮敬都沒有,這樣也不對。

所以說來,我們要時時對佛的經像,不論在哪個地方,我們應該要起恭敬心,經典也是一樣,不要自己住得很好,佛像或是經典亂丟,這樣不行。
你們記得,我說過我的那部《法華經》,是有人把它放在床底下,不知道經過上百年或是幾十年,我請到這部經,到現在都已經差不多,將近五十年,是我要離家時,什麼我都能不帶,連替換的衣服都沒有拿,就是把這部經帶出來,所以在王母廟那裡,點油燈我也是在那裡抄經;來到花蓮,小木屋時也是這部經,我在那裡抄經。

這部經,應該它主人的祖先,應該是很尊重,到了後一代的後一代,不知經過幾代人,竟然把它收藏在床底下;從前的人都住通鋪,他竟然堆在床底下,一直到要翻修房子時,房間要重新翻修,裡面一些書都清理出來,裡面就有這部《法華經》。
所以在慈雲寺,有信徒來對師父說,修道法師聽到時,我剛好在旁邊,我說,我們去買回來,不要讓它流落到舊物商那裡,我們去買回來,所以那時也是花了八百元,當時的八百元也不少錢了,就請了回來。

翻開裡面也有被蟲蛀了,也有濕氣,也有發黃的,也有破的,拿回來就仔細補過,雖然我現在也收得好好的,很久都沒動它了,實在現在想起來,自己也要懺悔。
這就是年久月深,經像我們要好好珍惜,我們對經如對佛,這是佛的法身,因為我們要了解佛法,就要從經典中來,我們面對經典或是佛像,我們一定要有很恭敬的心,不要在經或佛前,我們很邋遢,所以這段懺文又這麼說:
或裸露像前 初不嚴飾
遮掩燈燭 關閉殿宇
障佛光明 如是等罪
今日至誠 皆悉懺悔

意思就是我們在佛前,身體很不整齊,不只是穿衣服不整齊,還有的人,夏天有的人就裸露身體在佛前,像這樣就是不尊重,除了不尊重以外,不嚴飾,就是隨便丟,你看,我們在佛像的位置,香花、水果,多麼尊敬,但是有的人就隨便,自己的身形也不恭敬,甚至「遮掩燈燭」,就是佛前沒有燈光,甚至「關閉殿宇」,常常都封閉住,讓光線透不進去,「障佛光明,像這些都是不尊佛,不重法,像這樣會放鬆了我們的行為,所以我們一定心在佛、法在心,行不敬就道不存。
各位,我們要身與心一定要很恭敬,我們的形態若不恭敬,道就無法繼續流傳下去,我們的心和法無法合在一起,所以希望人人時時要起恭敬心,敬佛敬法也敬僧,要時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20121219《法譬如水》敬佛如佛在   靜思晨語--20121219《法譬如水》敬佛如佛在 Empty周五 2月 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Lecturer: Master Cheng-Yan
Subject: Respect the Buddha as if He Were Present (敬佛如佛在)
These past few days, we talked about respecting Sutras, valuing Dharma. We have to know that the Buddha-Dharma comes from the Buddha’s wisdom. Though it has been a long time, the Sutras have continuously been passed down because everyone respects them. We must have respect for Sutras and images of the Buddha. This is like abiding in Right Dharma. The Buddha is present in our minds; the Dharma is present in our actions.
Right Dharma can be spread only if we respect Sutras and images of the Buddha.
Earlier I said that destroying pagodas and temples or burning Sutras and images is like causing the Buddha to bleed. Right now it is the juncture of the Eras of Dharma Semblance and Dharma Decay. If we do not know to cherish or respect Sutras or images, Dharma will completely disappear. We must sincerely believe in the Buddha and respect the Dharma, as if we are always in their presence. So if we are disrespectful, that is like causing the Buddha to bleed. The karma of doing so is tremendous and is equivalent to patricide and matricide. So, we must respect Sutras and images of the Buddha.
Let us be respectful wherever we see Sutras. Wherever we see images of the Buddha, we should show the same respect we would if He were alive in front of us. So, when we enter templates, we pay our respects.
To do this, we must be reverent. Do not bow down perfunctorily, kowtow, and get up. Instead, your actions must come from deep heartfelt respect. If we put our palms together and bow with deep respect in front of the Buddha, that reverence comes from deep within our hearts. These are not just physical actions. If we think about random things as we bow, that is disrespectful. So, we have to be respectful and reverent toward the Buddha, Sutras and images of the Buddha. We have to be as respectful as we would if He were alive and were speaking Dharma to us. When we read Sutras, we have to be very proper, sit up straight, and focus on reading, as if we were listening to Buddha expound Dharma. If we can do this, it is like we are abiding in Right Dharma, not just Dharma Semblance. We want to be in the Era before Dharma Semblance, the Era of Right Dharma, when the Buddha was alive. We can only do so with the Buddha in our hearts. Every second, every moment for eternity we must keep the Buddha in our hearts. Then, when we deal with people and matters in our daily living, we will always express the correct words and truths, and Right Dharma will be in our actions. Whatever we do, we will do it appropriately and wisely.
Now, let us look at the repentance text. “We many expose [His image] to smoke and blazing sun, wind and rain, dust, dirt or damage by birds and mice. We live in the same room but treat it without respect.”
Although some people have dignifies images of the Buddha and very good Sutras that they keep in the place they live, they do not know to respect them. So they toss Buddha’s images or Sutras into a place exposed to smoke. That is disrespectful; they will turn black.
Some do not even put images of the Buddha inside. They are battered by wind, sun or rain. About 50 years ago, before I came to Hualien, the Earth Treasury Bodhisattva behind the Abode was in the open air. During the Japanese occupation, they tried to pacify the Aborigines by telling by telling them, “This is Earth Treasury Bodhisattva. You have to respect him.” They wanted people to respect him, but they put him outside.
There was a story from the time of Japanese rule. One day, all the villagers on the mountain seemed to suddenly contract something like cholera. They had constant diarrhea. The disease spread. At that time, the Japanese police already had difficulty controlling the people. As the illness continued to spread, everyone lost their strength. So the Japanese government erected a statue of the Earth Treasury Bodhisattva. The police came on the mountain and told them, “Come and pray to him; he will protect you.” At that time, most of the Aborigines had faith in the Earth Treasury Bodhisattva. Because the Japanese really believed in him, they would erect statues of Earth Treasury Bodhisattva, especially at remote intersections. One purpose was to indicate directions, east, west, south and north. Based on the direction he faced, people knew which way was east or west. But the deeper meaning within was that the Earth Treasury Bodhisattva guides people to the correct path. When people saw him, they became respectful because they knew his great vow was to sacrifice himself for people who committed transgressions. He went to Hell to save sentient beings there. This reminds people not to commit transgressions or evil. So most intersections in remote places had a statue of Earth Treasury Bodhisattva. When people in Hualien suddenly got sick, the entire village was affected. So, they took this opportunity to create images to guide people to this belief and tame their stubborn mindsets. I heard this story when I first arrived here.
There were some businesspeople here, including Mr, Xu Cong-min.
They discovered that this statue of Earth Treasury Bodhisattva was out in the open, exposed to sun, wind and rain. They could not bear it, so they pooled their resources. Instead of moving the statue, they built a house over it. This house is called Pu-Ming Temple; it protects the statue from the elements. It is very small, but it demonstrates respect. They could not bear exposing the statue to wind and sun so this is why Pu-ming Temple exists. They were opening the temple the year I arrived. So, I was very fortunate to be here. Mr. Xu brought us here because Master Xiu Dao was going to perform the opening ceremony. Since they restored the statue, they wanted to have a re-opening ceremony.
This happened on my first visit to this temple. This demonstrated reverence and respect. Besides being exposed to sun, wind and rain, some images are covered by “dust and dirt.” After the rain falls, the wind blows and dirt sticks to it, so it gets dirty. Before [Taiwan] gained independence, people of other religions had come here. Besides distributing flour and clothes, they also built a lot of churches. There were Presbyterian churches, Protestant churches, Catholic Churches, and other Christian churches Everyone on the mountain believed in other religions.
So, the statue of the Earth Treasury Bodhisattva behind the Abode was left exposed to the sun and wind, and it collected a lot of sand and dirt. We can see similar things everywhere. I especially remember my trip to Tianxiang. After I passed a bridge, I saw a Bodhisattva statue pushed to the ground. I could not bear it. So I said that since I came here, and there is a cave over there, I will ask someone to take the knocked-over statue to that cave. That is why there is such a statue on the road to Tianxiang. Later I asked Mr. Xu to hire workers to move it into the cave. Then, as I kept going to Tianxiang, I saw the same thing. There was another statue that was knocked over. As the Japanese built the Cross-island highway, they erected statues of the Earth Treasury Bodhisattva on Aborigine land. But when the highway opened, they were gradually destroyed. We saw this along the way. So, as this Era of Dharma Decay arrives, Buddhist images will be destroyed. At the juncture of the Eras of Dharma Semblance and Dharma Decay, we see people disrespect and destroy statues everywhere.
Now, as I think about it, I feel saddened I should carefully look back at these stories and the things I have seen and experienced, like when the statues were moved. Besides being disrespected, they were “damaged by birds and mice.” Some birds perch above these statues and defecate on them. Over the years, they are damaged by bird feces and human behavior. So if we see this and do not clean it up, we have no respect for our surroundings. This is wrong. We always have to be respectful toward images of the Buddha and the Sutras, no matter where they are. This applies to all Buddhist scriptures. We should not live very luxuriously but casually throw statues or Sutras around. This is not acceptable.
Do you remember the story about my copy of the Lotus Sutra? Someone kept it under a bed for decades, for almost 100 years before. I received this Sutra, which I have now had for over 50 years. When I left home, I was able to leave everything behind, even an extra change of clothing, but I had to bring this Sutra. So, at the Temple of the Queen Mother, I copied the Sutra by lamplight.
In the wooden hut in Hualien I continued to copy this Sutra. This Sutra was likely respected by its owner’s ancestors. But after who knows how many generations, they actually stored it underneath the bed. People in olden days slept in a wide bed. Someone actually pushed it under the bed. When they renovated the house and were redoing the bedrooms, they cleaned out these books, including this copy of the Lotus Sutra.
When disciples told this to the Master at the Tzu Yun Temple, Master Xiu-Dao and I were there and heard. I said, “Let’s go buy it. We should not leave it to end up in an antique store.”
So, we spent NT$800 to purchase it. That was quite a sum of money back then. We reverently brought the Sutra back. When we opened it, parts had been eaten by bugs. Others parts were damp, some were yellowed, some were ripped. We carefully mended them. Now I have preserved it well, but I have not touched it in a long time.
Thinking about it now, I also need to repent. We should cherish these Sutras and images which have lasted so many years. Treat Sutras like the Buddha. They are His Dharma –body. To understand the Buddha- Dharma we have to read the Sutras. When we see Sutras or images of the Buddha, we must be respectful. Do not look sloppy in front of them.
So the repentance text says, “We may be nude or undignified in front of the image. We may cover the candlelight or close the temple doors, obstructing Buddha’s luminance. For these and other transgressions, today we openly repent with utmost sincerity.
This is referring to having a disorderly appearance in front of the Buddha. Not only are some people disorderly, in the summer they expose their bodies in front of the Buddha. This is a form of disrespect.
Besides being disrespectful, some people are undignified. They are messy. Look ,in front of the Buddha we have respectfully placed flowers and fruits. But some people do this carelessly. They are not respectful with their own appearance.
They even “cover the candlelight” so there is no light in front of the Buddha. They even “close the temple doors.” They close them so no light can enter. They “obstruct the Buddha’s luminance.” These actions are disrespectful to the Buddha and the Dharma. This is lax behavior. So, keep your heart with the Buddha and the Dharma. If our conduct lacks respect, we have no practice.
Everyone, we have to be respectful in body and mind. If we have a disrespectful appearance, we cannot pass down this spiritual practice. Then our minds cannot unite with the Dharma. So, I hope everyone will always be respectful. Respect the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha. Please, always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20121219《法譬如水》敬佛如佛在
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: